Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days | Manulife Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days
July 28, 2019
7:29 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1033
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Looks like there's a new promo for Manulife group benefits users who open an Advantage Account between July 26, 2019 and September 10, 2019.

https://www.manulifebank.ca/campaign/groupoffers/gb-flexible-financial-solutions.html

Technically it's a fixed 1.60% promotional rate added on top of the non-fixed base rate of 1.25% to make up 2.85%.

Here's an excerpt from the terms:

2.85% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.25% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.60%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 150 days (5 months) after account opening to a maximum of $100,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers.

Other relevant discussion threads:

July 28, 2019
12:43 pm
Canadianbull
Members
Forum Posts: 146

Here you go. Who is next EQ sf-confused

September 6, 2019
11:02 am
Good
Members
Forum Posts: 40

Do not deal with them. If you make a mobile deposit they will send you a letter asking where the funds come from.

I'm getting 3.00% interest with them until November 21,19.

They can keep their interest rate. I will close the account.

It looks like they want to get rid of the people who they are paying 3.00% rate to.

September 7, 2019
5:03 pm
butterflycharm
Members
Forum Posts: 16

Manulife is playing monkey like Meridian did and they lowered their rates to:

Interest rate 1.250%
Promotional rate 1.850%
------
Total: 3.10

*I had the employee promo. For other's it's down to 3.0%

Is that the best rate out there still?

I think they will lower it two more times and probably will settle at 2.5% or something. Who is else is next in line up?

September 11, 2019
5:26 am
Good
Members

Would not go near them again.

September 11, 2019
5:29 am
Good
Members

Excellent site also helping out with advice who has promos.

Forgot to add even though I do not like them from previously not getting what they promised.Bank Of Montreal if you get their smart saver promo of 2.85% that is smarter and saver .

September 11, 2019
5:24 pm
Good
Members

I had Manulife at 3.25%. Now I'm at 3.00%.In the process of closing the account.Even though the top up rate of 1.75% is good tell end of November.Like I previously wrote do not care what they offer would never touch them again.

Please write your comments in the forum.