2½% on new deposits until August 31, 2017 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2½% on new deposits until August 31, 2017
May 3, 2017
8:25 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just received a targeted "by invitation only" sf-smile offer from PC Financial.

2½% on new (after April 30, 2017) deposits to Interest Plus or Interest First savings accounts, until August 31, 2017.

Terms and conditions at 2.5% Non-Registered Rate Offer Terms and Conditions (May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017)

May 3, 2017
8:34 am
JW
Members
Forum Posts: 50

My wife just got 2% Offer ... I got nothing. Came via email ... no invitation when I sign-in to account. Will hold it in my back pocket if Tangerine does not better when June 30 Promo expires.

May 3, 2017
8:38 am
Norman1
Members

Different rates: 2%, 2½%.

A bit of Tangerine Bank influence at PC Financial?!?

May 3, 2017
8:58 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

I got offered only 2%. Thus no better than normal rate at EQ.

May 3, 2017
9:26 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

I did not received any offers, but just for fun decided to call PC anyways:

"To participate in the Offer, an Eligible Account holder must enroll for or accept the Offer during the Offer Period by calling 1-866-674-5610"

After I entered my PC card number and phone password, I was simply disconnected - no soup for me sf-surprised

2% offer:

http://www.banking.pcfinancial.....ay-en.html

2.5% offer:

http://www.banking.pcfinancial.....ay-en.html

May 3, 2017
9:34 am
Top It Up
Members (temp break)
Forum Posts: 1363

Part of the T&C of the offer - from the link provided above -

3. The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts.

May 3, 2017
12:06 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

My wife got the email too, she didn't get the last offer so has no money at PC right now. I got the last offer, moved my money out after it ended and I've received no offer this time. Now we have to get them to reverse our names on the joint account to make wife primary so that her current offer will apply to it too.

May 3, 2017
12:58 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

Strictly a retention offer. Nothing for newbies as far as I can see.

May 3, 2017
1:16 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

Agreed - there's clearly Tangerine influence here but this isn't even as widespread of a targeted offer - it's likely a finely-targeted "retention" offer and is at the lower of Tangerine's targeted promos. 🙂

Nothing exciting here folks; likely part of CIBC's belt-tightening. 😉

Cheers,
Doug

May 3, 2017
2:11 pm
Bill
Members

This is for new money, not to retain money that's already there. Pretty sure my wife will move $100k there for 2.5% for 4 months, it's worth a few seconds screen time.

May 3, 2017
2:39 pm
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

Doug said
Agreed - there's clearly Tangerine influence here but this isn't even as widespread of a targeted offer - it's likely a finely-targeted "retention" offer and is at the lower of Tangerine's targeted promos. 🙂

Nothing exciting here folks; likely part of CIBC's belt-tightening. 😉

Cheers,
Doug  

Well, I'm sure all the good members here will dutifully report should they receive this latest offer from PCFinancial...as will I, but no offer to report yet. I will give it a few more days, and perhaps call or 'chat them up' at my Superstore kiosk. Time will tell how widespread this offer turns out to be.
I would be happy to return some business to PCFin., when my 2.97% Tang expires, if I receive 'no soup for you' in early July from Tang. ...

May 4, 2017
7:27 am
Bill
Members

Doug, you may be right that this is a "finely targeted" offer, though the PC rep I spoke to on the phone told me about 600,000 offers are going out.

bpwest, my (albeit limited) experience with the folks at the Superstore PC kiosk is they have no clue of or interest in what offers are being made by head office.

May 4, 2017
7:45 am
Top It Up
Members (temp break)

My experience at PC kiosks is similar to Bills .... they just wanted to sign you up for something, anything ... it was a onetime experience, I moved on pretty quickly, and have no further interest in them.

May 4, 2017
8:02 am
bpwest
Members
Forum Posts: 83

Bill said
Doug, you may be right that this is a "finely targeted" offer, though the PC rep I spoke to on the phone told me about 600,000 offers are going out.

bpwest, my (albeit limited) experience with the folks at the Superstore PC kiosk is they have no clue of or interest in what offers are being made by head office.  

Kiosk folks not otherwise occupied yesterday, so I chatted with one while the other checked my profile; it was confirmed no 'PC soup for me'. They seemed to take an interest, and told me that if I had not received an email yet, I wouldn't. ( I do take your point, Bill, generally the kiosk folk are there to sign up new clients, and tell you 'head office do what head office do!)

I explained, nicely, that I would be happy to return some money to PCFin should they offer me a more competitive rate, and that people generally don't like these targeted promos, especially when they 'miss out'!! sf-winksf-wink

May 4, 2017
4:37 pm
MG
Members
Forum Posts: 263

I received an email offer of 2% conditional upon opening a savings account with PCF. I currently have only a no fee chequing account which I set up exclusively for my paypal account - meaning there is not a lot of activity or funds in the account. Does not appear to be a retention strategy to me.

May 5, 2017
11:49 am
JW
Members

How do you enroll online? I can't find any way to do it. I tried Chat and they can't help. I refuse to phone and waste time waiting for someone to speak to.

May 5, 2017
11:57 am
Top It Up
Members (temp break)
May 5, 2017
9:06 pm
Norman1
Members

JW said
How do you enroll online? I can't find any way to do it. I tried Chat and they can't help. I refuse to phone and waste time waiting for someone to speak to.  

One can click on the big red Enrol Now button in the e-mail.

May 6, 2017
7:07 am
JW
Members

Understand the problem now. PCF wants me to Open a New and Additional Interest Plus account to get the exclusive targeted 2% offer. PCF does not want or allow me to Top-Up my existing Interest Plus account like I used to do. I don't want a 2nd account. It is a No Go! End of June if Tangerine can't better 2.3% at EQ my significant deposit moves and will not be to PCF.

May 6, 2017
8:04 am
Norman1
Members

Are you sure, JW? The offer I received is for new money and does not require me to open another Interest Plus account.

Perhaps your current Interest Plus account is dormant and you need a new, active one?

Another possibility is that you are looking at a different offer than the 2% and 2½% ones mentioned so far. PC Financial also has a similar 2½% offer for registered accounts that too runs from May 1 to August 31.

These are the terms and conditions of the three offers:

1. 2½% Non-Registered Rate Offer (May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017)
  2. 2% Non-Registered Rate Offer (May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017)
  3. 2½% Registered Rate Offer (May 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017)

Maybe you received a different offer #4! sf-laugh

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.