2% until August 31, 2012 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2% until August 31, 2012
May 3, 2012
2:29 am
André
Guests

PCF is now offering 2% on all new money until end of August 2012: bank account, savings accounts and registered savings accounts qualify. All you have to do, is talk to a rep. at a pavilion and put the new money into one of these accounts or open up a new one.

Not bad to get 2% on your payroll deposit

Disclosure edit: André works for PC Financial

May 3, 2012
7:05 pm
Guests

I'm already getting 2% so why should I move it to PCF when I know they will pull the rug out in August. They're going to have to do a lot better than that. No thanks.

May 4, 2012
4:08 pm
serge
Guests

guest said:

I'm already getting 2% so why should I move it to PCF when I know they will pull the rug out in August. They're going to have to do a lot better than that. No thanks.

where are you getting 2%

May 4, 2012
10:18 pm
Guests

serge said:

where are you getting 2%

Most everywhere. Just check the Comparison Chart and pick your favourite place.

May 5, 2012
7:39 pm
mel1stef
Guests

so 2% even on no-fee banking?

May 6, 2012
10:22 am
Maxi
Guests

Don't mix up getting a great rate on your savings and GICs with necessarily free banking. For example, ING & PC have very good no fee banking (as does Cambrian Credit Union & Coast Capital for those that like branches), however both ING & PC have average, at best savings rates. As such, you may want to seperate your longer term savings from day to day banking. I've moved most of my savings to Achieva Financial, they have offered some of the very best rates on savings, RSP & GICs since the late 90s'. You can set-up an electronic transfer process from your bank to direct your savings. Everything is online and ask about their $1 a month credit for e-statements.

Or stay with ING for the convenience, but just know you won't get the best rates. Ohh ya, I'm sure all those long time customers at PC Financial must love the fact that new depositers get a better rate than they do!!!

June 7, 2012
8:05 pm
H Dub
Guests

How come this promo can't be found on their website?

July 17, 2012
12:35 pm
RetirEd
Guests

Is this a 2% bonus on the deposit, or a 2% interest rate on the account?
RetirEd

July 18, 2012
3:18 pm
Monju
Guests

It is a bonus interest for new deposits (including their checking account).

July 18, 2012
9:39 pm
Guests

RetirEd said:

Is this a 2% bonus on the deposit, or a 2% interest rate on the account?
RetirEd

Their interest rate is 1.35% (for over $1000) on the account, but they will top it up by 0.65% to make it 2% total interest. You don't get this bonus added until Aug. 31st when the program is good until, not at the end of each month. In order to get this special bonus rate you also must call them and register for it or you won't get it.

Please write your comments in the forum.