TD Direct Investing 2023-2024 Winter Offer | Page 2 | Investing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
TD Direct Investing 2023-2024 Winter Offer
December 3, 2023
9:15 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Small minimum balance may mean this is meant to attract people making a new or first TFSA contribution in the new year. They will then be prompted to invest more and longer later.

March 27, 2024
12:45 pm
RM485
Members
Forum Posts: 8

kesa said

I took this, and the new one, and the similar BMOIL bribes, minimum amounts give best returns, opened min accounts for kids as well, free money! 10%+ returns!  

Missed last yr's promo, but just bit at this one - set up a new cash account to be funded by end of wk, as well as put things in motion for the extra $50 PAD bonus.
I had some accounts at TD anyway and the new one will also help align holdings more similarly to how I keep my records.

So far I've not gotten consistent info on what happens for declines in market value or withdrawals of any of the money 07/02/24 - 08/31/24, but worse case I'll leave it in something like TDB2913 until Sept.

Could've waited a bit, but terms & conds say the offer can be withdrawn at any time and the opportunity cost to start funding it now vs. April was insignificant.

April 12, 2024
10:54 am
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 193

RM485 said
So far I've not gotten consistent info on what happens for declines in market value or withdrawals of any of the money 07/02/24 - 08/31/24, but worse case I'll leave it in something like TDB2913 until Sept.

I believe it is based on your "Contribution". If the stock you buy declines, it does not matter regarding the bonus - you still get it. After your contribution, do whatever you want in the account, but do not withdraw any funds, with the exception of paid out stock dividends, and you should be fine for the bonus.

April 12, 2024
11:05 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2875

Lodown said

I believe it is based on your "Contribution". If the stock you buy declines, it does not matter regarding the bonus - you still get it. After your contribution, do whatever you want in the account, but do not withdraw any funds, with the exception of paid out stock dividends, and you should be fine for the bonus.  

Thats exactly it. And to be on the safe side, dont withdraw any interest or dividend etc made. They can count it as withdrawal against ur original deposit. Not worth the hassle to argue if that drops u from receiving the bonus. They made it clear M2M fluctuation is not part of the equation, but a grey area about withdrawal of income made during the mandatory holding period.

April 22, 2024
1:13 pm
RM485
Members
Forum Posts: 8

Lodown said

savemoresaveoften said

Thats exactly it. And to be on the safe side, dont withdraw any interest or dividend etc made. They can count it as withdrawal against ur original deposit. Not worth the hassle to argue if that drops u from receiving the bonus. They made it clear M2M fluctuation is not part of the equation, but a grey area about withdrawal of income made during the mandatory holding period.  

Thank you for your replies!

April 23, 2024
6:10 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6768

savemoresaveoften said

… They made it clear M2M fluctuation is not part of the equation, but a grey area about withdrawal of income made during the mandatory holding period.

TD Direct Investing will subtract any withdrawals unless more assets are transferred in after April 30:

3. Maintain the Qualifying Assets in the New Account(s) until June 30, 2024:

a. If a client withdraws, deregisters, or transfers assets from their New Account(s) at any time before June 30, 2024 following the transfer(s) of the Qualifying Assets (the "Qualification Period"), such amounts will be subtracted from the value of their Qualifying Assets. If such withdrawals, de-registrations, or transfers during the Qualification Period reduce the amount of the client's Qualifying Assets below $5,000, no Initial Transfer Award will be granted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if assets are transferred into the account after April 30, 2024 and do not form part of the Qualifying Assets, the value of those assets may be withdrawn without affecting the valuation of the Qualifying Assets.

April 24, 2024
7:19 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

hwyc said
I did the Easy Trade offer in 2023. Here's looking at TDDI offer for 2024

TD Direct Investing 2023-2024 Winter Offer: promo code INVESTNOW or INVESTIRMAINT
https://www.td.com/ca/en/investing/direct-investing/direct-investing-offer

The $300 cash award draws my attention! In essence, open a new account, maintain $5,000 from Apr 30 to Jun 30, 2024 ... new or existing TDDI client.

IMO, a risk-free 6% ROI in 2 months sf-smile  

I finally reached the $5,000 mark this week ... now do nothing & reap the reward in August sf-smile

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.