2½% on new deposits until August 31, 2017 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2½% on new deposits until August 31, 2017
May 6, 2017
9:49 am
skibum
Members
Forum Posts: 28
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I hit the big red enrol button on my email offer and received an email back from Pres. Choice confirming I would earn the 2.5% on "new"money in my existing (10 year old) Interest Plus savings account. I made the deposit and noted on my calendar to move it out before Aug. 31. I lost out on a similar offer last year because my cheque took longer to clear than normal and the "old" money was still sitting in the account when their new promotion started. Apparently large cheques require "Special Clearing" procedures and that process takes longer than normal cheques.

May 6, 2017
7:21 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

All I could ever get out of TD on the subject of how long it takes cheques to clear was "it depends" - and that was when I had most of my oney with them.
I try to give 10 calendar days of leeway so that I don't have to worry about stat holidays etc.

May 8, 2017
6:01 am
JW
Members
Forum Posts: 50

My 2% Offer invitation came via 'external email' on May 3 and has a Apply Now button at the bottom ... this takes you to enroll in a New account. However today when I Logged-in to my account I got for the first time an Invitation for 2% with a Enroll Now Button at the bottom. I am now enrolled.

May 8, 2017
9:14 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

My 2.5% offer came to my email today, only applies to TFSA and RRSP accounts.

May 8, 2017
12:46 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

Today, when I logged-in to my account, I received the following message:

Now is a great time to have a President’s Choice Financial® Interest Plus Savings Account (IPSA). Enrol to take advantage of 2.5% interest on all new deposits until August 31, 2017.

Make new deposits into your account, stash a little cash and watch it grow.

To enrol simply click the Enrol now button, call us today at 1 866 747 8129 or visit a pavilion.

Thank you for enrolling.
You are now ready to earn with a great IPSA rate on new deposits until August 31, 2017.

And, just one single button at the bottom "Got it, thanks!" sf-laugh

May 8, 2017
4:17 pm
Jules1
Members
Forum Posts: 3

When I logged into my PC Financial account today, I saw a promo offer of 2.4% (regular interest and promo combined) for any new deposits up to Aug 31st, when the promo rate disappears.

What's nice - and unusual - is that the rate is available to existing customers too, not just new accounts.

May 8, 2017
4:28 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

Hello. How do you receive the offer? Did you receive an email or you get the offer when you log in to your account? I have been with PC for years now but never got a special offer. Maybe because I always move the money out!

Happy for 2.3% EQ for now.

Thanks

May 8, 2017
8:50 pm
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

Yas said
Hello. How do you receive the offer? Did you receive an email or you get the offer when you log in to your account? I have been with PC for years now but never got a special offer. Maybe because I always move the money out!

Thanks  

Hello. I received the offer today, when I logged-in to my account.
I did not received an email offer from PC, only when I logged-in, I saw this offer there.
I also with PC for many years.
I do not keep a lot of money with PC, usually from a few dollars to $200 in no-fee account and $0 in savings account.
I also have TFSA opened with PC with $0 balance, but TFSA was not included in this current offer.

May 10, 2017
7:55 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

bpwest said

Kiosk folks not otherwise occupied yesterday, so I chatted with one while the other checked my profile; it was confirmed no 'PC soup for me'. They seemed to take an interest, and told me that if I had not received an email yet, I wouldn't. ( I do take your point, Bill, generally the kiosk folk are there to sign up new clients, and tell you 'head office do what head office do!)

I explained, nicely, that I would be happy to return some money to PCFin should they offer me a more competitive rate, and that people generally don't like these targeted promos, especially when they 'miss out'!! sf-winksf-wink  

Spoke to kiosk folks on May 3, as noted, 'no soup'; returned from weekend away & rec'd 2% offer (new deposits) when I logged on to PCFin banking May 8, so I did get an offer after all! My spouse rec'd likewise...Yay, I guess. Ball is in your court, Tangerine, let's see what you can do July 5??

May 15, 2017
11:51 am
Spanky
Members
Forum Posts: 5

Got a 2% offer just on TFSA and RRSP new deposits. I only have the savings and chequing with them, so it's no good to me. I moved $$$ out to Cd. Tire Bank.

It occurs to me that the type of customer PCF and Tang. are hoping to attract with the targeted offers are the ones who forget when the rate reverts to 0.8, just park the funds and they likely never get another upgrade offer. They're on to ones like the people who post on this site; we're too savvy and unprofitable for them.

May 15, 2017
12:56 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

but they nonetheless want our long term money; AND what they don't want is our bad publicity on this site. They need us to inspire hope in others, of a better rate.
Even bad publicity can be helpful if it inspires others to enter the game.

May 16, 2017
1:41 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

I got offered 2% and there was a 2.5% offer on TFSA on new deposits until Aug 31, 2017. My Tangerine offer is doing better, so PCF will hang onto the loose end of $1x.xx

July 29, 2017
8:24 am
pablito
Members
Forum Posts: 9

I got the invitation for the 2.5% rate back in May, signed up and deposited a large-ish amount. The cash has been there for a partial month in May and the full month of June. However, the interest deposited doesn't add up. I thought it should be:

Balance at the end of May x 0.025 / 12

Am I making a silly mistake? The interest deposited corresponds to about a third of the above calculation. Has anyone else run into this?

July 29, 2017
9:18 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

The interest deposited so far is just the regular interest. That's currently 0.8% per annum.

Tangerine Bank usually pays their extra promotional interest monthly. In contrast, PC Financial usually accrues the extra promotional interest and pays it after the end of the offer period. Consequently, there will be a big interest payment in September for the difference between 2½% and the regular interest received so far. sf-smile

This is from the 2½% offer terms and conditions (May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017):

2. The special annual interest rate of 2.5% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by President’s Choice Financial payable on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below.

4. Promotional Interest will be paid in September 2017 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Promotional Interest will not be paid unless at least one of the primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts is active and in good standing as at August 31, 2017. If a primary account holder holds more than one Eligible Account, Promotional Interest will be paid to an Eligible Account in the following priority sequence: …

July 29, 2017
5:13 pm
pablito
Members
Forum Posts: 9

That would be it. Thanks Norman!

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.