April 2019 targeted new-money offer, 2½% until September 30 | Tangerine Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
April 2019 targeted new-money offer, 2½% until September 30
April 4, 2019
9:10 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6679
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Received an e-mail with this targeted offer:

A Promotional Interest rate of 2.50% will apply to Eligible Deposits made to Tangerine Savings Accounts, RSP Savings Accounts and Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts ("Applicable Accounts") from April 4, 2019 to September 30, 2019. Multiple Applicable Accounts of the same type (e.g., 3 separate TFSAs) are defined as an "Applicable Account Type". Promotional Interest is earned on Eligible Deposits made between April 4, 2019 and September 30, 2019 of up to $1,000,000 per Applicable Account Type. This Offer is only available to Clients who have received this communication about the Offer directly from Tangerine and who Activate and receive a Confirmation that the Offer has been successfully activated as outlined in the full Offer Terms and Conditions. …

Would have preferred their earlier March 2¾% targeted offer.

April 4, 2019
10:23 pm
Vatox
Members
Forum Posts: 1218

My current offer ends April 30. I wonder if they will offer me something.

April 5, 2019
4:57 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890

Couple of days ago my promo expired, I called, said I just thought I'd check before I went through the bother of transferring out, CSR said 2.3% was best he could do, I said no thanks. He asked if I wanted a callback from another person in a couple of days, I said ok, I'll keep my dough there 2 days max. Got 2.5% offer for 6 months the next day, as long as I keep total of $50k in my 2 savings accounts. I said sure, thank you very much.

April 5, 2019
7:35 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6679

Until now, I haven't received any offers from Tangerine since my last offer with them expired late last year.

I did contact them after the last offer expired. The CSR was not able to offer me anything competitive.

April 5, 2019
10:27 am
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

Bill said
Couple of days ago my promo expired, I called, said I just thought I'd check before I went through the bother of transferring out, CSR said 2.3% was best he could do, I said no thanks. He asked if I wanted a callback from another person in a couple of days, I said ok, I'll keep my dough there 2 days max. Got 2.5% offer for 6 months the next day, as long as I keep total of $50k in my 2 savings accounts. I said sure, thank you very much.  

Same thing happened to me, except I got a lower 2.0% rate by the CSR, and the callback person offered 2.3%. I wasn't told I needed to keep a minimum balance though. I moved out my money out the same day to Hubert for 2.5% without any necessary games.

April 5, 2019
10:37 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

By phone. Today i was offered 2.5% on all money (old and new) with a minimum deposit of 50k in savings, for 6 months. If the savings account drops below 50k, the rate was reduced to 1.something%. I said, NO. Transfer my money to my linked account. The transfer was initiated and the confirmation email was sent.

April 5, 2019
11:07 am
Kidd
Banned
Forum Posts: 840

Added edit. Do you need a reason why to say... NO? New clients at tangerine are still being offered 2.75% for 6 months. So. tangerine are openly, bluntly calling us their 3rd rate clients. STAND up for yourself unless you believe tangerine are right... are you a 3rd rate client?

April 5, 2019
11:39 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

My tangerine has initial balance mod 1000 left. I left the chump change behind, so I'm standing up for myself. Tangerine also only offered me 2.3%. I don't have to do anything and am gettign 2.5% at Hubert.

April 6, 2019
6:00 am
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

Tangerine is always interesting. The offer I received and activated was 2.75% until Sept 30, 2019.

April 6, 2019
4:07 pm
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3890

Kidd, guess I just don't care enough to get upset about what tier of client I happen to fall into for Tangerine. It's just a business transaction, nothing personal, and I'll act accordingly on my end. I like to stay under the CDIC limits so my savings account/GIC dough is in various places at various rates anyway, I'll keep some here and move some elsewhere, I'm getting more than some folks and less than others, and my life in Canada in 2019 remains still pretty sweet so I'll just roll with that for now.

April 6, 2019
5:05 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4201

Tangerine's got to offer me 3% (50 bps better than Hubert) for me to bring my deposit business back to them. sf-cool

I'm willing to accept a bit less and support a credit union, so that's why their HISA rate has to be 3% for it to be worth my while.

Cheers,
Doug

April 13, 2019
10:18 pm
cindybindie
Members
Forum Posts: 2

The offer I received and activated was 2.5% on all money until April 10, 2020. They called it a liquid rate and I would need to keep a min. balance. If I go below the min. balance, the rate goes to 2.3%. I then have 60 days to bring balance back up and the rate goes back to 2.5%.

I originally had 3.15% on all money that ended in March.

April 14, 2019
8:38 am
_Ax
YYZ
Members
Forum Posts: 20

cindybindie said
The offer I received and activated was 2.5% on all money until April 10, 2020. They called it a liquid rate and I would need to keep a min. balance. If I go below the min. balance, the rate goes to 2.3%. I then have 60 days to bring balance back up and the rate goes back to 2.5%.

I originally had 3.15% on all money that ended in March.  

I got the same offer today but am still gonna move out as there are better options available… 🙂

Will come back to Tangerine once they have a competitive offer…

Please write your comments in the forum.