New Promo For HISA July 1, 2020 to Oct. 30, 2020 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Promo For HISA July 1, 2020 to Oct. 30, 2020
July 2, 2020
7:50 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

If you are a client of Simplii, log in to your account to see if you have been invited to enroll in their new promo for savings accounts until Oct. 30, 2020. Promo rate is on amounts in excess of June 30th balance. Piddling posted rate is paid monthly, but promo rate will be paid in November. The offer is for total 2% but might vary by client.

July 2, 2020
8:44 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

I also received 2% offer.

July 2, 2020
8:53 am
James
Members
Forum Posts: 188

Thanks for letting us know. I logged in twice but no offer for me yet.

July 2, 2020
11:54 am
Bruford
Banned
Forum Posts: 229

A word of caution. If you receive an offer from Simplii, before you accept it, copy it and paste it into a word document. Once you accept it, it will disappear, and you will not have any record of it ever existing AND you will not be able to find it in your account info.

July 2, 2020
12:50 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

Bruford said
A word of caution. If you receive an offer from Simplii, before you accept it, copy it and paste it into a word document. Once you accept it, it will disappear, and you will not have any record of it ever existing AND you will not be able to find it in your account info.  

Good advice, Bruford, though I recommend doing what I do for any promotion (not just Simplii Financial)—"print" the terms and conditions to the "Save as PDF" built-in tool to Google Chrome and Chromium-based web browsers, including Vivaldi and Brave. If you don't use those, Edge and likely Firefox as well have similar built-in functionality. Alternative to that would be the free version of NitroPDF or PrimoPDF that let you do the same thing. The added benefit of this is it's harder to alter the text and you can include the URL of the page in the footer, as "proof" you printed/saved it from the bank's website. sf-cool

Cheers,
Doug

July 2, 2020
1:24 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

Afterwards, suggest you phone Simplii to confirm you are enrolled in the promo offer and request an email confirming rate, terms & conditions.

July 2, 2020
6:19 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

why would anyone do this and wait till the end of promo to get paid while EQ's rate is 2% and pays out monthly?

July 2, 2020
6:43 pm
AR
Members
Forum Posts: 64

I would like to thank everyone here for the great help, especially Peter.

When Doug talks, AR listens.

"The Offer is available by invitation only to select Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account (“Eligible Accounts”) account holders during the Offer Period."

"Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a Simplii Financial Account as at June 30, 2020 and are transferred to an Eligible Account."

In my case, those June 30 funds are still on the way out of my account to external institution. I have other funds since then so I think it will be accepted. As to the other terms.. which brings me to .. I was afraid to lose the sign up button so I did not "click here". The sign up button just went straight to my account. Anyone with a "click here" link s'il vous plait?

July 3, 2020
6:39 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Save2Retire@55 said
why would anyone do this and wait till the end of promo to get paid while EQ's rate is 2% and pays out monthly?  

Unlike a savings account which can change tomorrow (look what People's did yesterday) and we hope EQ doesn't, they are essentially providing a "GIC" until the end of October, with a guaranteed rate (except for the 0.3% part - how much lower can that go). Unlike a GIC however, you have access to all funds during this time.

I logged in and found I've been blessed with a 0.3% rate. sf-cry I've never seen an offer since pulling everything out after the initial promotion. Mind you, their web site is convoluted and I wouldn't know where to look.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

July 3, 2020
7:14 am
Bruford
Banned

Save2Retire@55 said

My offer is for 2.8% till Aug 31

July 3, 2020
7:17 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

Save2Retire@55, some people already have $100K at EQ, need some other places too.

July 3, 2020
8:58 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

Bruford said

My offer is for 2.8% till Aug 31  

We got this as well but it didn't say clearly is it only on new money or a starting date for the baseline balance ... 2.8% & the end date is strikingly similar to the previous April extension. As usual, there is no trace of the offer anymore once we click to accept.

July 3, 2020
9:04 am
Bruford
Banned

hwyc said

We got this as well but it didn't say clearly is it only on new money or a starting date for the baseline balance ... 2.8% & the end date is strikingly similar to the previous April extension. As usual, there is no trace of the offer anymore once we click to accept.  

That is why you need to copy the offer before you accept it.

July 3, 2020
9:07 am
Bruford
Banned

Here is the offer I received.

It's not too late to earn a great rate with your Simplii Financial™ High Interest Savings Account.
Offer ends August 31, 2020. Limits apply✝
Keep going—you're closer than you think. Don't let such a great rate pass you by.
You're already signed up and ready to go. Just make an eligible deposit now to earn 2.8% interest and watch your money grow safe and sound.
It really is that simple!
This offer ends August 31, 2020 so make your eligible deposit now to earn your special rate.
Thank you for banking with us.
†Limits apply. Check Legal for terms and conditions.
Make a deposit
Make a deposit
No thanks
No thanks
Remind me later
Remind me later
Hide Legal
† How it works:
Offer Period: May 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020. To participate in the Simplii FinancialTM promotional interest offer (the “Offer”), an eligible account holder must enroll during the Offer Period by accepting the online offer through online banking or by calling 1-866-747-8128.
The Offer is available by invitation only to select Simplii Financial High Interest Savings Account and/or Savings Account (“Eligible Accounts”) account holders during the Offer Period. The special annual interest rate of 2.80% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus the promotional annual interest rate (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the Additional Balance (as defined below). Eligible Accounts will continue to earn Regular Interest on balances calculated daily and paid monthly. The Promotional Interest is calculated at the end of the Offer Period on the portion of an Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at October 31, 2019 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of a primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts . Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a Simplii Financial Account as at October 31, 2019 and are transferred to an Eligible Account. If a savings account is overdrawn as at October 31, 2019, the closing balance will be deemed to $0.00. Promotional Interest will be paid in September 2020 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Interest rates may change at any time without notice. Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers, and may be changed or cancelled at any time without notice . Other conditions and restrictions apply. Click here for the full terms and conditions of this offer.

July 3, 2020
9:09 am
hwyc
GTA
Members

Well then, Bruford, can you tell me if you offer is based on a baseline balance on a date ?

NVM ... I post my question before your 2nd detailed post.

July 3, 2020
9:10 am
Bruford
Banned

Oct 31 2019

July 3, 2020
9:12 am
Save2Retire@55
Members

Bill said
Save2Retire@55, some people already have $100K at EQ, need some other places too.  

True.

July 3, 2020
9:14 am
hwyc
GTA
Members

... it would appear Simplii is also re-offering ( & not just a reminder of) the April extension in the month of July. We are quite sure we didn't see it during the month of May and June when we sign on.

July 3, 2020
9:16 am
Save2Retire@55
Members

I just checked and there is no invite for me!

July 3, 2020
10:06 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

No such offer for me yet.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.