MBNA's Smart Cash Card - BEST CASHBACK CREDIT CARD EVER!!! | Page 6 | Credit card reward programs | Discussion forum

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
MBNA's Smart Cash Card - BEST CASHBACK CREDIT CARD EVER!!!
August 20, 2009
12:15 pm
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

DDve said:

Can someone comment on the on-line banking experience for this MBNA card? I have a Citi Petro-points card I'm considering replacing with this and the Citi Cards Online site is pretty lame.


I find to be satisfactory. The one thing I find with MBNA that most all credit card company lack is they show you transactions instantaneously online (Just as if you were to make a debit purchase from a checking account, you'd see the transaction updated immediately online). MBNA shows all temp authorizations at the time they occur and also reflects this in the credit available you have at that very second.

You are also able to view your monthly statements online, Request Access Cheques, update your address info, request replacement cards, and add authorized users.

djino
"Best feature is the ability to see transactions that have occurred seconds before"

August 24, 2009
11:22 pm
Resident
Guest
Guests
102sp_Permalink sp_Print

Kent Akgungor said:

Just got my second statement from MBNA and did a comparison to their calculation of the MBNA dollars. They were low by $9 so I called in. The first person I talked to said that I only get 3% on groceries even during the promo period which I said was wrong but he wouldn't really help me after that. So I checked to make sure groceries are supposed to be 5% during the promo (which they are!) and called back. This time I got a woman to help and she put me on hold for several minutes while she did the calculation herself. She came up to the same total as me. So their automated system is not accurate and I highly encourage everyone to check their own statements to see if MBNA is scamming you. Has anyone else had this happen?


Kent


Anyone have this problem.......... I have upgraded my MBNA premium card to Smart Cash Back Card. But they are offering with 19.99% interest rate and NOT 13.99% AIR. When I called, they said the 13.99% is for new customers only!! Any other have similar experience. Thanks.

August 30, 2009
7:56 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

Resident said:

Kent Akgungor said:

Just got my second statement from MBNA and did a comparison to their calculation of the MBNA dollars. They were low by $9 so I called in. The first person I talked to said that I only get 3% on groceries even during the promo period which I said was wrong but he wouldn't really help me after that. So I checked to make sure groceries are supposed to be 5% during the promo (which they are!) and called back. This time I got a woman to help and she put me on hold for several minutes while she did the calculation herself. She came up to the same total as me. So their automated system is not accurate and I highly encourage everyone to check their own statements to see if MBNA is scamming you. Has anyone else had this happen?

Kent


Anyone have this problem.......... I have upgraded my MBNA premium card to Smart Cash Back Card. But they are offering with 19.99% interest rate and NOT 13.99% AIR. When I called, they said the 13.99% is for new customers only!! Any other have similar experience. Thanks.


13.99% should be for everyone. But then again, the Interest Rate for this card should not matter to anyone, as you should never keep a balance on these types of cards, pay the statement balance in full around the due date and you have 0% Interest. I could careless if this card had 99% AIR. If you plan to carry a balance, then this card is a FAIL for you. You should be applying for MBNA's 1.99% Balance for Life or 0% for 15 Months offer.

djino

August 30, 2009
8:01 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Has anyone received their $50 Cashback Cheque since their July Statement?

2 weeks after my May 27th statement, I received my first $50 Cheque.

On my July 27th Statement I had $63.63 MBNA Dollars. To this date I have yet to receive my 2nd $50 Cheque. My August 27th Statement shows that $50 was redeemed (nope, I didn't receive a cheque) and I now have a balance of $53 MBNA Dollars. I should also be expecting my 3rd Cheque also.

I've contacted MBNA a few days ago, they said they are looking into it and will send out another cheque if they had not been mailed out already. *sigh*

djino
"Anyone else out there received their $50 Cheque since a July statement?"

August 30, 2009
8:11 am
copperbeech
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
July 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

We got our first MBNA statement a couple early last week. It indicates that we have accumulated $57.97 MBNA dollars. I called to find out when I would receive the cheque and was told not till later in September...does that make sense?

Why the cheque anyways? Wouldnt it be more cost effective just to apply such rewards to the outstanding balance each month?

August 30, 2009
8:18 am
copperbeech
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
July 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
106sp_Permalink sp_Print

djino said:

On my July 27th Statement I had $63.63 MBNA Dollars. To this date I have yet to receive my 2nd $50 Cheque.


I am new to this but why are you expecting only $50 when you have $63.63 MBNA dollars?

August 30, 2009
8:47 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
107sp_Permalink sp_Print

copperbeech said:

djino said:

On my July 27th Statement I had $63.63 MBNA Dollars. To this date I have yet to receive my 2nd $50 Cheque.


I am new to this but why are you expecting only $50 when you have $63.63 MBNA dollars?

<hr /

As I mentioned in on page 1 of this thread. MBNA only sends cheques in $50 Blocks.

If you have less than $50, no Cheque. balance moves forward.
If you have less than $100 but more than $50, $50 Cheque, balance moves forward.
If you have $100 or more, $100 Cheque, balance moves forward.

So my July 27th statement containing $63.63 MBNA dollars, means $50 Cheque, $13.13 moves forward.

My August 27th statement containing $53.51 MBNA Dollars, means another $50 Cheque, $3.51 moves forward.

Cheques are supposed to arrive 2-3 weeks after your Statement is printed. As I did receive my 1st $50 Cheque 2 weeks after my May 27th Statement. But Since my July 27th statement, I have yet to receive a cheque.

djino

August 30, 2009
8:54 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

copperbeech said:

We got our first MBNA statement a couple early last week. It indicates that we have accumulated $57.97 MBNA dollars. I called to find out when I would receive the cheque and was told not till later in September...does that make sense?

Why the cheque anyways? Wouldnt it be more cost effective just to apply such rewards to the outstanding balance each month?


Yes, that does make sense. You are supposed to receive a $50 Cheque ($7.97 will continue forward). You "should" be receiving it 2-3 weeks after statement is printed, but there seems to be many delays lately with the Cheque being sent as I don't think I'm the only one.

Yes, it would be 1000000% better if they could just issue a credit to the account. But the Cheques are not sent from MBNA. They are sent from a company called MEMBERWORKS. Which will make it that much harder to track down what is going on with the Cheques.

djino
"*sigh*"

August 30, 2009
8:59 am
copperbeech
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
July 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

djino said:

As I mentioned in on page 1 of this thread. MBNA only sends cheques in $50 Blocks.

djino


Thanks for the info.

September 3, 2009
4:58 pm
amit
Guest
Guests
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have a MBNA platinum plus with 9.99% rate and 1% cash back
is this card a platinum card or a regular one? if its regular then maybe I will be reluctant to let go of the platinum privilege and lower interest rate.

September 4, 2009
8:00 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

amit said:

I have a MBNA platinum plus with 9.99% rate and 1% cash back
is this card a platinum card or a regular one? if its regular then maybe I will be reluctant to let go of the platinum privilege and lower interest rate.


The Smart Cash Card is indeed a platinum plus card.

djino

September 9, 2009
11:24 am
jdaise
Guest
Guests
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey everyone - I just called MBNA and they are no longer offering the Smart Cash Card unless you get an invite - is there anyway around this?

September 9, 2009
12:11 pm
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

jdaise said:

Hey everyone - I just called MBNA and they are no longer offering the Smart Cash Card unless you get an invite - is there anyway around this?


Call back and speak to someone else, I know for a fact its still being offered (family member of mine just called yesterday without being an MBNA client.

djino
"Goodluck"

September 11, 2009
11:06 am
Ash
Guest
Guests
114sp_Permalink sp_Print

djino - I applied on Sep 3 with your promo code. The rep said that it woudl take 3-5 weeks to receive my card (I thought I heard him wrong and thought he meant days but no he corrected me and said it was 3-5weeks). This seems a bit long or maybe they've adjusted what they're telling people to be more accurate of when the card will reach them.

djino said:

Received my card on Monday.

It was a VERY LONG process to get the card. I applied on Monday April 6th and I had to call a few times a week to keep the ball rolling as it took 2 days shy of a month for the card to finally arrive.

You really need to babysit the process. After my inital call April 6th, they said it take 7-10 Business Days. My Advice is to call at least once a week (if not more) to check the status.

Well I'm glad its here. I've read all of the Terms/Aggreement and everything is as good:
3% on Gas/Groceries (5% for the 1st 6 Months) up to a maximum of $600/month then 1% on purchases over $600 until next billing cycle.
1% on everything non Gas/Groceries.
Paypass.
13.99 AIR (1.99% on Balance Transfers for 10 months).
NO ANNUAL FEE!!

Cheques are mailed out in $50 blocks. Meaning, if statement shows:
Cashback less than $50 = No Cash Back Cheque, balance moves forward
Cashback greater than or equal to $50 = $50 Cashback Cheque, any balance left, moves forward.
Cashback greater than or equal to $100 = $100 Cashback Cheque, any balance left, moves forward.

djino
"MBNA Smart Cash Card = Primary Card"


September 11, 2009
1:47 pm
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
115sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, it took over 4 weeks for me to receive mine but I've also heard of people receiving theirs within 5 Days.

My advice is to contact them on a weekly basis to make sure everything has gone well.

djino

September 14, 2009
11:59 pm
krausj
Newbie
Members
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
September 1, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
116sp_Permalink sp_Print

my card took me 1 week to arrive.....they are realy fast

September 15, 2009
7:11 am
copperbeech
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 22
Member Since:
July 21, 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
117sp_Permalink sp_Print

djino said:

Has anyone received their $50 Cashback Cheque since their July Statement?

I've contacted MBNA a few days ago, they said they are looking into it and will send out another cheque if they had not been mailed out already. *sigh*

djino


So has the cheque come yet? I has almost been a month since our first statement and still no cheque for $50.

September 15, 2009
7:54 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
118sp_Permalink sp_Print

copperbeech said:

So has the cheque come yet? I has almost been a month since our first statement and still no cheque for $50.


Nope. I am now waiting on two $50 Cheques (For my July and August Statements). The cheques are mailed out by a company called Memberworks. The first 3 times I called MBNA about this, they told me my July $50 Cheque was mailed out August 13th and told me to wait the 4-6 weeks (from my July 27th Statement). Now that this 4-6 weeks has elapsed, they have decided to look more into it. This issue is affecting every client since their July statement -> see Redflagdeals forum.

All we can do really is just wait. I did receive my first cheque from my May or June's statement within 2 weeks of the statement date, now I guess something has happened and we now all have to wait. πŸ™

September 24, 2009
12:53 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 309
Member Since:
December 12, 2008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
119sp_Permalink sp_Print

YOU CAN NOW READ INFO AND APPLY ONLINE FOR THE SMART CASH CARD!

-> http://www.mbna.ca/smartcash_c.....dList.html

FYI: If you have not received a rebate cheque for July/August Statements, MBNA has declared it to be a known issue due to some batch issue with the cheques. There is no ETA on when eligible clients will receive their cheques.

Moving forward, everyone should receive their rebate cheques 4-6 weeks following a statement showing $50 or more in MBNA DOLLARS.

djino

October 4, 2009
6:55 pm
George
Guest
Guests
120sp_Permalink sp_Print

djino,
Is it good to use this card for USD transactions? Howz their
conversion rate? Thanks.

Please write your comments in the forum.