January 2016 2.5% promo on new deposits: regular savings, TFSA, RSP | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
January 2016 2.5% promo on new deposits: regular savings, TFSA, RSP
January 7, 2016
2:31 pm
jgclghrn
Members
Forum Posts: 131
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My wife just got an e-mail about a new offer for select clients. I haven't received it.

Get a special interest rate of 2.50% on new deposits to a full portfolio of Savings Accounts.

Offer is available to Eligible Clients between January 6, 2016 and March 31, 2016 and is applicable to Tangerine Savings Accounts, Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts and Tangerine RSP Savings Accounts (“Applicable Accounts”). A number of similar Applicable Accounts (for example, 3 separate Tax-Free Savings Accounts) is defined as an “Applicable Account Type”. Offer rate will apply to net new deposits to Applicable Accounts each time the sum of the daily balances in each Applicable Account Type, to a maximum of $500,000 per Applicable Account Type, exceeds the sum of Applicable Account Type balances as at January 5, 2016. This Offer is non-transferable and is only available to Eligible Clients who receive a notification directly from Tangerine stating that they are eligible to participate in the Offer. Interest is annualized, calculated daily and paid monthly, is current as of January 6, 2016, and is subject to change without notice. For full offer details, please visit our full terms and conditions.

January 16, 2016
11:36 am
me
Members
Forum Posts: 2

I was initially offer 2%for 6 month's and declined. .moved funds out. Now they won't offer me anything as I have no money in account...seems they are playing hard ball as I have been a long time player of the system.my guess is once the boc cuts rates next week pc and tangerine will come up with a new offer

January 16, 2016
6:48 pm
dentgal
Members
Forum Posts: 206

Get a special interest rate of 2.34% on new deposits to a full portfolio† of Savings Accounts

Whether you’re saving for a longer-term goal, such as retirement, or a shorter-term one, like an upcoming vacation, you can now earn a special great rate on each of the Savings Accounts you choose for these savings goals. From now until March 31, 2016, you can earn 2.34% interest on new deposits into Tangerine Savings Accounts, RSP Savings Accounts and Tax-Free Savings Accounts*.

Got this ad about a week ago. I wish i got the 2.5!!!

Newbie, i had the same problem a few months ago. I moved the money and they didn't offer anything. Until now. Hang in there and they will go fishing for your money again.

Also going to try zag.....can't find a GIC to match zag's 2.5 for 2 yrs.

Please write your comments in the forum.