Income Tax 2019 | Page 2 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Income Tax 2019
July 10, 2020
12:59 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Be patient?
Look at it this way. If they had more phone lines, that would mean new hires. New hires wouldn't know much and would give you wrong answers more frequently. Better to wait. There probably isn't anything you can do to speed it up, so might as well relax and wait. They are going to have to trace that cheque first. Be glad you don't depend on the money to live.

(Well, I tried!)

July 10, 2020
1:01 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Alexandra, I called them yesterday re a T3 trust return issue, the message said 30 - 60 mins wait, took about 25 mins then got excellent service from 2 different agents.

While you're waiting why not go into My Account and set up direct deposit to your bank account on there, that way no need for mailed cheques in the future.

July 10, 2020
2:05 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Thanks Bill and Loonie..........They finally answered after 1hr, 45 min. Just like you said, very nice and helpful guy. They said I should have received the cheque by now and they will be sending me out some paper work that will have to signed and witnessed. They will have to do some tracing. He did check and right now there is nothing to say it was returned. So, eventually I will be getting my money.

Thanks again for your replies.

July 10, 2020
3:20 pm
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2786

I agree with Bill. Set up everything electronically. Direct deposit for receipt. Bill payment for payments, etc. Don't rely on paper for anything any more.

July 10, 2020
3:46 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890

Unless you moved recently and CRA has an old address it's probably just stuck in the mail, probably get it at some point. My wife knows someone who just recently hadn't received mail for over two weeks, went to the local post office and it was all bundled up waiting for her there. Apparently the regular carrier was off sick or something so the mail was just kept at the post office, they didn't or couldn't find another carrier to cover the route, no notification of any kind to customer. (Don't ask me any other details, I wasn't listening that closely.)

July 10, 2020
4:55 pm
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

Bill said
Unless you moved recently and CRA has an old address it's probably just stuck in the mail, probably get it at some point.  

I gave up off paper mail looooong time ago. Cannot use it as toilet paper - to stiff; creates a pile of flammable garbage, collects moisture and takes space; kind of become boring to scan every document, bill, etc. and then burn paper. No I never liked idea of shredding documents - it could be assembled if you have enough manpower (childpower).
Thus everything I could is set up to be pre-authorized or email notification. All my bills except water and property taxes are electronic. Why these 2 still require paper, I have no clue.

As for the regular mail, be patient... I am waiting for more than 80 days stuff from aliexpress and it is a big question will I ever get it.
Letters from Europe come in abut 30-40 days instead of 2 weeks.
As this is new normal and is here to stay for a long time, get used to it. Nobody knows how to write or use pen or pencil anymore, reading is on steep decline and verbal communication is at it's lowest level.

July 29, 2020
8:57 pm
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Just a heads up on my July 10th post. I still haven't received my over payment cheque.

They sent me the paperwork which I signed and mailed on the 19th of July.

I also went into "My Account" to ensure they direct deposit for any future refunds. I make all my quarterly payments on-line and have CPP & OAS directly deposited to my account but for some reason never got around to the having any refunds done that way.

I'll let you know when I finally get my refund!!

Have a great rest of the evening. Balmy for sure here in Victoria!! sf-cool

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.