Personal Advantage Account – Fall 2022 Interest Offer 3.75% (was 3.50%) | Page 2 | Manulife Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Personal Advantage Account – Fall 2022 Interest Offer 3.75% (was 3.50%)
September 4, 2022
9:32 pm
Lamaison
Members
Forum Posts: 9
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

hwyc said
"…pretty useless", someone says? That's harsh. I think most people just narrowly focus on a specific offer or individual account. IMO, the chart shows the current spectrum of rate offerings, which I use to guage my own accounts. It's perfectly ok to have one or two off the chart. Members like us are welcome to post to the forums. That said. 1.75% is middle of the pack…at best

My two cents.  

If you re-read what I said above, it was not that this site is useless - it was the suggestion that low rates from 2 years ago were the reason for non-inclusion (which I would hope is not the case). I personally have no interest in dealing with Manulife other than perhaps their current 180 day promotion. However if there is an institution out there that has a current non-promotional savings rate of 3.5% I would like to be able to assume that it would be included here - far more than seeing Ideal listed at about 1% while others much higher are not even shown. sf-confused

September 5, 2022
4:31 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 1529

Norman1 said
"Offer Period" is August 24, 2022 and October 31, 2022. But, the "Promotional Period" is 150 days:

… The Promotional Interest will be calculated daily and paid monthly beginning on the date the account is opened and continuing 150 days (“Promotional Period”) on Eligible Deposits made during the Promotional Period. …

I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Now I will think about if it’s worthwhile to ask them to open yet another account for me.

September 22, 2022
4:55 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 746

Now 3.75% (2.00% regular + 1.75% promo)

In other words, the "promotional rate" does not change when the "regular rate" change. Both rates calculated daily and paid monthly.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.