Good news keep coming: Bitcoin plunges below $24,000 | Page 8 | Investing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Good news keep coming: Bitcoin plunges below $24,000
April 16, 2024
10:43 pm
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 831
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
141sp_Permalink sp_Print

finance trance said

I've been here a while and can only suspect you know I'm not trolling, but of course posing that question is an effective way to ridicule and put me down. I asked the question under a thread on crypto/bitcoin, disclosing full well I knew that it is speculation. If you feel it's the wrong place, I apologize. You may ignore it. Your initial answer before was indeed helpful for me.

I try to be tactful in my wording, knowing full well many people get upset by the mere mention of bitcoin or investing that they deem to be stupid or silly. I personally think this mindset is immature, and feeling superior to people on WallStreetBets or TikTok is a waste of time.

Like most here it seems, I access crypto to be worthless, and was curious to explore options against it. It's right I don't know enough to make such an investment, it's why I have been researching and was asking for some clarity here, where I've found it before. If it's not nice, no need to say it! Financial learning and discussion should be welcoming to all.  

You keep calling it “investment”. It is not. Not even close.

You want to make a wild bet. Whatever ones view on bitcoin, you want to bet on the exact timing of it falling. If it does not fall before your (very expensive) put option expires, then you lost your bet. I am certainly not advising anyone on the mechanics of how to lose money fast any more than I would advertise a pyramid scheme.

This topic should have provided a clue just how hard it is to predict bitcoin’s future movements. Today its worth $89K in CAD. This really isn’t a topic about shorting anything. If you really meant to do what you say then you should be grateful to all the people who saved you money by not answering your question.

April 17, 2024
5:00 am
finance trance
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 31
142sp_Permalink sp_Print

Looks like I touched the very nerve I mentioned.

I used the word investment once in the last comment as a general placeholder word like a layman. My mistake. If improper use of the term leads to upsetting you this much, I can’t help you.

I’ve made it clear I’m well aware it’s a bet/speculation, as I said, I wouldn’t be trying to time the fall if at all possible; just was curious about any channels to bet against it long term. If none exist that’s fine. Again, nothing nice to say, don’t say it. Have a good day.

April 17, 2024
5:49 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 831
143sp_Permalink sp_Print

None exists.

April 17, 2024
5:54 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2880
144sp_Permalink sp_Print

finance trance said

No where in that page does it show a specific premium number for a specific duration put option, plus any other specific metrics which I don't understand. What may be self-evident to one person, is not to others.

not sure what u meant, google search returns web links that one is supposed to click to see....

Screenshot-2024-04-17-084437.png

And if u do click on the links google returns, which is what most people do, you will see this screen shot. Again not sure if u did and saw that, what else are u confused about.

April 17, 2024
7:06 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6771
145sp_Permalink sp_Print

There's also the Bitcoin future options at CME. The chain of options expiring December 2025 is here.

Not sure why one would think it is a one time premium with options. Options have an expiry date. So, one has to keep buying new options to replace expiring ones.

Furthest out for the Bitcoin future options at CME is 18 months. So, one would be paying a premium at least every 18 months to keep speculating against Bitcoin.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.