New Promo For HISA July 1, 2020 to Oct. 30, 2020 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Promo For HISA July 1, 2020 to Oct. 30, 2020
July 3, 2020
12:22 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tang is already a big PITA when dealing with their promos and "snapshots". Don't need another FI that plays those silly games.

July 3, 2020
3:34 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

dougjp said

Unlike a savings account which can change tomorrow (look what People's did yesterday) and we hope EQ doesn't, they are essentially providing a "GIC" until the end of October, with a guaranteed rate (except for the 0.3% part - how much lower can that go). Unlike a GIC however, you have access to all funds during this time.

I logged in and found I've been blessed with a 0.3% rate. sf-cry I've never seen an offer since pulling everything out after the initial promotion. Mind you, their web site is convoluted and I wouldn't know where to look.  

EQ has been consistent with their rates. They don't play the game of other places. They have been my safe haven for whenever nobody is offering anything good. Plus this is the HISA account and not a GIC. My lowest GIC is 2.75% and highest is 3.75%.

July 3, 2020
11:44 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9241

Rick said
Tang is already a big PITA when dealing with their promos and "snapshots". Don't need another FI that plays those silly games.  

They've been able to "snapshot" us at almost zero for almost a year now but no promos here!
The last one I got, eons ago, wanted me to put two and a half times the CDIC maximum on deposit. No thanks. If I wanted to be uninsured, I might buy their stock (BNS) instead.

July 5, 2020
11:32 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

Had Simplii offer Nov 2019-April 2020, interest deposited May 14. I received no extension of that offer from Simplii, as some folks did.

I did receive their current targeted offer, 2%, July 1 - Oct 30, new money. I had withdrawn most of my $'s end of April.

And, interestingly enough, while I haven't excepted this new offer yet, when I Sign On to online banking, above my list of accounts it reads "Deposit accounts- You're signed up for a special savings rate. Make a deposit now." !! Hmm!!

July 6, 2020
11:56 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

I called Simplii today to find out if I might get an offer, since I have been a client for a decade and more. Nope, I do not 'qualify'. I told the agent their current rate of 0.3% was utterly unattractive, and that if they gave me a good rate I'd put in 100K. They did not budge.

July 7, 2020
3:35 am
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

when I logged into Simplii last evening, the offer was the first thing on screen; so I signed up, and this morning there was a confirmation in my gmail, which clearly showed the rates, timing, and terms, so no need for screen captures or saving the original offer webpage.

Having moved my cash out of Simplii when the previous promo ended Apr 30th to RBC [2.25% for 90 days], I may move it back in when said RBC promo expires.

I'd love to stop playing 'chase the promo' game, and maybe open a joint HISA at a bank that consistently offers rates that are close to these promo rates .... I looked at EQ Bank, but with most reviews on this forum warning us to 'stay away', plus it appears they don't offer Joint accounts, it makes it difficult to for me to do this. Plus there's only so many FIs I want to be active with, and I already have 5. Maybe that's enough ?

July 7, 2020
5:44 am
2of3aintbad
Members
Forum Posts: 317

EQ now offers Joint accounts.

July 7, 2020
1:16 pm
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

2of3aintbad said
EQ now offers Joint accounts.  

thanks ... good to know, and removes one of the major hurdles.
Spouse and I only do 'Joint accounts'

July 8, 2020
10:42 am
JustMe2016
Members
Forum Posts: 129

I got the 2.8% offer and called Simplii about it. It is a 'retention offer' and follows the previous promotion started on November 1, 2019. Any amount greater than what you had on October 31, 2019 is eligible to receive 2.8%.

July 8, 2020
11:24 am
Good
Banned
Forum Posts: 98

I signed into my Simplii account .It says that I have been offered a special interest rate.Make a deposit.

Called them and to find out what the offer was.The women said it was a mistake .No offers for me.

I used instant chat today from Simplii. This time got a man and he said I have no current offer. I wrote back that their is a offer in red in my account.Stating that I accepted it. He wrote back to waite a week maybe it is still getting processed.

Who knows with them.

Once their deposit base went down they had to send out offers.

Getting 2.25% and 2.40% elsewhere so makes difference .

July 8, 2020
11:28 am
Good
Banned

I closed EQ years ago. Site was always down. Not reliable.

Laurentian and B2B Bank site is the same not reliable and very slow.

Offer from Simplii of 2.80% if you are lucky enough to get it would grab in a second.Plus their site is way better then the above mentioned institutions.

July 11, 2020
3:39 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3919

Good, same for me, same message, I called in and was told there's no offer for me, maybe it's a message from an old offer (the message has not been there until now). I made sure to refer just to CIBC (Simplii is just a brand name for a division of CIBC) and how strange it was for CIBC to do something like that, she said she'd let the "back office" know there's a glitch so I thanked her and wished her to have a great rest of the day.

July 14, 2020
10:17 am
skibum
Members
Forum Posts: 28

I also got the red script notation on my Simplii account that I was signed up for a special rate and to make a deposit. I went on their "Chat"to confirm (which worked surprisingly faster than phone) but they could not find any offers for me. If this was a "glitch" in their system, it should have been corrected by now. Thanks for the warning posts fellow forum users. Would have been super ticked if I had taken the notice at face value and transferred funds expecting to earn 2% until Oct. 31simplii-offer.jpg

July 17, 2020
4:42 am
Good
Banned

Logged into Simplli this morning ,and notice they finally took off the red message saying that I was offered a special interest rate and to make a deposit.

That is fine . Their is numerous offers from other places.

None of them are 2.80% like a few on here said they received from Simplii.

July 24, 2020
4:55 am
Good
Banned

Women called me yesterday from Simplii saying that their was a glitch in their system for many people saying they had been enrolled in a bonus offer. When actually they had not been.It is corrected now

Told her I have a offer from CIBC that I'm using.

Good customer service from Simplii.

November 13, 2020
9:42 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

The bonus interest on this promo, which ended Oct. 30, 2020, has now been posted.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.