ING Direct - Set up your payroll to deposit directly and get a $100 bonus | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
ING Direct - Set up your payroll to deposit directly and get a $100 bonus
July 13, 2011
9:17 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

msl said:

i called ING about that $100 sign-in bonus if you payroll direct deposit with them.
and the CSR told me that only those who sign in for the period may 2011 onwards are e given that bonus. (forgot the exact date) and since i had my payroll direct deposit setup with them on april 2011... she said i dont qualify for the bonus.

another S.O.L!!! *_* (deadmeat)

That's just wrong!! It makes the Ally commercials spot on, with them favouring new customers over old. You should escalate it to the CEO, Peter Aceto, and see if he really does listen. Keep us updated! :)

Cheers,
Doug

July 13, 2011
10:29 pm
msl
Guests

the CSR said, i qualified for the $25,000 draw which i did. i mean, that's the main reason i set-up my direct deposit with them but unfortunately i did not win. (who won by the way?) that promo was in april 2011, which is the time i set-up with them. and so she said, i qualified for the $25,000 promo but for the $100 bonus (may 2011 promo) i am disqualified. yeah, right.

oh well, if im in the mood, i might try to do that [escalate it to the CEO] Doug, but it's 99% im not gonna do it. LOL. what im gonna try to do instead is to cancel my payroll direct deposit them ING (looks like i will not ever qualify to any of their future promos anyway the way ING is acting) and sign in with Vancity which gives $30 bonus.

July 14, 2011
9:23 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

Peter Aceto did promise to be accessible, and he is on Twitter:

July 14, 2011
5:48 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

Peter said:

Peter Aceto did promise to be accessible, and he is on Twitter:

That's what I was thinking. msl's been a big promoter of ING's THRiVE Chequing and I don't think that's right he be penalized for signing up his payroll a couple weeks too soon. ;(

Thanks, Peter! Here's hoping he listens and looks into it! :)

Cheers,
Doug

July 29, 2011
9:46 pm
msl
Guests

It would seem, ING is really concentrating on signing up the major Canadian population on their ING Thrive Account. Oh well, with a $100 bonus (and also that $185 signing bunos on Red Flag Deals which already expired of course last week) they might really be successful.

Anyway, for me, this ING Thrive is just okay. It's a free chequing account so what can i say. Although my last two payroll [July 15 & 31 periods] direct deposits with ING were 3 days delayed it's okay. I actually wanted to opt out already of this ING Payroll Direct Deposits because for the delay being experienced and of course ING's preference on NEW clients rather than OLD clients like me. So I went to a Vancity branch to set-up my direct payroll deposit with them, only to find out that [a CSR said to me] their $30 signing-up bonus is an "old promotion" so no longer valid. (That means, I'm still stuck with ING!) They [Vancity] should update their website then because that promo is still there! Duh? (Evidence below)

https://www.vancity.com/Membership/DirectDeposit/

So just to clarify with ING so since Doug mentioned about me emailing ING about their $100 bonus if its okay with old clients. Anyway, here is the big banana. IT AIN'T!!!

This is the email from ING from my inquiry: (this is an original message; only my name and the ING employee redacted)

***start of email*****

Hello [REDACTED],

From time to time, we offer new and exciting incentives to help our Clients make the switch to THRiVE Chequing. It is possible that you may qualify for one contest or bonus, while not qualifying for the next. Rest assured there will always be new promotions to look out for, whether it’s for THRiVE Chequing, savings accounts or mutual funds.

Since your initial payroll deposit was before the start date of this promotion (i.e. May 19, 2011), you do not qualify for it. You can still encourage your friends and family to open up their own THRiVE Chequing account, and switch their payroll before July 31, 2011 so they’d be included in this promotion. That way, they will qualify for the $100 bonus!

We're listening and are planning new initiatives for the fall to help you continue to THRiVE. Your feedback helps us create a better experience for all of our THRiVE-ers, thank you.

If you have any questions about your accounts, please call us at 1-888-464-3232. We’re open 24 hour a day, 7 days a week. For your security we do not send or action any personal information, or banking transactions, over email.

Kind regards,

[REDACTED]
Savings Email Team

***end of email*****

There you go folks.

July 29, 2011
10:17 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

Peter Aceto didn't reply to my Tweet, but thanks msl for getting the answer we would have gotten to that Tweet!

August 19, 2012
9:36 pm
Djwerid
Guests

msl said:

First Payroll Direct Deposit = April 15, 2011 = 2 days delayed
Second Payroll Direct Deposit = April 29, 2011 = Right On time (same day, same pay)
Third Payroll Direct Deposit = May 13, 2011 = 2 days delayed (again)
Fourth Payroll Direct Deposit = May 31, 2011 = 1 day delayed.
Fifth Payroll = June 15, 2011 = Right on time (same day, same pay)
So it seems ING is back on the game. Good!

Wonder why ing was being aggressive. To stimulate potetional buyers

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.