New EFT Transfer Limits 2022 06 03 | Wyth Financial (formerly Concentra Bank) | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New EFT Transfer Limits 2022 06 03
June 3, 2022
2:41 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 974
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

From email today:

We’re writing to inform you of an important change to your HISA account that takes effect immediately on June 3, 2022. We’re reducing the maximum limit for money coming into your account via Electronic Funds Transfer to $100 per transaction, per day.

Please note that you can still move money into your account via Interac e-Transfer® (fees may apply) and via remote deposit capture. Limits can be found within the updated on our Deposits Disclosure website.

Stephen

June 3, 2022
4:55 pm
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 935

Nehpets said
From email today:

We’re writing to inform you of an important change to your HISA account that takes effect immediately on June 3, 2022. We’re reducing the maximum limit for money coming into your account via Electronic Funds Transfer to $100 per transaction, per day.

Please note that you can still move money into your account via Interac e-Transfer® (fees may apply) and via remote deposit capture. Limits can be found within the updated on our Deposits Disclosure website.

Stephen  

Does that mean the maximum for me-to-me transfers (pulled) into one's Wyth HISA is only $100? If so, that seems really low and one might need to do a push from the external account or use mobile deposit to get more than $100 into the Wyth acct.

June 3, 2022
5:26 pm
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2747

Nehpets said
From email today:

Stephen  

I still think/believe it’s a typo lol $100 limit for eft ?! Seriously ! My daughter was sending bigger amount than that when she was a minor lol

June 4, 2022
5:09 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

The new policy does seem bizarre, but might this be the first step in strangling incoming funds to WYTH in the EQ Bank takeover of WYTH?

Stephen

June 4, 2022
5:15 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 976

One must wonder if this is a cynical attempt to suck Interac fees out of clients, whereas PAD/PAD is free.
RetirEd

RetirEd

June 4, 2022
10:07 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6677

Interac e-Transfer fees are usually collected by the financial institution of the sender of the funds and not by the one of the receiver.

Pushing funds at Wyth is not affected. According to their Deposits Disclosure, one can still push out funds electronically up to $50,000 per request and up to $50,000 per day.

For some reason, now one can't electronically pull in more than $100 per request or more than $100 per day.

June 6, 2022
6:42 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

Called WYTH this morning for clarification and was repeated the prepared talking points that the change is for "my security" with no further rational explanation.

Stephen

June 6, 2022
11:04 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Perhaps they had a breach they aren't ready to talk about, or came too close to one and haven't yet solved the problem. Then it really would be for your security. Otherwise, doesn't make any sense.

June 6, 2022
12:09 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

Loonie said
Perhaps they had a breach ..... 

Agreed, in which case I see their behavior as a red flag to move funds out ASAP. Irrational behavior by a FI does not instill confidence.

Stephen

June 6, 2022
12:31 pm
Loonie
Members

I agree.
I have never had any money at Wyth. I'm waiting to see how it all washes out with EQ. I don't have any money to speak of there either and am not fond of EQ!

June 6, 2022
12:57 pm
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1448

Loonie said
I agree.
I have never had any money at Wyth. I'm waiting to see how it all washes out with EQ. I don't have any money to speak of there either and am not fond of EQ!  

What's wrong with EQ?

CGO
June 6, 2022
4:39 pm
Loonie
Members

I have given my reasons in numerous other posts and don't feel like writing it all out again.

June 16, 2022
1:37 pm
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 217

If you think the new EFT limit is a bit odd, how about today's email indicating they are increasing their HISA rate to 1.8% tomorrow.

July 21, 2022
2:45 pm
Fritz23
BC
Members
Forum Posts: 58

Just emailed with Wyth back and forth:

"To transfer a larger sum of funds to your HISA to purchase a GIC you can use Interac e-transfer, mobile cheque deposit (150k limit) or initiate the electronic funds transfer from the sending financial institutions platform."

"Yes, if you send the money from your other financial institution, Wyth will accept larger amounts."

July 21, 2022
3:17 pm
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 217

Fritz23 said

"To transfer a larger sum of funds to your HISA to purchase a GIC you can use Interac e-transfer, mobile cheque deposit (150k limit) or initiate the electronic funds transfer from the sending financial institutions platform."

"Yes, if you send the money from your other financial institution, Wyth will accept larger amounts."  

Interesting! Does that mean the restriction on EFT transfers, be they push, or pull, are restricted when initiated on the Wyth online banking site? From what you wrote, it appears that EFT push and pulls initiated at other institutions are not restricted for moving funds in, or out of Wyth? If true, why did Wyth not clarify their policy when they announced the restriction early in June?

July 22, 2022
7:40 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1160

Fritz23 said

That is interesting. I thought it is a savings account. Nonetheless, I go to EQ bank and try to link up Wyth. Lo & behold, Wyth pop up on the search sf-surprised ... not going further at today's rate though. Let me know if anyone completed the link and send successfully ?

August 17, 2022
5:45 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1160

... crickets? It's been 2.25% since early August & my Tangerine promo expired. So I decided to do the link up from Tangerine.

• Download a void cheque from Wyth
  • Use info on the cheque to initial the linking process on Tangerine
  • Wait for the two micro-deposit to arrive on Wyth
  • Report back the amounts to Tangerine to complete the linking rocess

Only took me 2 days sf-smile

August 18, 2022
8:19 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6677

Many savings accounts, like the Wyth HISA and Simplii HISA, can accept direct deposits.

I've successfully pushed funds from my EQ Bank Savings Plus account to my Wyth HISA.

Please write your comments in the forum.