Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days | Manulife Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Group benefits users: 2.85% in Advantage Account for 150 days
July 28, 2019
7:29 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1405
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Looks like there's a new promo for Manulife group benefits users who open an Advantage Account between July 26, 2019 and September 10, 2019.

https://www.manulifebank.ca/campaign/groupoffers/gb-flexible-financial-solutions.html

Technically it's a fixed 1.60% promotional rate added on top of the non-fixed base rate of 1.25% to make up 2.85%.

Here's an excerpt from the terms:

2.85% promotional rate is for a new personal, non-registered, Canadian-dollar Advantage Account. The promotional interest rate is made up of the regular posted annual variable interest rate of 1.25% and the variable annual promotional rate of 1.60%. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on net new deposits for the first 150 days (5 months) after account opening to a maximum of $100,000. Any change to the regular interest rate will result in a corresponding change to the promotional interest rate. The offer is limited to one account per client and cannot be combined with other offers.

Other relevant discussion threads:

July 28, 2019
12:43 pm
Canadianbull
Members
Forum Posts: 389

Here you go. Who is next EQ sf-confused

September 6, 2019
11:02 am
Good
Banned
Forum Posts: 98

Do not deal with them. If you make a mobile deposit they will send you a letter asking where the funds come from.

I'm getting 3.00% interest with them until November 21,19.

They can keep their interest rate. I will close the account.

It looks like they want to get rid of the people who they are paying 3.00% rate to.

September 7, 2019
5:03 pm
butterflycharm
Members
Forum Posts: 177

Manulife is playing monkey like Meridian did and they lowered their rates to:

Interest rate 1.250%
Promotional rate 1.850%
------
Total: 3.10

*I had the employee promo. For other's it's down to 3.0%

Is that the best rate out there still?

I think they will lower it two more times and probably will settle at 2.5% or something. Who is else is next in line up?

September 11, 2019
5:26 am
Good
Banned

Would not go near them again.

September 11, 2019
5:29 am
Good
Banned

Excellent site also helping out with advice who has promos.

Forgot to add even though I do not like them from previously not getting what they promised.Bank Of Montreal if you get their smart saver promo of 2.85% that is smarter and saver .

September 11, 2019
5:24 pm
Good
Banned

I had Manulife at 3.25%. Now I'm at 3.00%.In the process of closing the account.Even though the top up rate of 1.75% is good tell end of November.Like I previously wrote do not care what they offer would never touch them again.

October 1, 2019
6:38 am
Good
Banned

Closed Manulife Account today. Never will go near them again.

They can keep their 3.00% rate tell November 21,19.

I'm sure off here many would be jumping at the offer.

Getting 2.75% from Tangerine tell December 31,19. Way better to deal with.

Excellent site on here for feedback and other peoples experiences.

October 1, 2019
8:06 pm
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

Big fan of Manulife......I was able to open the account while traveling in Europe....3.35 (now 3.1%) for 6 months...fantastic rate. Also a huge fan of Tangerine....just got 2.75% for 6 months (on USD also)....winning!
I will move my Manulife (except 10$) cash to Tang when my deal expires....move it back when the next deal comes along. Play the game, easy peasy.....takes less time to move the money than reading one of Loonie's post.sf-cool

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

October 13, 2019
8:36 am
butterflycharm
Members
Forum Posts: 177

Joe said
Big fan of Manulife......I was able to open the account while traveling in Europe....3.35 (now 3.1%) for 6 months...fantastic rate. Also a huge fan of Tangerine....just got 2.75% for 6 months (on USD also)....winning!
I will move my Manulife (except 10$) cash to Tang when my deal expires....move it back when the next deal comes along. Play the game, easy peasy.....takes less time to move the money than reading one of Loonie's post.sf-cool  

How did you get Tangerine USD for 2.75%? Link please. I can't see it. Best I am getting is 1.80% from RBC on USD.

October 13, 2019
7:22 pm
Joe
Banned
Forum Posts: 207

butterflycharm said

How did you get Tangerine USD for 2.75%? Link please. I can't see it. Best I am getting is 1.80% from RBC on USD.  

It was a special offer emailed to me and many others.

Tangerine....Canada's best bank. LBC.............Canada's 2nd best bank.
Hubert.....worst bank in Canada.

October 25, 2019
12:37 pm
-bsv-
Members
Forum Posts: 37

This one is still valid and it's not expired.

I have just opened ONE MORE new account as my previous promotion will be over in 4 days, the one that was 1.2%(base)+1.85%(promo).

Instead, I should have 1.2%(base)+1.6%(promo).

So basically I will move $ from the old account to the new one and will be getting higher interests for another 5 months.

Capture.PNG

October 27, 2019
11:32 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

bsv no call in request new money u just transfer from exisiting manu acct?

October 28, 2019
4:59 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Wasn't lucky to receive that offer, and opening a new account after logging into my existing account states only 1.2%. Unless someone has a different link which triggers the promotion rate.

There are no retention rates provided, apparently. I've been on the phone with them twice in the past 2 weeks (first time my contact to request them, 2nd time they contacted me unrelated, trying to sell their 2.25% 6 month GIC).

Guess I have to withdraw all. sf-confused

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

October 28, 2019
7:56 am
Bud
Banned

The original Manu promo 3.25 some got 3.35 last 6mths from the day of deposit. The regular interest portion has dropped since then but the overall rate includin promo int is still competitive

October 28, 2019
8:50 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Bud said
The original Manu promo 3.25 some got 3.35 last 6mths from the day of deposit. The regular interest portion has dropped since then but the overall rate includin promo int is still competitive  

Never was a question about it being competitive today. Promo ends in a week for me, and sometime early/mid November for most others, with no way apparently to get in on the offer a few have.

BTW, have other noticed being subscribed to a thread in here no longer means getting e-mail advices of new posts?

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

October 28, 2019
6:43 pm
-bsv-
Members

Bud said
bsv no call in request new money u just transfer from exisiting manu acct?  

No, I just clicked on the linke in the 1st post and opened a new account from there. That account has conditions I posted above.

dougjp said
Promo ends in a week for me, and sometime early/mid November for most others, with no way apparently to get in on the offer a few have.  

Mine will end tomorrow. Therefore, I decided to try opening a new one and got what I posted above.

October 28, 2019
6:51 pm
Bud
Banned

interesting bsv i dont see conditions? u just opened another account. im wondering if its best to fund with new money before or after transferring old out. has anyone been cancelled by them.. asks if one has an account already i guess to get deal say no even if yes. the link is group offer. any traps?

October 28, 2019
10:10 pm
-bsv-
Members

Bud said
interesting bsv i dont see conditions? u just opened another account. im wondering if its best to fund with new money before or after transferring old out. has anyone been cancelled by them.. asks if one has an account already i guess to get deal say no even if yes. the link is group offer. any traps?  

I did not see any conditions, therefore I decided to open a new account. I did not move any money there yet, though.

October 30, 2019
6:58 am
Bud
Banned

Wonder if it would allow for multiple account openings to avoid the 100k cap.
Anyone try more than one?

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.