Simplii Financial Extends its Promo from March 1- June 30, 2018 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Simplii Financial Extends its Promo from March 1- June 30, 2018
February 23, 2018
9:32 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@20 - Because that is for new clients opening their first bank account.

"Right now, when you become a new Tangerine Client by May 31, 2018 and open your first Tangerine Savings Account, Tax-Free Savings Account or RSP Savings Account, you could earn 2.50% interest for six months**."

February 24, 2018
2:01 pm
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 104

I've been a customer for a while now. I just called them and asked for it. I noted I knew other existing customers were receiving the 2.5% and they happily obliged

February 24, 2018
6:09 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

tcharger67 said
I've been a customer for a while now. I just called them and asked for it. I noted I knew other existing customers were receiving the 2.5% and they happily obliged  

That's good to know. I don't really enjoy the practice of calling and asking for a good rate by phone. I feel like I am begging them which I will never do.

I will use the online chat on Monday and ask them. If they say yes, I will move it from Simplii to Tangerine.

Thanks for the heads up. They are probably reading this and won't accept my request. 😀

February 24, 2018
11:03 pm
implode
Members
Forum Posts: 167

No extension offered to me at Simplii. Looks like it'll be back to Tangerine.

February 25, 2018
10:04 am
Winnie
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 462

tcharger67 said

I've been a customer from 2007 (PC Financial), but when I called 2 days ago and politely asked for 2.5% rate, they told me, that I was not selected for that 2.5% rate promotion at this time.

It's not, that I really need that Simplii 2.5% rate, I just basically decided to call and find out how Simplii will treat me.

February 25, 2018
10:19 am
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 465

No new offer for me from Simplii, despite being a customer at PC from the start. So, my funds are all going to Coast Capital's 4% GIC. But my strategy at CC will be to get 4 GICs at 25K each, so that if in the next 33 months I do need some funds, I won't have to cash in the entire 100K.

Meanwhile my other cash will rest at Ideal for 2.5% till Dec. 31, and with Tang at 2.5% til the end of May. My funds go to the highest bidder!

February 25, 2018
11:11 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2747

Save2Retire@55 said
I will use the online chat on Monday and ask them. If they say yes, I will move it from Simplii to Tangerine.

Do they still have online chat ? I remembered using it last year but I could not find it anywhere now on their menu (under contact us) after l log in into my account ? If its still avail, can someone kindly point out where it is now ?

February 25, 2018
12:46 pm
GreatWhiteNorth
Members
Forum Posts: 40

So can anyone update me on any applicable transaction limits at the new Simpli?
Have a sizable amount to move to Simpli checking, then push to Tangerine.
Assume I'll initiate March 1 after Simpli's 3% expires.
Can I do any amount or ?

February 25, 2018
12:56 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members
Forum Posts: 252

GreatWhiteNorth said
Can I do any amount or ?  

The PUSHING out limit from Simplii is $ 100 K per transaction, not per day.

So you can do multiple $ 100 K transactions one after another.

You can PULL from Tangerine your funds for more than $ 100 K in one go.

Better to do a PULL from Tangerine than a PUSH from Simplii.

When you do a PUSH from Simplii for 1 day the funds disappear somewhere giving you a heart attack - you can neither see them in Simplii nor in Tangerine and you don't see them in PENDING transactions in Simplii either sf-surprised

Its like they disappear somewhere in LIMBO & there is NO record of it anywheresf-yell

February 25, 2018
1:01 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

savemoresaveoften said

Save2Retire@55 said

Do they still have online chat ? I remembered using it last year but I could not find it anywhere now on their menu (under contact us) after l log in into my account ? If its still avail, can someone kindly point out where it is now ?  

I don't think they have that Chat anymore. Plus it was pretty useless, the chat reps were clueless.

Whenever I asked them some detailed question & specifics, they would ask me to call their CS number ! The chat reps just had some superficial knowledge, which you could find on their website anyway.

I asked them I want to make my account Joint, how do I do it. They said call in & they will let you know.

February 25, 2018
2:24 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

GreatWhiteNorth said
Can I do any amount or ?  

I just called 1888 number to push the amount more than 100k without any problem, but my holding time is 37 minutes today Sunday.

February 25, 2018
2:26 pm
GreatWhiteNorth
Members
Forum Posts: 40

rfdm4g4g9 said

The PUSHING out limit from Simplii is $ 100 K per transaction, not per day.

So you can do multiple $ 100 K transactions one after another.

You can PULL from Tangerine your funds for more than $ 100 K in one go.

Better to do a PULL from Tangerine than a PUSH from Simplii.

When you do a PUSH from Simplii for 1 day the funds disappear somewhere giving you a heart attack - you can neither see them in Simplii nor in Tangerine and you don't see them in PENDING transactions in Simplii either sf-surprised

Its like they disappear somewhere in LIMBO & there is NO record of it anywheresf-yell  

OK, thanks.
Pulling results in a long hold on the $ at Tangerine.
Plus Tangerine limits how many accounts can be linked which is an issue.
Keep the transaction confirmation info; that's your record, so a non issue even for a weak heart 🙂

February 25, 2018
2:31 pm
Brimleychen
Members
Forum Posts: 258

Even after calling and asking for reference, I still refreshed the online banking pending transfer, and captured the transaction screen for record. You never know what will happen and there is no branch you can go to:-)

February 25, 2018
8:00 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

Brimleychen said
I just called 1888 number to push the amount more than 100k without any problem, but my holding time is 37 minutes today Sunday.  

If you call in, its always more.

But if you try to do it self service Online, they will limit it to $ 100 K per transaction.

I think Tangerine limits it to $ 50 K per day online, not even per transaction if you try to push money out of Tangerine. But if you call in, they will even move $ 1 Million for you if you want.

February 25, 2018
8:03 pm
rfdm4g4g9
Members

GreatWhiteNorth said

OK, thanks.
Pulling results in a long hold on the $ at Tangerine.
Plus Tangerine limits how many accounts can be linked which is an issue.
Keep the transaction confirmation info; that's your record, so a non issue even for a weak heart 🙂  

Yes, Pulling will result in a hold at Tangerine, but your money will earn interest while its on hold. So unless you need the money immediately or want to transfer t elsewhere, Pulling should be fine.

February 26, 2018
9:32 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138

Does this interest extension also mean the interest payout is now pushed out to mid July ?

February 26, 2018
9:35 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138

I just called Simplii and they said there is no extension to the current promotion and are unaware of any new promotions. Go figure ?

February 26, 2018
9:48 am
gamgam
Members
Forum Posts: 109

Simplii told me it is a targeted promo offering 1.75% to 2.5% from March 1 to June 30. Those that receive the email receive the promo. I was one that did not receive the email and Simplii will not give me anything more that their 1.1%

February 26, 2018
9:49 am
saver333
Members
Forum Posts: 12

bhuc said
Does this interest extension also mean the interest payout is now pushed out to mid July ?  

I sure hope not! I'm nervous enough as it is and want to see that March payment as confirmation that they're going to be paying out! Doesn't inspire confidence that they never could say when the March payment was going to be. I did confirm today that they have been paying the monthly ~1%, however.

February 26, 2018
9:51 am
saver333
Members
Forum Posts: 12

Sorry to all who didn't get the offer .. and to all those they don't actually pay out to in the end (hopefully never the case!).

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.