Targeted offer to some customers from Tangerine including on US Funds: 2.75% on new deposits until November 30, 2019 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer to some customers from Tangerine including on US Funds: 2.75% on new deposits until November 30, 2019
June 11, 2019
1:46 pm
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Get a special rate on new Savings Account deposits with one click!

Smart saving habits are key to reaching your financial goals. And to help you get there faster, we have a special interest rate of 2.75% for you. Just activate before June 30, 2019.

Hit the ‘Activate Now’ button below (or in the banner above) to earn 2.75% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s). And now, your special interest rate also applies to US$ Savings Accounts.

Here’s how it works:

1. Activate by June 30, 2019 to put your special interest rate in place.
2. Eligible new deposits to these Accounts from June 11, 2019 to November 30, 2019 (up to a maximum of $1,000,000† per Applicable Account Type*) will earn your special rate of 2.75%.

Activate Your Special Savings Rate Offer.

Activate Now

If you prefer, you can also activate by logging in at tangerine.ca and going to ‘Insights’ near the top left of your screen, where you’ll see another message about this offer.

Open a US$ Savings Account and earn your special rate

If you have an existing US$ account at another bank, you can easily link it to move funds into a Tangerine US$ Savings Account and earn your special interest rate.

Don’t wait to activate – the opportunity to put your special rate in place ends June 30, 2019!

Sincerely,

Tangerine
Forward Banking

June 11, 2019
2:15 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

i received the same offer

June 11, 2019
2:39 pm
GoHabs
Members
Forum Posts: 27

Can you clarify - Is that 2.75% for US Savings Accounts as well?
Thank you.

June 11, 2019
2:46 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840
June 11, 2019
3:26 pm
lisa
Members
Forum Posts: 34

I received the same offer today by email for my savings account. My balance has been at 17 cents for awhile.

June 11, 2019
3:42 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1405

Note that this is similar to their new client offer, which is 2.75% for 6 months and now includes the USD savings account.

June 11, 2019
3:42 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

Activated it, confirming email comes immediately to your Tangerine mailbox.

June 11, 2019
4:42 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

Just activated the same offer too. It’s for savings, TFSA, RSP and US$.

I emptied my savings accounts a couple months ago.

June 11, 2019
9:32 pm
GoHabs
Members
Forum Posts: 27

Thanks everyone for confirming the rate is for US savings accounts also.

I haven't received this offer yet. Will see if it comes tomorrow. I have something like 6 cents in my Tang savings account - plus whatever I earned on my last Tang CC statement which I haven't checked yet.

June 12, 2019
6:29 am
dommm
Members
Forum Posts: 157

GoHabs said
Thanks everyone for confirming the rate is for US savings accounts also.

I haven't received this offer yet. Will see if it comes tomorrow. I have something like 6 cents in my Tang savings account - plus whatever I earned on my last Tang CC statement which I haven't checked yet.  

I did not receive an email offer either so I logged into my account & clicked on "Image" as the pic in Kidd's post above shows & activated the offer & received an email confirmation within seconds that the 2.75% rate now applies to my accounts. (Both US & CAN)

June 12, 2019
8:24 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 468

So, if I interpret this correctly, the 2.75% rate is only on new deposits after June 11. Thus, if one already has say 100K in such an account, this amount would not get the new rate - only new deposits get it, thus the existing 100K would get a much lower rate. Currently I have the 3% rate until June 30, thus it is not useful to switch now to get 2.75%.

The only useful bit of this, to me, is the 2.75% on new US$ deposits. Even so, I will not ask for the new rate until closer to the end of the month, at which time my 100K moves to another FI.

June 12, 2019
10:08 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Saw this thread so I logged into Tangerine and noticed I was made this offer too. 2.75% on USD is higher than anything else I've seen. 0.75% at Hubert is where I moved back to when Tangerine reduced their rate from 0.8%. I had essentially emptied out Tangerine except for a USD GIC which I managed to score 3% for a year. Now moving in back some liquid cash.

June 12, 2019
2:01 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

With DUCA offering 3% and Manulife offering 3.25% (for example), I am not sure I understand the excitement around this offer from Tangerine. (?)

I received this offer from Tangerine as many others, but I am not sure if I will turn it on. I would have expected something like 3%.

The main reason why I hesitate to turn it on is because I do not want to miss another (future) better offer from Tangerine because I am already on this special (non-competitive) offer. I experienced this situation in the past... frustrating.

Thoughts ?

June 12, 2019
3:39 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

If you have other places to put money and get a similar rate, then there is no need to turn it on. Simply hold out and see if they offer something better.

For some of us, we don’t want to open accounts everywhere, so the 2.75 looks pretty good for unlocked cash.

June 12, 2019
4:42 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

Vatox said

...For some of us, we don’t want to open accounts everywhere, so the 2.75 looks pretty good for unlocked cash.  

Thanks for your reply Vatox. Point taken ! I did not see it this way... and I suppose that Tangerine understands this very well 🙂 !

June 12, 2019
6:50 pm
Saver-Mom
Members
Forum Posts: 312

Am on the 2.75% rate at Tang till end of June.

I have higher rates elsewhere, in fact the 3.35% at Manulife was confirmed for me despite not being a group member. I repeated that on a phone call to them, in case they renege on the rate in the future.

I use Tang for bill payments due to the ease of the website and my familiarity with it, but if they want my cash they need to increase the offer this time around.

I do not mind moving money around when I get better rates, JF.

June 12, 2019
7:12 pm
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

I wasn't offered this promo for USD accounts, however, I am on the 2.75% promo rate currently that ends on November 30, 2019, does that also apply to USD accounts?

June 12, 2019
10:47 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Check your USD account and see what it says. Chances are unlikely you have the promo rate of 2.75% on your USD account.Screenshot-2019-6-12-Savings-Account-Details-Tangerine.png

June 13, 2019
5:49 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

Like Vatox, I feel like taking an offer now may negate what might be made available later. And as their current offer is nothing special and not needed, I'll get interested again in seeing a highly competitive offer from them, or someone, around October or perhaps September.

Last time around I was given a rate lower than others with similiar balances on the same date, and naturally that treatment still doesn't sit well with me.

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

June 13, 2019
6:25 am
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

I believe the better offers exist out there, eg you can still get promotion rate from Manulife bank@3.25 for 6 months, and Peoplestrust 3% GIC for 15 months

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.