ING Direct - Set up your payroll to deposit directly and get a $100 bonus | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
ING Direct - Set up your payroll to deposit directly and get a $100 bonus
May 20, 2011
6:31 pm
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Members
Forum Posts: 310
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

http://www.ingdirect.ca/thrive/

Arrange for your payroll or pension deposits to go into your THRiVE Chequing Account by July 31st and get a $100 bonus*!

Setting up your payroll?

Give your Human Resources department your THRiVE Chequing Account number, along with our bank information: our Institution Number is #614; our Transit Number is #00152.
Your payroll department may ask you for a void cheque for your THRiVE Chequing Account. You can either give them one from the batch of 50 free cheques we will mail to you, or, if you'd rather not wait for the mail, you can get a void cheque online by logging in to your THRiVE Chequing Account at ingdirect.ca.

djino
"Just another reason to dump HSBC"

May 20, 2011
7:42 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

djino, no hard feelings if you end up leaving HSBC totally. I totally get it. HSBC's strategy has changed dramatically to really aggressively target and focus on acquiring the emerging affluent (Advance) and mass affluent (Premier/Private Banking) customer. They've basically said they'll take retail banking customers because they have to, but they'll leave the Big Five and virtual banks to target them.

Cheers,
Doug

May 20, 2011
10:46 pm
msl
Guests

okay, i get it:

http://www.ingdirect.ca/thrive/

its a new program. set-up payroll direct deposit and get $100 bonus.
I set-up my payroll direct deposit with ING last April 2011 to deliberately join the $25,000 contest. The draw was May 11, 2011. [I did not win] I wonder if I will automatically join in this promo or if I'm only qualified to the last promo.
That's because I'm planning to leave ING Thrive Payroll Direct Deposit haha. I'll just use it as my "online banking trial money account"

Because of this Experience Log:

First Payroll Direct Deposit = April 15, 2011 = 2 days delayed
Second Payroll Direct Deposit = April 29, 2011 = Right On time (same day, same pay)
Third Payroll Direct Deposit = May 13, 2011 = 2 days delayed (again)
Fourth Payroll Direct Deposit = May 31, 2011(?) = unknown, still to be evaluated

June 1, 2011
10:21 pm
msl
Guests

Fourth Payroll Direct Deposit = May 31, 2011 = 1 day delayed.

My coworkers, one CIBC and two RBC got their direct deposit right on May 31. While me? oh well, we all have our payslips but when i checked my ING balance after work (about 5pm) the money is not yet there. Oh well, there goes ING I say. I might have to wait two more days. Anyway, just a day after, I checked again, and alas my pay is there. So this time, ING is 1 day delayed. Ohh yes, 1 day improvement! Im just wondering because of this, does ING->HSBC have a 24-48 hours posting delay? That's because ING->RBC and ING->CIBC is "realtime" I think. (HSBC is the bank of my company)

Fifth Payroll = June 15, 2011 = ??? This will be critical as I will have a conclusion on what is going on with my direct deposit with ING.

June 2, 2011
7:31 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

I'm just speculating here, but it could have something to do with the cutoff time for EFT processing and perhaps the "Big Five" banks have later cutoff times? Or, it could simply be the time ING posts the actual credit to your account is later than had it been RBC or CIBC? Could it be because they are a "virtual" bank and not a Direct Clearer in the Canadian Payments Association and so have to clear all payments through a CPA Direct Clearer? PC Financial and Canadian Direct Financial would not be good tests of this as both of those operate as transits of CIBC and Canadian Western Bank's institution numbers - both of which are Direct Clearers, I believe. Do you have accounts with any other "virtual" banks by chance, i.e. Ally, ICICI Bank, etc.? I'm sorry, I really don't have an answer for you.

Cheers,
Doug

June 4, 2011
11:07 pm
msl
Guests

Yeah, you have point here Doug, I find your point interesting and I am convinced it could be the reason. The only problem for me for this delayed direct deposit is that i always have this feeling of "Oh no, late [the pay] again! Dang. Sorry guys, no Tim Hortons for ya all."

i did a basic Google research on setting up direct payroll deposit and how much the banks offer and so far:

The Big 5 Banks..... $00 money for signing up.
Coast Capital....... $00
PC Financial........ $10 (in worth of groceries)
Vancity............. $30
ING Direct.......... $100

So clearly, ING is the winner. The interesting question with ING so far is,
okay, lets say its already August 2011, and by this time, that $100 should be already given in your account, however you decided you're no longer interested with their direct deposit because its late anyway, will they allow you to cash in that $100 and get it? You see, im trying to see the fine print exhaustively (CANT FIND IT DARN) if it actually says, *You must bank with us for at least a year or else no $100. LOL

June 6, 2011
10:35 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

I think you just need to have payroll going in up until the deadline of July 31st, but you may want to e-mail ING and confirm that. 🙂

Cheers,
Doug

June 15, 2011
10:31 pm
msl
Guests

Second Payroll Direct Deposit = April 29, 2011 = Right On time (same day, same pay)
Fifth Payroll = June 15, 2011 = Right on time (same day, same pay)

So it seems ING is back on the game. Good!

June 16, 2011
3:17 am
djino
Members

msl said:

Fifth Payroll = June 15, 2011 = Right on time (same day, same pay)

So it seems ING is back on the game. Good!

awesome. I got my first payroll direct deposit last week Wednesday, and received my $100 bonus from ING 6 days later (this past Tuesday).

djino

June 18, 2011
3:17 pm
msl
Guests

djino said:
awesome. I got my first payroll direct deposit last week Wednesday, and received my $100 bonus from ING 6 days later (this past Tuesday).

Good for you. I haven't received mine yet, maybe on July 2011 and im not sure if i am entitled to this $100 anyway. because i setup up my payroll deposit last week of april 2011 with them to join their $25,000 promo for signing up. im actually waiting for the winner's list i requested from them...

June 21, 2011
6:06 pm
Max
Members
Forum Posts: 208

And now the 100$ question: My girlfriend is depositing her payroll in my main banking account since she doesn't give a shit about finance and I do (the proof is that I am currently writing these lines). She doesn't want to open a thrive checking account since she already has her HSBC account that she never used, lost the password and got it disabled every time she tried to login.

So, If she's deposting in MY account will I get the 100$?

The day you become free is the day you work for fun.

June 22, 2011
4:23 am
djino
Members

Max said:

And now the 100$ question: My girlfriend is depositing her payroll in my main banking account since she doesn't give a shit about finance and I do (the proof is that I am currently writing these lines). She doesn't want to open a thrive checking account since she already has her HSBC account that she never used, lost the password and got it disabled every time she tried to login.

If you already received the $100 bonus, then the answer is no. Otherwise yes, assuming you can get her direct payroll deposit setup to your account.

djino

June 22, 2011
7:35 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Max said:

I would you think you would, Max; however, if you've already received YOUR $100, then there may be an exclusion for one reward per joint accountholder in addition to the "per accountholder" exclusion, and you may not get one for her payroll deposit. To avoid this, I'd recommend opening individual THRiVE chequing accounts, getting your $100 rewards and then switching your payroll deposits to the joint account.

Cheers,
Doug

June 22, 2011
10:17 am
Max
Members

Fortunately, I do not have any Thrive chequing account open yet.

I'm planning to open one just to replace my HSBC account which is now pointless since I can't write any checks and I get insignificant interest rate from my deposits.

I am hesitating between opening 2 Thrive checking account for myself and my girlfriend and make both our Payrolls being deposited in each of our accounts....

June 22, 2011
10:46 am
Max
Members

If I don't have a Thrive checking account, is there any promotion that give me a bonus for opening one?

June 22, 2011
6:42 pm
msl
Guests

Max said:

If I don't have a Thrive checking account, is there any promotion that give me a bonus for opening one?

yes, there is a $25 bonus for opening an account. its called an orange key. i did not get mine because i rushed my application when it asks for the orange key while opening my account,i just leave it blank. by the time i realized this, it was already too late. dont follow my mistake. by the way, because referral of the orange key is not allowed on this forum i would you to just google the "orange key from ING" to get your promotion code. you'll get lots of it.

June 28, 2011
2:51 pm
Charles
Guests

msl,

I made the same mistake you did - but then I called their customer service and they told me that as soon as they receive my initial deposit and initialize my account, I can call them with the orange key and still receive the 25$. Because of the Canadapost strike they haven't received it, but I'll let you know if I am successful.

June 28, 2011
5:59 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Hi Charles,

I'm still miffed about this. Good customer service rules dictate that ING should've credited me the $25 but they basically said because I didn't know about it until after I applied, I was S.O.L. ;(

Cheers,
Doug

July 7, 2011
7:28 pm
msl
Guests

Doug said:

Hi Charles,

I'm still miffed about this. Good customer service rules dictate that ING should've credited me the $25 but they basically said because I didn't know about it until after I applied, I was S.O.L. ;(

Cheers,
Doug

im s.o.l. on that $25 sign-in bonus too!!! but now, what im waiting for is that $100 bonus. on the other ING news, its been a month since i've been waiting for ING to send me back the winner's list on their $25,000 promo. i can put the blame on canada post strike but it's back to work now. oh well, see, i did receive a letter today from ING, but the letter contains only their new chip-enabled debit replacement card. im just curious why they didn't pose the winner anyway? well, just a basic name and city/province will do it, isnt that hard to publish???

now im really curious if somebody did REALLY win that $25K...

July 12, 2011
7:22 pm
msl
Guests

i called ING about that $100 sign-in bonus if you payroll direct deposit with them.
and the CSR told me that only those who sign in for the period may 2011 onwards are e given that bonus. (forgot the exact date) and since i had my payroll direct deposit setup with them on april 2011... she said i dont qualify for the bonus.

another S.O.L!!! *_* (deadmeat)

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.