Earn 5.50% interest until August 31, 2024 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Earn 5.50% interest until August 31, 2024
April 4, 2024
8:23 am
money6can
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Earn 5.50% interest until August 31, 2024."

I joined just to comment this is the offer I got with Tangerine. Savings Account. From Insights.
I don't trust DUCA to uphold the 6% offer long-term, I don't even know the end date on my end, I saw June but I can't find information on the promo for my account at all. Even though it's .50% less on Tangerine it's reliable and longer than DUCA's offer.

April 4, 2024
9:13 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 835

Yes, I got the same one. Accepted. Duca’s 6% deal ends at the end of June (or whenever they decide).

April 4, 2024
10:22 am
cgouimet
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

money6can said
"Earn 5.50% interest until August 31, 2024."

I joined just to comment this is the offer I got with Tangerine. Savings Account. From Insights.
I don't trust DUCA to uphold the 6% offer long-term, I don't even know the end date on my end, I saw June but I can't find information on the promo for my account at all. Even though it's .50% less on Tangerine it's reliable and longer than DUCA's offer.  

Spouse's 5.75% ended 03/31. Nothing new to replace it, yet... sf-frownsf-cry

CGO
April 4, 2024
1:41 pm
MattS
Members
Forum Posts: 144

The DUCA AGM emails came out.. we can ask a lot of our questions through some link they provide if any are inclined to

April 4, 2024
2:22 pm
zgic
Members
Forum Posts: 113

I guess lot of people bolted out of Tangerine due to the meagre 4.75% which I got and some were given even 4.25% I think.
I guess Tangerine goes by the slogan that people want them and not the other way around where they want people. Not a Good way of doing business.

April 4, 2024
2:32 pm
Lodown
Members
Forum Posts: 196

MattS said
The DUCA AGM emails came out.. we can ask a lot of our questions through some link they provide if any are inclined to  

This is part of what the email says:
"Your voice matters.
As we prepare for the meeting, we encourage all Members to share any questions or comments you may have for DUCA's leadership team, using the link below by April 15."
Your valuable feedback will play a key role in shaping the AGM presentation. While we may not be able to address every question individually during the meeting, we will do our best to cover as many topics as possible."

Haha, joke is on us again...our Voice Matters...only if they decide it matters! ...that is what they mean by, "While we may not be able to address every question individually during the meeting". Once again they have Duca'd us.

April 4, 2024
4:42 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1116

zgic said
I guess lot of people bolted out of Tangerine due to the meagre 4.75% which I got

I know, we have been spoiled by 6% promos, but 4.75% is OK for me. I accepted and moved $$$ to Tangerine.

April 4, 2024
5:39 pm
zgic
Members
Forum Posts: 113

Alexandre said
I know, we have been spoiled by 6% promos, but 4.75% is OK for me. I accepted and moved $$$ to Tangerine.  

But my problem is now they are giving 5.50%. There was no need to offer lower rates as there have been no cuts in interest rates.

April 4, 2024
5:39 pm
MarkFog
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 62

zgic said
I guess lot of people bolted out of Tangerine due to the meagre 4.75% which I got and some were given even 4.25% I think.
I guess Tangerine goes by the slogan that people want them and not the other way around where they want people. Not a Good way of doing business.  

Are you kidding? My Re-renewal promo from Tangerine was 3.75% and now I see they are targeting 5.50% offers? I opened a new account at CIBC for 5.75% and got my money out.

April 5, 2024
4:50 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2885

zgic said

But my problem is now they are giving 5.50%. There was no need to offer lower rates as there have been no cuts in interest rates.  

Their existence is to pay the min in deposit rates, so to max profit. Its totally necessary to try to offer the lowest rate possible and see who would bite.

April 5, 2024
4:57 am
Alexandre
Members

zgic said

It is true capitalism: they tweak their promo rate offer until they have the right demand for it. I fail to see anything wrong with that.

April 5, 2024
7:12 am
InterestThis
Members
Forum Posts: 273

Has anyone ever had Tang monkey with or reduce their Promo rate in the middle of a promo? Of course they can do it, but have they?
In other words, has Tang ever pulled a DUCA?

April 5, 2024
7:16 am
InterestThis
Members

Did anyone get the 5.25% offer, and not the 5.5%?

April 5, 2024
7:55 am
Alexandre
Members

InterestThis said
Has anyone ever had Tang monkey with or reduce their Promo rate in the middle of a promo? Of course they can do it, but have they?

Not in my many years and accepting all Tangerine offers experience. They pulled other tricks, but not promo rate change.

April 5, 2024
10:15 am
HermanH
Members
Forum Posts: 1167

InterestThis said

Yes, I've seen Tang terminate a promo offer prematurely. I do not remember the details, but I believe it was in 2022. I only know of this because it happened to me.

April 5, 2024
11:20 am
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 835

Alexandre said

Not in my many years and accepting all Tangerine offers experience. They pulled other tricks, but not promo rate change.  

Same here. Lots of offers over the years. No surprises. No complaints. They play this game by the rules.

April 5, 2024
12:36 pm
davidgeorge
Members
Forum Posts: 295

InterestThis said
Did anyone get the 5.25% offer, and not the 5.5%?  

Yes, I was offered 5.25%.
Screenshot-2024-04-05-153359.png

April 5, 2024
1:00 pm
InterestThis
Members

Thanks yes some got the 5.25%, same details as other times.
------------------
On new deposits to your eligible Tangerine Savings Account(s), including RSP, TFSA and US$

April 5, 2024
1:03 pm
RaySee
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Is it a "new money" promo or "leave it where it is"?

Mine is up at the end of April and I need to know if I should transfer out May 1.

April 5, 2024
1:16 pm
InterestThis
Members

RaySee said
Is it a "new money" promo or "leave it where it is"?

Mine is up at the end of April and I need to know if I should transfer out May 1.  

New money, its almost always new money.
------------------------
Promotional Interest
“Promotional Interest” is the interest earned on Eligible Deposits made to Applicable Accounts each day during the Offer Period. “Eligible Deposits” for any day during the Offer Period is the excess of (i) the sum of end-of-day balances in all Applicable Accounts per Applicable Account Type (excluding Promotional Interest) over (ii) the sum of end-of-day balances in all Applicable Accounts per Applicable Account Type as at April 3, 2024, to a maximum of $1,000,000 (in the currency of the Applicable Account), subject to the exclusions in Section 10 below.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.