New client offer - 2.2% until Apr 30, 2022 | Page 2 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New client offer - 2.2% until Apr 30, 2022
December 23, 2021
7:20 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6768
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Loonie said

If these are the issues the poster is facing, then Simplii ought to be able to tell them this so that they can fix it.

It isn't clear to me what the issues are.

On the first attempt to establish the link to the external account, Simplii received the void cheque but lost the accompanying form. Same on the following three attempts? I find that hard to believe!

December 23, 2021
7:36 am
frustrated
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Believe it!!! They got what they asked for originally by mail... and it was a real bank issued void cheque. The paperwork they lost.

Instructed to fill out form and online and submit. Not found by them.

Instructed to mail another. Not found by them.

Instructed to fill out print, sign and email. No luck after 7 business days.

I am not stupid and have jumped thru all hoops as instructed after multiple phone calls.

I am done.

December 23, 2021
7:38 am
canadian.100
Members
Forum Posts: 944

Norman1 said

Loonie said

If these are the issues the poster is facing, then Simplii ought to be able to tell them this so that they can fix it.

It isn't clear to me what the issues are.

On the first attempt to establish the link to the external account, Simplii received the void cheque but lost the accompanying form. Same on the following three attempts? I find that hard to believe!  

"....three attempts...." I would not have bothered if I would have had to resend documents 3 times. Fortunately I have not had such issues with Simplii - links were done properly the first time I sent the docs to them - they even accepted the EQ cheque printout.

December 23, 2021
8:26 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

Just curious, frustrated, have you had any dealings with CIBC/Simplii in the past?

December 23, 2021
9:16 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245

canadian.100 said

"....three attempts...." I would not have bothered if I would have had to resend documents 3 times. Fortunately I have not had such issues with Simplii - links were done properly the first time I sent the docs to them - they even accepted the EQ cheque printout.  

You seemed doubtful earlier when I said I didn't deal with Simplii because of problems reported. Here we have yet another one. I'm sure it works for enough people to keep it in business, but not enough that problems go unnoticed.

December 23, 2021
9:53 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6768

I agree. Simplii ought to let the person know what the issue is. But, sometimes there is a problem with the workflow not handling issues properly.

HermanH and Mom ran into a lot of hassle at EQ Bank when they tried to transfer Mom's TFSA from ScotiaBank. The transfer requests were being repeatedly rejected by Scotiabank because Mom's signature on the requests was not guaranteed by EQ Bank.

It looks like some dimwits, who did EQ Bank's computer system, decided to record the rejections but not the reasons! So, the EQ Bank customer agents could only see that transfer requests were being rejected by Scotiabank and not why. HermanH eventually found the actual reasons by contacting Scotiabank.

I wouldn't be surprised if Simplii just tossed those last three attempts because the submissions only had the form and not the required void cheque!

December 23, 2021
10:32 am
canadian.100
Members

Loonie said

You seemed doubtful earlier when I said I didn't deal with Simplii because of problems reported. Here we have yet another one. I'm sure it works for enough people to keep it in business, but not enough that problems go unnoticed.  

I have been around long enough not to believe everything I read - particularly in this blog. I know that FIs can never please everyone. In any case, Simplii worked just fine for family and friends (word of mouth) who used them before I did - and I have had no problems so far. In the event Simplii does not provide the service I expect, they will be history. There are lots of other FIs around to choose from. I have certainly booted a few in the past like Meridian, Luminus and other Credit Unions.

December 23, 2021
10:57 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

For the record I've never had any issues with Simplii, everything smooth, but I opened my accounts back when they opened up, when Boomers were still running the world sf-wink

December 23, 2021
12:22 pm
canadian.100
Members

Bill said
For the record I've never had any issues with Simplii, everything smooth, but I opened my accounts back when they opened up, when Boomers were still running the world sf-wink  

Glad to hear another person has "reported" satisfaction and "no issues" with Simplii. So Loonie, there are at least two satisfied Simplii clients. sf-smile

December 23, 2021
1:42 pm
Loonie
Members

I'm not surpirsed. I imagine you could rustle up more than two!
But I thought you said you didn't believe everything you read, particularly on this blog?

December 23, 2021
5:10 pm
canadian.100
Members

Loonie said
I'm not surpirsed. I imagine you could rustle up more than two!
But I thought you said you didn't believe everything you read, on this blog?  

While I don't believe "everything" i.e. every posting on this blog - there are posters whom I do believe - I think Bill is a truthful poster and I fully believe his posting about being satisfied with Simplii.

December 23, 2021
6:35 pm
Loonie
Members

Ah, selective acceptance or denial - just like the rest of us!

There is a human tendency to believe people with whom we are already in agreement. This makes it harder to distinguish truth from falsehood.

Why don't you believe the OP, then?

December 23, 2021
7:01 pm
canadian.100
Members

Loonie said
Ah, selective acceptance or denial - just like the rest of us!

There is a human tendency to believe people with whom we are already in agreement. This makes it harder to distinguish truth from falsehood.

Why don't you believe the OP, then?  

Please do not bully me.

March 8, 2022
7:48 pm
mordko
Members
Forum Posts: 824

Probably a silly question…

I got the 2.2% deal from Simplii but now accepted a 2.8% deal from Tangerine. Yes, I am an interest rate slut.

Can I move most of the money out of Simplii now or should I wait until April 30th? Is it:
1. Simplii won’t pay the bonus interest at all on any money withdrawn before April 30th or
2. They still pay bonus interest for the period up to the time of withdrawal.

Thanks

March 8, 2022
8:20 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

mordko said
Probably a silly question…

I got the 2.2% deal from Simplii but now accepted a 2.8% deal from Tangerine. Yes, I am an interest rate slut.

Can I move most of the money out of Simplii now or should I wait until April 30th? Is it:
1. Simplii won’t pay the bonus interest at all on any money withdrawn before April 30th or
2. They still pay bonus interest for the period up to the time of withdrawal.

Thanks  

2. is correct. Suggest you leave at least $1 in Simplii's account. The bonus interest would likely be paid around mid-May 2022.

May 11, 2022
3:17 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

This promo interest was posted on May 9th ... That's all folks!

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.