Rogers World Elite Mastercard getting worse starting June 2, 2020 | Page 5 | Credit card reward programs | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rogers World Elite Mastercard getting worse starting June 2, 2020
June 29, 2020
9:37 pm
picassocat
Québec
Members
Forum Posts: 273
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Save2Retire@55 said
I now have -$52 in cash back! This was caused by flight cancellation and returns. So I have to spend couple thousand dollars to balance the cash back to 0.  

With 1.5% cashback, you will to spend $3466.67 before getting 52$

July 1, 2020
10:30 pm
crediphile
Members
Forum Posts: 19

GICinvestor said
Can any tell me about the Rogers World Elite Mastercard.

Do you see your cash back as a credit to your account?
Does it happen annually only?

Thanks.  

You can redeem them against purchases already made or toward your next purchases as long as they are a minimum of $20. You can redeem them either online or through their mobile app. Always try to redeem them toward purchases. Should you ever find yourself with no purchases to redeem against anymore and you want to cancel the card, they can only transfer the cash reward points to your credit card as a credit balance and then transfer them out to one of your bank account BUT they will only transfer the dollar amount so any cents amount after the decimal are all lost.

July 1, 2020
10:34 pm
crediphile
Members
Forum Posts: 19

GICinvestor said

I have $27 to play with. I looked on line and looked at the app but did not follow through with putting in my account number to it when I only need a username and password for online. Both are so different to sign on. And am not sure how much info is in the app that is on my phone. I looked for instructions but it’s all muddy waters for me.

So what is the easiest way to get my $27 to offset my next purchase?
Online?
App?
Do I have to pin it to something?  

I find online is the best. You have all the info. in front of you and you just click on the option you want.

August 11, 2020
9:16 am
GreatWhiteNorth
Members
Forum Posts: 40

Is there a better cashback card out there currently since they "downsized" this?

August 11, 2020
11:30 am
GICinvestor
Members
Forum Posts: 670

I have a 1% Cash Back on a no fee Amex card which is good but not all vendors accept.....but many more since I had Amex 5 years ago. It is now my secondary card. This card is in my wallet (and I will use it) and currently is used for $1 only top ups on my Public Mobile Account. It, right now, is a keeper.

My “basically” 1% no fee BMO Mastercard Cash Back is now at .5% (from 1%) with no notification of the change. Once a dedicated loyal BMO customer, but no longer for other reasons as well. This card is in the safety deposit box and is used for $1 only top ups on my Public Mobile Account. I have $69 banked on this card mainly from the 1% cash backs as of end of July and annual payment is usually in November but I found a way to withdraw it on line yesterday. I would dump this card any day but wife likes BMO.

My I don’t know what % no fee BNS Mastercard is any more and since I detest BNS and the fact that they took away the no forex fee as well I will dump this card when my cash back credits my account.

I recently received my Rogers Mastercard and after 2 months of use I have accumulated $100 in cash back (and month 1 had very light usage but as a bonus they gave me $25). You get 1.5% on everything and no specific this or that bullshit like the others. Once you get used to how to redeem whenever you like it is the best no fee Cash Back that I could find. They push the use of an App to redeem.

August 11, 2020
2:40 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9235

GreatWhiteNorth said
Is there a better cashback card out there currently since they "downsized" this?  

It depends on which of their cards they give you (your income), whether you would consider a fee-based card, whether you want the benefits of a fee-based card, and whether you are willing to carry multiple cards in order to get higher rates of return on certain categories of merchants.

August 11, 2020
4:03 pm
GICinvestor
Members
Forum Posts: 670

Yes Loonie. Apparently Rogers Elite Card has expectations of spending a certain amount per year otherwise they will down grade you to another card with 1% cash back.

Right now the Rogers Elite is very convenient to use as I know some have stated here that they have numerous credit cards to use to max out the cash back based on what category each card gives the best pay back....and that is inconvenient and too cumbersome to know or list what card to use for specific purchases.

August 12, 2020
2:23 pm
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

GreatWhiteNorth said

Like others have said, a lot depends on what you use your card for.

Many Rogers refugees went to the Brim Mastercard -- https://brimfinancial.com/

Scroll down the page a bit -- the World Elite version fee is currently being waived for Year One

August 13, 2020
10:55 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

GreatWhiteNorth, FYI I just sent you a PM

August 13, 2020
4:53 pm
Jon
Members
Forum Posts: 417

Please be aware that Brim use their own exchange rate instead of the MasterCard exchange rate.

July 8, 2021
10:46 pm
picassocat
Québec
Members
Forum Posts: 273

I try to keep it simple and I hate carrying a bunch of cards in my wallet.

I use Tangerine MC for the 2% (grocery, restaurants & recurring bills)

RBC Visa combined with Petro point card gets me -.03 cents off every liter + petro points.

Rogers World Elite MC for everything else (1,5% cashback)

Yeah I need to spend 15,000$ a year to keep the Rogers World Elite but I do get around to spend that amount. It should be waived this year because people are not spending as much; I usually spend a lot on travelling, not this year so far.

July 9, 2021
5:59 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1098

GreatWhiteNorth said

It really depends on where you spend most.

For example, my household spends $15,000 annually on groceries, for me TD Visa Infinite makes more sense with 3% cashback and roadside assistance justifying its annual fee.

Second largest category of my household spending is recurring bills (utilities, Internet, etc.) - TD Visa Infinite again.

When it comes to online shopping at Amazon, my new favorite credit card is Neo MC with 3% cashback.

Figure major categories of your spending, ignore the rest, and you may be able to find 2-3 credit cards getting you best cashback where it matters for you.

July 9, 2021
6:41 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108

I'm getting (I hope) 4% on groceries with my CIBC Dividend VISA.

Stopped using Rogers and President's Choice a while back.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.