3% until November 30, 2015 on new Tangerine Savings Account deposits made between July 2 and September 30 | Page 7 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
3% until November 30, 2015 on new Tangerine Savings Account deposits made between July 2 and September 30
March 7, 2016
5:11 pm
MG
Members
Forum Posts: 263
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
121sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was also on the 2.4% offer which expired February 29th. Finally called today and was basically turned down for any sort of promotional rate. I mentioned seeing online that other people were getting 2% and the rep told me he could not respond to anything I had read on a blog. It was almost as if he had a script he was reading from. He suggested I try one of their GICs which I declined. After about 10 minutes of no progress, I finally asked him to move $100K of my funds to Accelerate.

Once he started to input the transfer, he told me that a "pop-up" just appeared with a 2% offer for 90 days. Of course, I accepted it.

It seems that Tangerine is becoming a littler smarter and that one has to actually start to move one's money before an offer is presented. Just thought I would share.sf-surprised

March 15, 2016
9:45 am
theodor
Members
Forum Posts: 19
122sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi, I was also promised 2% as a retention bonus but can't find confirmation anywhere. Anybody know how to confirm what the phone agent promised? Don't want to be on hold again for more than 30 minutes only to have the call dropped. I am a firm believer if it is not in writing it does not exist.

March 15, 2016
11:02 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467
123sp_Permalink sp_Print

theodor said

Hi, I was also promised 2% as a retention bonus but can't find confirmation anywhere. Anybody know how to confirm what the phone agent promised? Don't want to be on hold again for more than 30 minutes only to have the call dropped. I am a firm believer if it is not in writing it does not exist.

Try logging into your Tangerine account, and on the left menu choose "my info and options" then choose "my contest entries and bonuses". If you have a better rate, it should show up there under "Your special rate offers".

March 15, 2016
3:43 pm
SavingIsGood
Banned
Forum Posts: 215
124sp_Permalink sp_Print

I agree. If it is not in writing it is a pie in the sky. With cream made of aspartame.
Nope. And 'agents' are impossible to persuade to give better rate than 'competitive 0.8%'. Even after telling them I will be moving more than 300K...

March 15, 2016
8:07 pm
theodor
Members
Forum Posts: 19
125sp_Permalink sp_Print

@rhvic,
thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Was able to confirm the 2% retention bonus for
90 days. Remembering the early eighties when one could buy a Canada Savings Bond yielding
19.5% and here we are chasing a 2% return, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

March 19, 2016
10:00 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404
126sp_Permalink sp_Print

I've closed this thread since it was originally about the 3% bonus in Fall 2015, but feel free to open new threads about the 2% retention bonus or anything else about Tangerine :)

This topic is locked No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.