PC Interest Plus down to 1.85% | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
PC Interest Plus down to 1.85%
March 5, 2009
11:16 am
djino
Ottawa (Gatineau, Qc Area)
Members
Forum Posts: 310
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Down to 1.85% - A New Low for PCF.

djino

March 5, 2009
8:54 pm
James
Members
Forum Posts: 188
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Confirmed. Thanks for your efforts djino! You're always first to give us these updates and it is much appreciated!

Given the awful customer service I have experienced at PCF, and now this disproportionate drop in interest rate, I'm considering pulling what funds I still have there.

Interestingly, if any of you are staying with PCF, the regular 'no fee bank acocunt' now offers a higher rate (2%) than the 'interest plus account' on balances over $25,000.

(remember if you have a lot of cash to move: it will take at least one day to transfer funds with PCF and there is a limit of $50,000 on each of your transfers)

March 6, 2009
5:29 am
Mike
Guests

Argh!

(shaking my head at PCF)

I've been with PC for 11 years now, since they first opened their doors as a "bank". In the beginning, it was awesome customer service, I'd recommend PC to anyone who had a second to listen.

For the past few years their customer service quality has dropped off a cliff...and aparently so has their savings rates! Frustrating to say the least.

I still have 2 accounts with them (checking/savings) but don't keep much money in there anymore, its in HSBC right now earning that 3.25% (till March 16th anyways) and ATB 3.4% 1yr GIC...We should list ATB here at their Springboard Savings® Account is 1.85% and 100% guaranteed (vs $100k CDIC)

At least PC still offers free banking still.

Mike

Please write your comments in the forum.