3% Promo. high interest savings from July 1, 2019-October 31,2019 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
3% Promo. high interest savings from July 1, 2019-October 31,2019
July 4, 2019
10:40 am
zhong
Members
Forum Posts: 13
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I got targeted 3% Promo. high interest savings from July 1, 2019-October 31,2019.

3PromoJul01-Oct312019s-1.jpg

I don't think it is useful for me for the funds there are already in extended promo
that end last month, June 2019. Since 3% is only for new funds added starting this month.
So I will will be transferring them elsewhere that earn higher interest than 1.15% which is their regular interest rate.

What do guys same in my situation plan to do ?

Thanks

Zhong

July 4, 2019
12:44 pm
Retiredfa
Members
Forum Posts: 18

Won't help you now but the trick with Simplii is to move funds out just before the current offer expires. For example, their previous offer ended June 30, 2019 so I moved funds out last week such that my remaining HISA balance at Simplii was about $0 on June 30th. That said, I have not (yet?) been offered the new 3% July-October promotion. Sigh ...

July 4, 2019
1:15 pm
zhong
Members

Simplii won't disqualify you from receiving the promo interest that ended in June, if you move it out earlier before the end of the month? Or just won't be getting only the promo interest after the days it was withdrawn. If it was a Scotia bank promo. you would be disqualified in get all the promo interest.

Thanks

Zhong

Retiredfa said
Won't help you now but the trick with Simplii is to move funds out just before the current offer expires. For example, their previous offer ended June 30, 2019 so I moved funds out last week such that my remaining HISA balance at Simplii was about $0 on June 30th. That said, I have not (yet?) been offered the new 3% July-October promotion. Sigh ...  

July 4, 2019
3:34 pm
Retiredfa
Members
Forum Posts: 18

It worked in the past, but I have no clue as to how they select clients for this kind of offer.

July 4, 2019
4:04 pm
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

Well, Simplii offered just 2.5% "especially for me."

2.5-interest-rate.JPG

I am going to decline. My money is getting better interest rate elsewhere during this promo period.

July 9, 2019
3:36 pm
suzhuz
Members
Forum Posts: 11

Something is weird with Simplii. They offered 2.5% bonus interest on new deposits from July 1-Oct.31/19 which I accepted online but never got an email confirmation. I called and it hadn't gone through so they signed me up but I still didn't get a confirmation. I called to request an email confirmation which they sent but it never arrived. I called again and gave them a different email account and they sent the confirmation again. They said it would take up to TWO HOURS to arrive in my IN box. Well, it's been over two hours and still no confirmation. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had success getting a confirmation of this latest offer.

July 9, 2019
3:49 pm
GICinvestor
Members
Forum Posts: 670

Did you check your junk or spam email folder? And do you have their email address in your contacts list?

July 9, 2019
5:31 pm
Jim Sherat
Members
Forum Posts: 154

I too, just got the 2.5% promo, but was not astute enough to exit from prior promo before June 28th; no sign of the promo interest in my account yet, from that one, which ended June 30th; Anyone have insight into when to expect it ? ... and no, I haven't called a CSR yet 🙂

So since my cash is still sitting in my Simplii "HISA" at 1.15% or whatever, what is the best option, without locking into a GIC ? ... maybe DUCA Credit Union ?
I believe you can get 3% through Jan 31, 2020 if less that $100K ?
Thanks.

July 9, 2019
7:15 pm
zhong
Members

I got this reply when I sent a P.M. message on their Facebook page-

"We wouldn't be able to provide an exact date but any promotional interest accrued will be credited to your account by the end of July. "

I understand Motive offers 2.8% in their H.I.S. and Tangerine offers 2.75% for 6 months new customers opening H.I.S. account.

As for DUCA Credit Union they discriminate against other Canadian provinces, if you not residing in Ontario then you can't apply for a H.I.S. account with them. That is my understanding.

Zhong

Jim Sherat said
I too, just got the 2.5% promo, but was not astute enough to exit from prior promo before June 28th; no sign of the promo interest in my account yet, from that one, which ended June 30th; Anyone have insight into when to expect it ? ... and no, I haven't called a CSR yet 🙂

So since my cash is still sitting in my Simplii "HISA" at 1.15% or whatever, what is the best option, without locking into a GIC ? ... maybe DUCA Credit Union ?
Thanks.  

Jim Sherat said

Thanks.  

July 9, 2019
9:12 pm
suzhuz
Members
Forum Posts: 11

Has anyone accepted the July 1 to Oct. 31, 2019 bonus interest offer and actually got an email confirmation?

July 10, 2019
5:51 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1107

suzhuz said
Has anyone accepted the July 1 to Oct. 31, 2019 bonus interest offer and actually got an email confirmation?  

Despite what I've said in previous post, I've decided to accept 2.5% offer - a lot could happen between now and November 1st, so having an extra option won't hurt. Not that I'll be depositing money there any time soon.

I've got email confirmation rather promptly.

Simplii-Email-confirmation-for-bonus-interest.JPG

July 10, 2019
7:41 am
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

Their algorithm better to keep 0 balance or a few cents to increase chance of being targeted? Can't find mailbox in simplii?

July 14, 2019
11:17 am
Bee N Bee
Members
Forum Posts: 1

i received on offer 3% while doing online banking... accepted it but did not get confirmation so i called today... CSR re-registered me and email confirmation came while i was still on the phone with her... i think last time i did it, it also went down the same way, i self registered, waited for email, then called... and was re-registered...

July 14, 2019
9:06 pm
Bud
Banned
Forum Posts: 1375

What u mean bee
Is simplii accepting call-in requests for 3% promo?

July 18, 2019
8:37 pm
uniQChick
Members
Forum Posts: 34

@zhong, @Jim Sherat,
Received my promotional interest on July 12.

November 5, 2019
1:06 pm
lancedragons
Members
Forum Posts: 16

Anyone received their bonus interest from the July-October 3% promo?

November 16, 2019
10:54 am
Bob
Members
Forum Posts: 10

lancedragons said
Anyone received their bonus interest from the July-October 3% promo?  

Usually takes 2 weeks to see the promotional interest in your account. On the 16th still not seen anything sf-frown

November 23, 2019
9:24 am
Bob
Members
Forum Posts: 10

Finally received on the 21st. Now moving money to B2B sf-wink

Please write your comments in the forum.