Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days | Page 2 | Manulife Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days
October 30, 2019
9:10 am
AdrenalineTrade
Members
Forum Posts: 41
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Had 300K in Manulife for the past six months, just parked it there and let it do it's thing. Initiated pushes on day of offer expiry to move money to Tangerine for 2.75% and I got a call from a Manulife rep right away, offering me a 2.25 1 year GIC to please stay with Manulife. I told them I would gladly stay if they could match or beat Tangerine, he said they couldn't....so it's back to Tang I go. Looking forward to seeing what Manulife offers next.

October 30, 2019
8:13 pm
harbottle
Members
Forum Posts: 25
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

AdrenalineTrade said
Had 300K in Manulife for the past six months, just parked it there and let it do it's thing. Initiated pushes on day of offer expiry to move money to Tangerine for 2.75% and I got a call from a Manulife rep right away, offering me a 2.25 1 year GIC to please stay with Manulife. I told them I would gladly stay if they could match or beat Tangerine, he said they couldn't....so it's back to Tang I go. Looking forward to seeing what Manulife offers next.  

It astounds me these FIs haven't figured out there will be run of funds out of the accounts if there are no competitive interest rate offers. They must need to make up on the sudden shortfall of deposits somewhere if the deposits have been loaned out and the terms are mismatched.sf-surprised

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.