$185 Bonus - When Signing Up for Thrive Chequing Account & Adding Your Payroll - ends July 25 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
$185 Bonus - When Signing Up for Thrive Chequing Account & Adding Your Payroll - ends July 25
July 18, 2011
4:16 am
Jenna
Members
Forum Posts: 82
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sign up for an ING Direct Thrive chequing account and add payroll deposit, and you will receive $185 FREE cash. Deal is offered through Red Flag Deals "Deal of the Day", and I believe runs until July 25th. "Deal of the Day" is a free daily deal website, and sign up is free.

Here are the conditions stated:

– Deal is valid across Canada
– Limit one per person
– New ING DIRECT clients only
– Orange Key sign-up code expires July 25, 2011
– $185 is deposited in your account after you setup payroll deposit

These are the instructions given on Red Flag Deals:

1. Purchase this deal for $0

2. Follow the steps and you will be shown a special “Orange Key” sign-up code

3. Then, visit ingdirect.ca/dealoftheday and sign up for a new THRiVE Chequing Account using your Orange Key code

4. Once you’re account is opened, arrange for your payroll deposits to go into your THRiVE Chequing Account. (Payroll must be deposited by August 31st.)

5. That's it! Once your payroll is deposited, we'll put $185 into your THRiVE Chequing Account (1 week after your first payroll deposit is made)

Here is the link to the offering:

http://dealoftheday.redflagdea.....ral/quxWPa

July 18, 2011
7:59 am
Jenna
Members

I am not certain if this deal also allows for the use of the $25 Orange Key referral code, but that would make the offer even better if it did!

July 18, 2011
12:22 pm
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Members
Forum Posts: 310

Nope, you wouldn't be able to get the $25 Referral in addition to the $185 since you'd need to input the orange key during your sign up process to get the $185.

djino

July 18, 2011
12:27 pm
Jenna
Members

Okay thanks, djino. Still a great deal, if I do say so myself!

July 18, 2011
12:47 pm
kilarney
Members
Forum Posts: 146

So ING is offering this sweet deal to new customers only? Nothing like crapping on existing clients who have seen their rates plummet and become uncompetitve... it is just another reason to leave the rotten orange? Or is it available to all?

July 18, 2011
1:02 pm
djino
Members

Available to NEW Clients only.

July 18, 2011
3:22 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4223

kilarney said:

So ING is offering this sweet deal to new customers only? Nothing like crapping on existing clients who have seen their rates plummet and become uncompetitve... it is just another reason to leave the rotten orange? Or is it available to all?

Amen to that! The Ally ads ring true and I think that's the primary target of their ads. ;)

Shame on ING - it's too bad, really, they've got such a great product and then they continue to do this bullshit. :(

Cheers,
Doug

July 19, 2011
1:10 am
msl
Guests

I second the motion Doug. This ING favors only new customers and its way not good at all. So for us old ING customers, it's nada. zip. kaboom!

July 19, 2011
6:33 pm
Bob
Guests

I wonder why ING is obsessed getting everyone to set up the payroll deposit. Every time I get paid, I transfer my pay out of ING faster than they can say "Thrive."

July 19, 2011
7:02 pm
Jenna
Members

Bob, your post was very humourous.

I am guessing that ING is looking for customers with a "new" source of income, rather than customers with static income (those sitting on a nest age--or with savings just slowly trickling in). Their offer (obviously) excludes children, stay at home moms/dads, self-employed (who don't receive from a payroll) and seniors. They also exclude employees who merely receive a weekly cheque, rather than direct deposit (I guess they consider these people to be more transient).

By targetting individuals with new income, they move beyond those who just deposit a lump sum and watch the sum build with interest over time. New money, new business opportunities, I speculate.

July 19, 2011
8:51 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

It's not really fair. I have my pay directly deposited in my account every two weeks; however, because of our payroll system's limitations, I've been advised by our HR department that we cannot use any other financial institution in Canada for direct deposits. However, I can set-up a recurring EFT transfer to my ING Direct account showing recurring monthly auto-deposits. Is that not good enough? Plus, why do they choose to exclude people who receive a paper-based cheque?

I realize direct deposits encourage "stickiness," but I think they should offer what most other financial institutions do in similar promos: set-up one payroll direct deposit or have two pre-authorized payments come out of your account on specified dates or possibly and alternatively make two online bill payments.

Cheers,
Doug

P.S. Let us know if you e-mail Mr. Aceto, msl, and inform us of your success (or lack thereof).

July 20, 2011
8:02 am
djino
Members

Bob said:

I wonder why ING is obsessed getting everyone to set up the payroll deposit. Every time I get paid, I transfer my pay out of ING faster than they can say "Thrive."

LMAO. haha. +1. Although I'd say 10% of payroll deposit stays with ING, but moved out of Thrive into the Savings account.

djino

July 20, 2011
6:56 pm
Bob
Guests

I guess I am the resentful existing ING customer, the kid with no ice-cream as Ally cleverly portrays.

Yes again today I transferred my pay out of ING faster than they can say "Thrive."

Now I go to the fridge and get myself a nice chocolate drumstick just to make myself feel better.

July 20, 2011
7:41 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Bob said:

I guess I am the resentful existing ING customer, the kid with no ice-cream as Ally cleverly portrays.

Yes again today I transferred my pay out of ING faster than they can say "Thrive."

Now I go to the fridge and get myself a nice chocolate drumstick just to make myself feel better.

Good one, Bob. Has anyone tried Nestle Skinny Cows? Only 50 calories, it's practically health food and may even be good for mental health! :P

Cheers,
Doug

July 20, 2011
10:34 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

This is off-topic but has anyone else noticed the Canadian High Interest Savings account banner doesn't load anymore and the chart doesn't have the ability to sort by column either?

Cheers,
Doug

July 20, 2011
11:52 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

Doug said:

This is off-topic but has anyone else noticed the Canadian High Interest Savings account banner doesn't load anymore and the chart doesn't have the ability to sort by column either?

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks for pointing that out. There was an odd issue with file permissions that should be fixed now. Let me know if anything is still broken.

August 2, 2011
12:31 pm
Jenna
Members

Guys, this offer is over now. However, I was shocked to see that FIVE THOUSAND were sold and the deal sold out. Wow, I wonder how many people actually went through with the sign up?

August 2, 2011
10:42 pm
msl
Guests

Err, let me guess, 9 out of 10 Canadian depositors?
Well, and the only 1 left, is actually already an "OLD" ING Direct client [like me]
who got zero dollar bonus! LOL and sad LOL !!!

August 3, 2011
4:33 am
Jenna
Members

MSL, I know that feeling of being burnt. I have been with ING Direct for about 15 years now (I joined about 1 year after all the hype).

However, they have been making a lot of exclusive offers for new customers for ages now. One of the first ones that I remember was the "get $25 when you open a new account".

Do you want to enjoy a good laugh? I am currently earning 1.5% interest with ING Direct (until I transfer it out to Hubert), but my kids' savings accounts in ING are earning 2%! I am having a hard time wrapping my head around ING's logic.

August 8, 2011
8:28 pm
Patrick
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I am very happy with ING even tho I missed the 100$ bonus for setting up direct deposit. My GF did get her 100 bucks! :-)

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.