Tangerine new deposit offer: 1.50% between April 8 and August 31, 2021 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Tangerine new deposit offer: 1.50% between April 8 and August 31, 2021
April 8, 2021
1:44 pm
lancedragons
Members
Forum Posts: 16
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My wife just got this offer

You’re eligible for a special interest rate on your savings.

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. And now with this online-only offer, here’s how you can start earning 1.50% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s) and now, US$ Savings Account(s):

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by April 30, 2021
Eligible new deposits to these Accounts from April 8, 2021 to August 31, 2021 (up to a maximum of $1,000,000 † per Applicable Account Type*) will earn your special rate of 1.50% .

Once you’ve activated, here’s how it will work:

We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA, RSP Savings and US$ Savings Account(s) as they were on April 7, 2021 to get your total balances per Account Type
From April 8, 2021 to August 31, 2021, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on April 7, 2021 (up to $1,000,000† per Account Type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

Activate now and help your savings grow at your special rate. Remember, if you don't Activate, you won't receive this rate.

Disclaimer

*The Tangerine Savings Interest Offer of 1.50% (the “Offer”) is available to existing Tangerine Clients who have received this communication directly from Tangerine and who activate the Offer online by April 30, 2021. The Offer is available on Eligible Deposits made between April 8, 2021 and August 31, 2021 of up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type (in the currency of the Applicable Account)....

I still have 1.75% until May 31, might move it to EQ Bank after

April 8, 2021
5:26 pm
Soare
Members
Forum Posts: 1

weird, I haven't got anything from Tangerine yet 🙁

April 9, 2021
4:37 am
Joebart
Members
Forum Posts: 65

They are usually not honest. Higher up rep who called me back insisted they have nothing more than 1.3% which is total maximum. Total lie. So disappointed and moving all my money to greener pasture.

April 9, 2021
5:55 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

Nothing for me either. I think I'll be patiently waiting for Canadian Tire Bank to open my account with them, paperwork already submitted.

April 9, 2021
9:59 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

Soare said

weird, I haven't got anything from Tangerine yet 🙁  

Nothing here either ... my Wife included.

our Moolah remains elsewhere.

Hasta la vista, Tangerine ❗

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

April 9, 2021
2:00 pm
AR
Members
Forum Posts: 64

Be careful with your offers. Mine reads,

"Now with this online-only offer, you can earn a 1.50% interest rate* until August 31, 2021 on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), including TFSA, RSP, and US$, up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type."

To me, there is no mention of non registered Canadian denominated savings accounts.

April 9, 2021
2:12 pm
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

AR said

"Now with this online-only offer, you can earn a 1.50% interest rate* until August 31, 2021 on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), including TFSA, RSP, and US$, up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type."

To me, there is no mention of non registered Canadian denominated savings accounts.  

Interesting

In post #1 above it reads ...

" . . . And now with this online-only offer, here’s how you can start earning 1.50% interest* on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s) and now, US$ Savings Account(s):"

Why would they send out different messages for the same offer ❓

Go Figure ❗

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

April 9, 2021
2:30 pm
suburbs4life
Members
Forum Posts: 161

AR said

The second line reads, “tangerine savings accounts”. I interpret that as including any savings accounts such as non registered savings accounts. Which also includes registered accounts as listed in the paragraph.

April 9, 2021
3:43 pm
fbeaulie
Members
Forum Posts: 82

suburbs4life said

The second line reads, “tangerine savings accounts”. I interpret that as including any savings accounts such as non registered savings accounts. Which also includes registered accounts as listed in the paragraph.  

It does include non-registered savings account. You can click on "account details" in any account to confirm that the offer applies to it:tangerine-1.JPG

April 10, 2021
5:36 am
lhsaid
Members
Forum Posts: 166

my 1.75% offer still going, ends May 31

April 10, 2021
6:57 am
AR
Members
Forum Posts: 64

fbeaulie said

It does include non-registered savings account. You can click on "account details" in any account to confirm that the offer applies to it:tangerine-1.JPG  

Thank you fbeaulie. That is the information I was looking for. Clicking on "account details" confirms for me.

The wording on the offer could be better.

Love my peeps on this website. Much gratitude.

April 13, 2021
6:15 am
AlainJF
Members
Forum Posts: 184

Is this promo largely spread ?

I normally do not call Tang ( it has been always useless, in my experience ), but is there anybody here who got that offer by calling Tang ?

As you can guess, I did not get this offer...

Thanks!

April 13, 2021
7:26 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

does tang allow early enrollment if ur already booked in previous promo till may

April 14, 2021
11:29 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138

If you didn't get the promo from Tang try EQ Bank for their 3 month non- registered GIC at 1.50% starting April 16/2021

sf-smile

April 14, 2021
7:58 pm
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1163

AlainJF said I normally do not call Tang ( it has been always useless, in my experience ), but is there anybody here who got that offer by calling Tang ?

As you can guess, I did not get this offer...

I called Tang and was pleasantly surprised to actually receive a response. They told me that they won't rate-match and that targeted offers are specific to customer behaviour and history. I told him that I was giving Tang a chance to get my money back and the terms that would be acceptable, but he was unmoved. I just told him that my money sits at CdnTire and that the Tang offer of 1.1% was not even close. I could grant Tang a bit of leeway and take a 1.5%, but he denied my request so I denied Tang my money. 🙂

April 15, 2021
6:42 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3919

At least it was made very clear to you, they now target the folks they want and dissuade those they don't (e.g. historical rate-chasers?) instead of a general approach same to everyone. Kinda like what we all do, surround ourselves with those we like and repel those we don't, I suppose.

April 16, 2021
7:01 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9241
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Tang is just in the process of being more fully absorbed into the Scotia orbit.
They are losing net customers, as I calculated on this forum recently. I think they will be gone completely within a few years. What they are doing makes no sense. Who could be bothered with .1% interest? Such a figure doesn't really fit anywhere on the map. It's not enough to encourage anyone to leave Big Bank; and it's nowhere near competitive with the alternatives if one did choose to move.
The few who are targeted for a reasonable offer will find that those disappear after a while unless you happen to hit some mystical criteria that nobody here is aware of and thus can't meet. It's a recipe for institutional failure.
We were both cut off about a year and a half ago when we refused to increase our deposits above insured limits. I'd be even less likely to do it now!

April 16, 2021
7:14 am
gta_905
Members
Forum Posts: 15

I received my 1.5% offer after having to wait about a month from the other expired offer I had. I was hoping to onboard last month when the offer was higher, but to those who are waiting, from my own experiences it's usually a month of waiting between offers. Calling in seems to make no difference now.

April 16, 2021
7:44 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1163

gta_905 said Calling in seems to make no difference now.  

I am always a bit befuddled by businesses who ignore customer comments and demands. I would have thought they would kill to have such accurate information. Here are potential customers actually taking the time and effort to articulate exactly what they want. While not all demands can be met, the wealth of information should be golden.

Ever had a spouse/partner who always says that they want nothing for Xmas, but then are aggrieved when they actually get nothing? Any respectable marketing department should be grateful that some folks are so willing to share their wants and desires.

April 16, 2021
9:12 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 942

Loonie said
Tang is just in the process of being more fully absorbed into the Scotia orbit.
They are losing net customers, as I calculated on this forum recently. I think they will be gone completely within a few years.   

Could you provide the details again of your calculations where you conclude that Tangerine is losing net customers? I would be quite interested to see how you calculated the losing of net customers. Thx.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.