PCF down to 1.20% | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
PCF down to 1.20%
April 22, 2009
10:08 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Members
Forum Posts: 310
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

PCF down to 1.20% 🙁

djino
"Christ!"

April 22, 2009
12:02 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

Another interesting drop is that for balances under $1,000, you get 0.5% instead of 1.0%. It had been at 1% for years.

April 22, 2009
5:39 pm
RayF
Guests

djino said:

PCF down to 1.20% (

djino
"Christ!"

Down down down like a buring ring of fire! RayF
April 23, 2009
11:43 pm
Donny
Guests

I realize it all hinges on the Bank of Canada rate...it falls, the banks follow suit.

But they have all my cash in their hands to lend out to others at a substantially higher rate, and pay me such a pittance in order for their business to profit? It was 4.25% when I opened it. Had I known it would fall this low, I'd have been better off stashing it under my mattress.

*grumble*

April 24, 2009
6:15 am
Max
Members
Forum Posts: 208

I consider any interest rate below 2% pretty much ridiculous since it doesn't even cover the inflation rate.

I think I will have to withdraw all the money from ICICI and hide it under my mattress like you. I still do not have the possibily to replace my mattress by bills of 100$ like ROC.

The day you become free is the day you work for fun.

April 24, 2009
6:59 pm
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

I called PCF the other day, and on the phone, the rep said - I see you have several external accounts linked...don't you find it hard to keep track of all those?

I said...most of them are savings accounts, and I wouldn't have to have so many if PCF had a decent rate, as lately its the worst out of most of the banks..

The rep than said...I know...I am hoping it gets better soon...and he then didn't say anything more on the external accounts.

Bet he wasn't expecting that. lol
SG

April 24, 2009
7:38 pm
djino
Members

SG said:

I said...most of them are savings accounts, and I wouldn't have to have so many if PCF had a decent rate, as lately its the worst out of most of the banks..

LoL.. nice!

djino

April 28, 2009
5:41 pm
Donny
Guests

HAHA.

After reading an online article in the Toronto Star on this very subject, among the reader comments was this little gem:

"I heard this one a while ago: If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.. With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left. If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer/wine one year ago, drank all the beer/wine, then turned in the cans/bottles for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would now have $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle."

April 29, 2009
10:51 am
Max
Members
Forum Posts: 208

AHAHAHAHA!

So true!

The day you become free is the day you work for fun.

April 29, 2009
12:12 pm
djino
Members

LoL 🙂

djino

Please write your comments in the forum.