Nov 2019 targeted offer, 2.50% until April 30, 2020 | Page 3 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Nov 2019 targeted offer, 2.50% until April 30, 2020
December 7, 2019
7:25 am
mw
Members
Forum Posts: 38
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I got 2.3%, no minimum balance; seem Simplii Financial 2.8% is better.

December 10, 2019
7:57 pm
picassocat
Québec
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Tangerine is like any other large bank. Forget targeting and go B2b bank or LBC digital, 3.30% and it’s not a special. I left Tangerine a long time ago.

December 11, 2019
4:51 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1894

picassocat said

Tangerine is like any other large bank. Forget targeting and go B2b bank or LBC digital, 3.30% and it’s not a special. I left Tangerine a long time ago.

Actually @ 3.30% , Yes they ⬆ are a 'Special' these days ... it's just a matter of time (tick-tick-tick). Fill yer boots, while you can. sf-cool

And like you (and many others), I said; "Hasta La Vista" to Tangerine too ... and no amount of Tuesday discount movie tickets and free popcorn will get me back❗sf-confused

Selkirk

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

December 11, 2019
7:38 pm
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

Selkirk said

picassocat said

Actually @ 3.30% , Yes they ⬆ are a 'Special' these days ... it's just a matter of time (tick-tick-tick). Fill yer boots, while you can. sf-cool

And like you (and many others), I said; "Hasta La Vista" to Tangerine too ... and no amount of Tuesday discount movie tickets and free popcorn will get me back❗sf-confused

Selkirk  

2.75% on USD.....cant beat that.....and free popcorn, get out of here. Best bank in the world.

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

December 11, 2019
11:51 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Winnie said
Yes, my Tangerine balances are always below $1 for the last 2 years.

Wow, maybe I should be more cutthroat. I've been leaving remnants less than $1000.

December 12, 2019
12:07 am
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

implode said

Winnie said
Yes, my Tangerine balances are always below $1 for the last 2 years.

Wow, maybe I should be more cutthroat. I've been leaving remnants less than $1000.  

Yes you should! Tangerine doesn’t deserve that $1000 of yours for a pathetic 1.1%. I too am $1 there.

December 12, 2019
2:29 am
deepcman
Members
Forum Posts: 27

I'm over having to call and beg for decent rates that aren't even that good. I've move on to other institutions that offer better rates but I left 20 cents in Tangerine just in case. I'm sure that will prompt their special rate offers which I pass on.

January 2, 2020
8:05 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3887

I'm on the 2.5% promo until April 30, 2020, i.e. 1.1% regular rate, additional 1.4% promo, for my own plus a joint account.

For December I got $93.50 interest and $24.16 promo interest in one account and I got $92.96 interest plus $213.13 promo interest in the other. Looks strange to me. Overall, I got the right amount of promo interest but they put most of it in one account. Am I hallucinating?

January 2, 2020
12:49 pm
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

Bill said
I'm on the 2.5% promo until April 30, 2020, i.e. 1.1% regular rate, additional 1.4% promo, for my own plus a joint account.

For December I got $93.50 interest and $24.16 promo interest in one account and I got $92.96 interest plus $213.13 promo interest in the other. Looks strange to me. Overall, I got the right amount of promo interest but they put most of it in one account. Am I hallucinating?  

I had only few cents in my joint account earlier this year and I was getting an incredible bonus rate on it! (1,200% and more!)bonus-interest.JPG

January 2, 2020
2:49 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1160

Ditto - I have multiple savings - individual & primary to additional joints . All on the same promotional offer. However, the bonus interest posted to each account is for sure not proportional to the new money deposited to each respective account.

January 3, 2020
4:56 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9212

re: Bill's unusual accounts.
I have come to think that there is something very strange about Tangerine's calculations.
I am not on any promo at the moment, nor do I have any significant money there at the moment. My issues were not nearly as odd as yours, but, several times in the last year, I have had Tangerine reps quote me, by phone, the wrong numbers for interest accumulated on accounts. The first time, I thought one of us must have been dozing, but it happened enough that I think something is not right with their systems.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.