Targeted 2.80% new money offer (existing clients), March 8 to July 31, 2022 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Targeted 2.80% new money offer (existing clients), March 8 to July 31, 2022
March 8, 2022
5:53 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1165
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

New money earn 2.80% for 5 months, interest payout monthly sf-smile

( ... better than 2.75% for 4 months )

March 8, 2022
6:18 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1473

I wish I could get in on that. I wish my wife would get that as her first offer in 10 years ...

CGO
March 8, 2022
6:29 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2866

I am still on a shitty 1.2% offer a few months ago. I hate them when they wont remove that offer when I asked them to last month....

March 8, 2022
6:45 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 463

savemoresaveoften said
...I hate them when they wont remove that offer when I asked them to last month....  

They won't remove that 1.2% and 1.4% offers.
They actually automatically extended 1.4% offers for a few months. 1.4% offer originally was set to expire on Jan 31, 2022.

March 8, 2022
6:49 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

Winnie said

They won't remove that 1.2% and 1.4% offers.
They actually automatically extended 1.4% offers for a few months. 1.4% offer originally was set to expire on Jan 31, 2022.  

In the past, they would take my instructions to remove it even after I accepted it. Last month the rep said once its on the account, its there until expiry... crap
Of course they know what I want it removed, and they just make sure I wont be qualify for their next lottery...

March 8, 2022
7:00 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

I haven't received an offer in 1.5 years, but my wife got this one. Her previous offer expired at the end of January.

March 8, 2022
7:43 am
COIN
Members
Forum Posts: 1108
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

savemoresaveoften said
I am still on a shitty 1.2% offer a few months ago. I hate them when they wont remove that offer when I asked them to last month....  

I'm on the 1.6% offer which I think expires at the end of March/

March 8, 2022
10:44 am
COIN
Members

Question: How many concurrent overlapping "promotional" rates does Tang have at the moment? I lost count after 5 (1.2%, 1.4%, 1.6%, 2% and now 2.80%).

March 8, 2022
10:45 am
cgouimet
Members

COIN said
Question: How many concurrent overlapping "promotional" rates does Tang have at the moment? I lost count after 5 (1.2%, 1.4%, 1.6%, 2% and now 2.80%).  

I have a 2.0% thru Apr ...

Edit ... You must have edited to add the 2.0 ...

CGO
March 8, 2022
1:39 pm
COIN
Members

cgouimet said

I have a 2.0% thru Apr ...

Edit ... You must have edited to add the 2.0 ...  

Yes, I remembered the 2% after I had posted the original. Tang is getting ridiculous with 5 (or more) overlapping rates.

March 8, 2022
1:41 pm
cgouimet
Members

COIN said

Yes, I remembered the 2% after I had posted the original. Tang is getting ridiculous with 5 (or more) overlapping rates.  

We wouldn't mind a 2.8% parking spot ...

CGO
March 8, 2022
8:44 pm
frugal lady
Members
Forum Posts: 191

Peter said
I haven't received an offer in 1.5 years, but my wife got this one. Her previous offer expired at the end of January.  

Surprised when I logged in and got this offer too as my previous offer expired at end of January also. No use trying to figure that out but I'm not complaining.

March 10, 2022
1:37 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1161

Another Tang fiasco.

A family member got the 2.8% targeted promotional offer. So, I called Tang to ask for the same offer to be extended to me, as I was in the same household and knew about their policy previously. The CSR checked and confirmed the details, but could not comply since there was a security hold on my account. I would have to call back tomorrow to lift the security ban and then could get the offer at the same time.

Called back and sat for 1 hour on hold in order to reach a CSR whose only purpose was to transfer me to security, as there is no direct phone line. Sat for another 2 hours awaiting a reply.

Security tells me that their nightly review cleared the ban on their own. So, I just wasted 2 additional hours waiting for them to do absolutely nothing.

They transferred me back to CSR to get the promotional offer extension.

Got a CSR who said that it was fine, but he had to first validate the account. His phone connection was so bad that he had to throw me back into the queue for someone else to answer, before we could complete the process.

Another CSR answered and I made the same request. He checks and says that it was not possible. The 'household-extension policy' did exist, but did not cover the 'New Money' promotional offer. I told him that it most certainly did, because I had done it previously. He refused to grant the extension to my account. I asked him, 'Okay, if New Money offers will not be extended, tell me EXACTLY which offers will be extended under the same household policy.' At this point, he did not even reply, but immediately switched me back into the queue.

Another CSR answered and fulfilled my request.

Finally, success after only four hours. Any sliver of guilt I ever had over emptying my accounts at Tang at every possibility has now been assuaged. I will use and abuse them as much as I can and never will I extend them the simplest courtesy or loyalty.

March 10, 2022
4:10 am
cgouimet
Members

HermanH said
Finally, success after only four hours. Any sliver of guilt I ever had over emptying my accounts at Tang at every possibility has now been assuaged. I will use and abuse them as much as I can and never will I extend them the simplest courtesy or loyalty.  

You have a lot more patience than I do!

CGO
March 10, 2022
6:46 am
savemoresaveoften
Members

HermanH said
Another Tang fiasco.

A family member got the 2.8% targeted promotional offer. So, I called Tang to ask for the same offer to be extended to me, as I was in the same household and knew about their policy previously. The CSR checked and confirmed the details, but could not comply since there was a security hold on my account. I would have to call back tomorrow to lift the security ban and then could get the offer at the same time.

Called back and sat for 1 hour on hold in order to reach a CSR whose only purpose was to transfer me to security, as there is no direct phone line. Sat for another 2 hours awaiting a reply.

Security tells me that their nightly review cleared the ban on their own. So, I just wasted 2 additional hours waiting for them to do absolutely nothing.

They transferred me back to CSR to get the promotional offer extension.

Got a CSR who said that it was fine, but he had to first validate the account. His phone connection was so bad that he had to throw me back into the queue for someone else to answer, before we could complete the process.

Another CSR answered and I made the same request. He checks and says that it was not possible. The 'household-extension policy' did exist, but did not cover the 'New Money' promotional offer. I told him that it most certainly did, because I had done it previously. He refused to grant the extension to my account. I asked him, 'Okay, if New Money offers will not be extended, tell me EXACTLY which offers will be extended under the same household policy.' At this point, he did not even reply, but immediately switched me back into the queue.

Good to know about "family member extension policy". How do they verify ? Mention the family member name and they check if same household ? Or need to have both joint account plus each has own account as well ?

March 10, 2022
7:14 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1165

Just another marriage of convenience ... to be coveted sf-confused

March 10, 2022
7:59 am
COIN
Members

HermanH said

Did Tang confirm they fulfilled your request? Did you check your account and see the 2.80%?

March 10, 2022
11:03 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9238

The "family member" policy is not reliable. Sometimes they've given it to us, sometimes not. Beware: if it's not written down anywhere, then it's not a policy.

March 10, 2022
11:29 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1161

savemoresaveoften said Good to know about "family member extension policy". How do they verify ? Mention the family member name and they check if same household ? Or need to have both joint account plus each has own account as well ?  

That was a question posed to me. One of the CSRs, the one with the bad phone connection, got my family member onto the phone to validate her identity. Unfortunately, the connection was so bad that she could not communicate successfully.

The other CSRs had no problem dealing with me solely. I do not know if it made a difference, but the family member already shared joint accounts with me. Therefore, it should have been easier for them to gain access to both profiles to verify that the addresses on file were identical.

Loonie said
The "family member" policy is not reliable. Sometimes they've given it to us, sometimes not. Beware: if it's not written down anywhere, then it's not a policy.

The policy probably exists as most of the CSRs I contact know about it. If it was only an undocumented common practice, instead, then I would expect that far fewer CSRs would know about it; the reverse of what my experience is.

On an additional note, this was not the first time I requested the Same Household matching policy. I previously asked Tang to extend a 1.4% offer to my profile, under the same circumstances. The CSR refused and would only give me 1.3% I did not intend to use my account much, except for the occasional layover transfer deposit, so I did not belabour the point and just accepted the lower offer.

COIN said
Did Tang confirm they fulfilled your request? Did you check your account and see the 2.80%?

The CSR did tell me that the offer had been activated for my account. I only have telephone access and no online access. But you raise a good point and will try to re-confirm, so that there is no unhappy surprise at the end of the month.

-- Just called and re-confirmed the 2.8% rate

savemoresaveoften said

In the past, they would take my instructions to remove it even after I accepted it. Last month the rep said once its on the account, its there until expiry... crap

I was currently on a 1.3% offer, but the CSR had no problem cancelling it and superseding it with the 2.8% promotional offer.

I'm so glad that I only left $0.64 in my account when this offer appeared. sf-laugh

March 14, 2022
12:56 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

I also got this promo rates, it also cover US$ saving a/c. It is better Simplii offer. Really like Tangerine this kind of offers. Thanks

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.