July 2020 Insight Offer | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
July 2020 Insight Offer
July 8, 2020
9:18 am
lacks
Members
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Date: July 2, 2020 to November 30, 2020
Rate: 1.85%

Action: Probably will not activate.

July 9, 2020
1:28 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

I always activate the offers....don't always use them, but you never know. Got the last offer of 2.8 (Motive's old rate..what a co-inksy-dink) just around the time Motive dropped to 2.05. I think of myself as a loyal customer, but I've always said... I can be bought. If your FI drops to under 1.8, might be useful to have the Tang offer in your back pocket.... until December at least. My last offer goes until Aug 31. Curious to see what they offer in September. With the current situation, and the way the national debt is piling up, don't think interest rates will be going up anytime soon. The Americans seem to be playing the short game, and when they are forced to shut down for a second time, our economy will be dragged down, to some extent, as well. Just my 2 cents.

July 9, 2020
6:42 am
gicjunkie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 653

I guess I would also activate the offer, but only after a phone call to Tangerine to confirm that they won't go any higher. As I stated earlier, I got 2.25% last week for 90 days and was also offered 2.00% for 6 months if I wanted. I took the 90 day rate. Give them a call before making a final decision.

July 9, 2020
9:34 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1914

lacks said

Date: July 2, 2020 to November 30, 2020
Rate: 1.85%

Action: Probably will not activate.  

I'm still on their 2.80% offer that expires on Sept 1st. Who knows what their rates will be by then❓❗

If all else fails ...I still have my 'Special Sock'.

LOL sf-laugh

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

July 9, 2020
12:35 pm
LK
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 195

I called Tangerine to see what they could offer me. I got 1.8% on (general) Savings only for 150 days. They would not offer same on the TFSA Savings. This was not an offer to automatic but what I got by phoning and asking what they could do.

July 9, 2020
7:41 pm
Yatti420
Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 413

Nothing in my insights.. I'll use EQ and Hubert for a bit..

July 10, 2020
7:42 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

LK said
I called Tangerine to see what they could offer me. I got 1.8% on (general) Savings only for 150 days. They would not offer same on the TFSA Savings. This was not an offer to automatic but what I got by phoning and asking what they could do.  

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already...go peruse the Tangerine section of the forum. Lots of stories. Maybe you can do what no one else was able to...figure out how they administer their "offers"

July 13, 2020
12:38 pm
lacks
Members
Forum Posts: 6

I don't really have an interest in calling them. Money is at EQ right now.

I am curious if they will send a different insight offer within next 4 months. There seems to be 2 or 3 different time period offers.

July 13, 2020
1:52 pm
ottawa
Members
Forum Posts: 49

LK said
They would not offer same on the TFSA Savings. This was not an offer to automatic but what I got by phoning and asking what they could do.  

At that point you might as well pull out of TFSA and put in regular, assuming you have anything. When I'm not on an offer, I find the best thing to do with Tangerine is maintain $0 balance, and wait for the next offer on "Net New Deposits".

=aw

Please write your comments in the forum.