2.75 % for 270 days on ENTIRE BALANCE - NEW Targeted Offer from Tangerine Marketing Department | Page 2 | Tangerine Bank (formerly ING Direct) | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2.75 % for 270 days on ENTIRE BALANCE - NEW Targeted Offer from Tangerine Marketing Department
April 6, 2018
1:21 pm
GoldenLion
Members
Forum Posts: 10
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Tangerine rep phoned me and offered 270 day @2.75% on new and existing savings account balance up to $500,000. Most of the money I had at Tangerine had already been moved to Duca savings account @ 3.15% until the end of May. The one year Oaken GIC @2.75% got my attention but I do not want to exceed the CIDC limit at Home Trust and Home Bank.

April 11, 2018
7:13 pm
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 88

Just an FYI. I got the 2.75% for 270 days. I wrote an email to tangerine ombudsman saying; I was felt it unfair why some clients ie a family member in this case, whom was a newer member with a smaller balance, was granted this rate and not myself.
I just received a call from a supervisor whom was unable to tell me how the clients are chosen by the marketing team. I than asked for marketing to call. Supervisor put me on hold, and came back with the 270 days at 2.75% starting today.

When in doubt don't take no for an answer

April 16, 2018
2:03 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 825

Neither my wife nor I have received a call; however she just noticed this in her account today:

Activate Your Special Savings Rate Offer Today
You’re Eligible for a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. Here’s how you can start earning 2.75% interest* on new deposits made to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s):

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by April 30th
New deposits made to your Applicable Accounts from April 4 to August 31, 2018 will earn your special rate of 2.75%

Once You’ve Activated, Here’s How It Will Work:

We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) as they were on April 3, 2018 to get your total balances per Account type
From April 4 to August 31, 2018, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on April 3, 2018 (up to $500,000 per Account Type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

It's a different offer than the reported phone offer since it's shorter and only on new deposits.

April 16, 2018
2:52 pm
2of3aintbad
Members
Forum Posts: 232

Yes, a new twist in this old game. I am still waiting for the phone call / account offer, as I have moved out all my funds. So it doesn't matter to me whether it is all funds or new funds.

April 16, 2018
3:20 pm
rhvic
Members
Forum Posts: 202

Peter said
Neither my wife nor I have received a call; however she just noticed this in her account today:

Activate Your Special Savings Rate Offer Today
You’re Eligible for a Special Interest Rate on Your Savings

A great savings rate could be just the thing you need to help you reach your savings goals faster. Here’s how you can start earning 2.75% interest* on new deposits made to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s) and RSP Savings Account(s):

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button below by April 30th
New deposits made to your Applicable Accounts from April 4 to August 31, 2018 will earn your special rate of 2.75%

Once You’ve Activated, Here’s How It Will Work:

We’ll total up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA and RSP Savings Account(s) as they were on April 3, 2018 to get your total balances per Account type
From April 4 to August 31, 2018, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on April 3, 2018 (up to $500,000 per Account Type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate

It's a different offer than the reported phone offer since it's shorter and only on new deposits.  

Wow, this looks like a ploy by Tangerine to hoodwink unsuspecting clients.

Let's say as of April 3 you have $100K (CDIC limit) in a savings account with them making 2.5% till the end of May. If you sign up for this offer, your $100K suddenly drops to 1.1% (the offer is for new money only!) to the end of August. Only new deposits will get the 2.75% rate.

No thanks!

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.