Targeted offer: 2% on new deposit Nov 4, 2020 to Mar 31, 2021 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted offer: 2% on new deposit Nov 4, 2020 to Mar 31, 2021
November 4, 2020
4:34 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I wasn't offered previous 2% special for October 2020 - February 2021, but have got new one today, with different end date.

It was in Insights when I logged into my account today, activation required and I of course activated it.

Your activated special offer: Earn 2.00% interest until March 31, 2021 on up to $1,000,000† in new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), and US$ Savings Account(s) made between November 4, 2020 and March 31, 2021.

November 4, 2020
7:32 am
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

Alexandre said
I wasn't offered previous 2% special for October 2020 - February 2021, but have got new one today, with different end date.

It was in Insights when I logged into my account today, activation required and I of course activated it.

Your activated special offer: Earn 2.00% interest until March 31, 2021 on up to $1,000,000† in new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), and US$ Savings Account(s) made between November 4, 2020 and March 31, 2021.

No offer from Tangerine for me. Must be selected clients only.

Have a Great Day

November 4, 2020
8:39 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

topgun said

Yup

I wasn't given this new 2% offer, ending in March ... but my wife was.

In our case, I'm guessing how they decided, was that I'm already on their 2% offer ending in Feb., but my wife isn't.

Caio,

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

November 4, 2020
10:09 am
chamnic
Members
Forum Posts: 31

I was just offered the same offer, 2% till March 31 on new deposit only (after Nov 3rd) and it also covers US account, TFSA and RRSP savings account as well.

Strangely, I did not get an email with this offer this time like I usually do, and the notice when I logged on says "online-only".

I had been on 2% prior to this until end of July but nada since then. I even phoned in during August asking for a better rate and got nothing over their posted rate. I had then moved my money to Canadian Tire. I wonder if they monitor where you move your money to and if this impact their obscure process of handing out these targeted offers.

November 4, 2020
10:24 am
Dean
Members

Dean said

Yup

I wasn't given this new 2% offer, ending in March ... but my wife was.

In our case, I'm guessing how they decided, was that I'm already on their 2% offer ending in Feb., but my wife isn't.

Caio,

Dean

And to add to that , when I was given their 2% offer ending in Feb., my wife wasn't included in that one.

I think they're playing 'Leapfrog' with us ... LOL sf-laugh

Cheerio,

Dean

November 4, 2020
11:31 am
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 787

topgun said

Pretty much ALWAYS is!

November 4, 2020
12:05 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

Finally, I got this offer, after being turned down so many other times. Nice that it also covers US$.

November 4, 2020
12:11 pm
archangel
Members
Forum Posts: 23

Can confirm; I didn't get Oct offer, but got this one.

November 4, 2020
12:21 pm
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

Thank you guys for sharing this offer. I do not log in very often to Tang (as I have $0 there) and would have missed it.
Now, at least for the few months I can get few (taxable) extra bucks to cover some utilities or food.

November 4, 2020
12:38 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

pooreva said
Thank you guys for sharing this offer. I do not log in very often to Tang (as I have $0 there) and would have missed it.
Now, at least for the few months I can get few (taxable) extra bucks to cover some utilities or food.  

No offer my way. Don’t really care for Tang anymore, so that’s just fine.

November 4, 2020
2:20 pm
FC
Members
Forum Posts: 11

Got 2%!! I was really hoping for this in the current crappy interest rate environment!

Thanks Tangerine!... And Simplii too for keeping things competitive!

November 4, 2020
2:43 pm
Dean
Members

pooreva said

It never hurts to check in with Tangerine for special offers. After I sign-in (at least twice a month), I always check the 'Insights' link near the top of the page ... sometimes good deals are waiting there for me. sf-smile

Vatox said

No offer my way. Don’t really care for Tang anymore, so that’s just fine.  

Almost the same here ... I only have a basic SA with them now. And the only time there's $$$ in it, is when they offer me a good deal ... like 2% int. right now.

'Carpe Diem'

Dean

November 4, 2020
2:48 pm
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

Another place to look on your tangerine web page.

Under your "profile"
I believe it's called "specials and bonuses"

In that area, it lists your current promotion, past promotions and other stuff

November 4, 2020
3:05 pm
Dean
Members

Kidd said
Another place to look on your tangerine web page.

Under your "profile"
I believe it's called "specials and bonuses"

In that area, it lists your current promotion, past promotions and other stuff  

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 'Latest' offer(s) don't show up there .

It's my understanding that you have to go to 'Insights' for your latest offer(s).

Arrivederci,

Dean

November 4, 2020
3:28 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Email from Tangerine just arrived, half a day after I saw and accepted an offer.
Subject line "A 2.00% interest rate for your savings goals"

They must have had glitch with mass mailing, now resolved. They had issues with Web site at the morning, too. So, if you are on this promo, you should be getting email, too.

Important info from email: must activate offer by November 30, 2020

November 4, 2020
4:08 pm
RicksBank
Alberta
Members
Forum Posts: 166

My previous offer ended at the end of September. For the first time in 5 years, I didn't get a new offer a few days later. I was busy and let it slide and never did move the money to another bank. Today I finally got a new offer, the same 2.00% as others here. So, I moved the money back from my chequing account where it's been sitting for the last 5 weeks.

November 5, 2020
2:27 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

My previous offer ended Sept 30th. No offer for October, and none for November. 🙁

November 5, 2020
6:22 am
anitavirginia
Members
Forum Posts: 33

got my offer and accepted. email yesterday 5 pm, accepted offer this am.

November 5, 2020
7:04 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

Mucho gracias folks! Never got an email, but sure enough, it was there this morning under INSIGHTS. I would have been totally unaware of this, save for the good folks here posting about it.
This is great for my $US -- currently earning 0.25 at TD DIRECT
I had previously cleared out all my 4US from Tangerine, when a previous offer had expired
Already have moved my C$ to Simplii, so won't bother moving those
Thanks again

November 5, 2020
8:26 am
Righand
Members
Forum Posts: 103

implode said
My previous offer ended Sept 30th. No offer for October, and none for November. 🙁  

I hope you didn't leave the money rotting in the account earning 0.15 % because that seems to be what they are counting on and are quite happy with that. I always move all of my funds out before the promo ends and have generally received an offer without having to phone in and beg.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.