Tangerine New Offer: March 9, 2021 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine New Offer: March 9, 2021
March 9, 2021
6:26 am
Slybanking
Members
Forum Posts: 108
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just got a new offer this morning. 1.5% on new money including USD account till July 31st.

March 9, 2021
7:06 am
JPenterprise
Members
Forum Posts: 46

Got the 1.50% on new money till July 31st as well. Great deal to include USD a/c.

March 9, 2021
7:14 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1405

I didn't get the offer, but my wife did. Here are the details:

You’re eligible for a special interest rate on your savings.

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. And now with this online-only offer, here’s how you can start earning 1.50% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s) and now, US$ Savings Account(s):

1. Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by March 31, 2021
2. Eligible new deposits to these Accounts from March 9, 2021 to July 31, 2021 (up to a maximum of $1,000,000 † per Applicable Account Type*) will earn your special rate of 1.50% .

Once you’ve activated, here’s how it will work:

3. We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA, RSP Savings and US$ Savings Account(s) as they were on March 8, 2021 to get your total balances per Account Type
4. From March 9, 2021 to July 31, 2021, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on March 8, 2021 (up to $1,000,000† per Account Type)
5. The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

Activate now and help your savings grow at your special rate. Remember, if you don't Activate, you won't receive this rate.

Disclaimer

*The Tangerine Savings Interest Offer of 1.50% (the “Offer”) is available to existing Tangerine Clients who have received this communication directly from Tangerine and who activate the Offer online by March 31, 2021. The Offer is available on Eligible Deposits made between March 9, 2021 and July 31, 2021 of up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type (in the currency of the Applicable Account). However, deposits made into registered Applicable Accounts through a T2033 form will not begin to earn the Promotional Interest Rate until the funds are actually received by Tangerine, and will earn interest at the applicable Posted Rate before then. The Promotional Interest Rate is an annualized rate, calculated daily and paid monthly. This Offer, including interest rates, may change or be cancelled without notice.

March 9, 2021
9:22 am
chamnic
Members
Forum Posts: 31

Was wondering these days what current "special offer" from Tangerine would be, mine (2%) is expiring at the end of the month and I was hoping to get 2% again. If it stays at 1.5% and especially for NEW money only, Canadian tire Bank with 1.8% it will be for me then.

March 15, 2021
7:40 am
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

Is this promo really occuring ? Anyone else got it ?

March 15, 2021
8:16 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

AlainJF said
Is this promo really occuring ? Anyone else got it ?  

Yes. The offers are.

New people, new account, 2.1%
New money, 1.5%
ALL money, either 1.3% or 1.4%

I walked. I was offered the 1.4% on ALL funds for 5 months, on up to 1 million dollars. This in my opinion, is an insult.

March 15, 2021
9:32 am
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

Kidd said

Yes. The offers are.

New money, 1.5%

I walked. I was offered the 1.4% on ALL funds for 5 months, on up to 1 million dollars. This in my opinion, is an insult.  

It could be an insult but is there anything better? 1.4% is better than 1% or 1.3% 1 year redeemable GIC...

March 15, 2021
11:17 am
chamnic
Members
Forum Posts: 31

There is always Canadian Tire Bank... 1.8% All day, every day, all the time, no 3 or 4 months offer, no gimmick, no fine prints, no 0.15% for you and 2.2% for your neighbour (a la Tangerine) because only God only knows why.

I know it's a pain to setup the account with their mail-in forms but once that is done, it make for a great fallback when other banks are playing silly games or giving you close to zero.

March 15, 2021
1:11 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Up until this one, I had received the previous last three Tangerine 'new money' offers (which I took them up on). Sadly ... I wasn't offered the latest one, this time around.

So for the time being, most of my HISA $$$ is with EQ Bank, @ 1.50%.

I'm still thinking about signing up for that CT Bank HISA @ 1.80%, but as nothing else there interests me, it would just be a 'One Trick Pony' for me.

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

March 15, 2021
2:01 pm
Bobbyjet11
Members
Forum Posts: 67

Kidd said

Yes. The offers are.

New money, 1.5%

I walked from Tangerine as well after they offered me 1.3%. Moved the money to CT (after it took more than a month to set up an account). The transfer to CT took only 2 days. So there's that.

The CT Rep did say they were planning to modernize their procedures.

March 15, 2021
7:05 pm
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

Bobbyjet11 said

I walked from Tangerine as well after they offered me 1.3%. Moved the money to CT (after it took more than a month to set up an account). The transfer to CT took only 2 days. So there's that.

Same here... « no soup for me ? » ... « sorry, no soup for you too »...

March 16, 2021
6:22 am
RYAN
Members
Forum Posts: 27

I have been with Tangerine from the its very beginning when it's ING Direct. It used to be my primary bank until several years ago. Now I moved almost all my money out of Tangerine since it's string-attached teasing rate is next to worthless. Now I only use it only as a middle bank to transfer money between other banks.

March 16, 2021
7:10 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

RYAN said
I have been with Tangerine from the its very beginning when it's ING Direct. It used to be my primary bank until several years ago. Now I moved almost all my money out of Tangerine since it's string-attached teasing rate is next to worthless. Now I only use it only as a middle bank to transfer money between other banks.  

Same here.

March 16, 2021
7:32 am
pooreva
Banned

Bobbyjet11 said

How complex is to open an account at CT?
Can you fax anything or they require mailing for everything?
How difficult is to link CT to Hubert, Tang, Peoples, Big5 bank?

March 16, 2021
7:45 am
Bobbyjet11
Members
Forum Posts: 67

RYAN said

Me too. Oh, the good old days when ING was superior to most anywhere else when it came to savings rates.

March 16, 2021
8:04 am
mustang
Members
Forum Posts: 215

I didn't find it particularly complex to open the account at CT bank--just paper oriented, and time consuming
It took 25 days to get mine opened-- and others have posted it took them twice as long. I did it via snail mail, but I think you can fax them
I've been successful in linking my SIMPLII account-- via sending a VOID check to CTBANK-- and also my Tangerine account-- via having Tangerine send the two micro deposits

March 17, 2021
6:26 am
Sammy
Members
Forum Posts: 16

I just contacted them this morning on chat as my promo (1.7%) ends tonight.

All I was able to get was 1.2% on existing funds (unregistered account only) for 150 days.

I'm in QC if that changes anything.

March 17, 2021
7:36 am
pooreva
Banned

Sammy said
I just contacted them this morning on chat as my promo (1.7%) ends tonight.

All I was able to get was 1.2% on existing funds (unregistered account only) for 150 days.

I'm in QC if that changes anything.  

WOW! It is lower and lower every time 🙁 Lets see what they will offer at the end of March promo.

March 17, 2021
7:42 am
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

pooreva said

WOW! It is lower and lower every time 🙁 Lets see what they will offer at the end of March promo.  

Not worth calling them. Walk to greener pastures.

Have a Great Day

March 17, 2021
5:48 pm
deepcman
Members
Forum Posts: 27

I also drained my account this week when they offered me 1.4% for 150 days. I'd rather get 1.25% from Oaken than have to beg for decent rates.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.