2.25% on new savings account deposits until December 31, 2016 | Page 4 | Simplii Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2.25% on new savings account deposits until December 31, 2016
September 17, 2016
1:52 am
Benjames35
Members
Forum Posts: 37
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think they tell people about the promos late(a week or so into it) so you don't have a chance to pull all your money out and then put it back as new money.

September 17, 2016
9:52 am
Miron
Members
Forum Posts: 111

Benjames35 said

I think they tell people about the promos late(a week or so into it) so you don't have a chance to pull all your money out and then put it back as new money.

They could do it during the same day when they are taking the balance as a start by sending an Email to all customers! At least they don't discriminate like Tangerine!

I got notified 3 more times (once when I logged into my account and twice by Email) AFTER I called them, subscribed over the phone and received the confirmation Email :)

September 17, 2016
11:26 am
2of3aintbad
Members
Forum Posts: 317

I never got an email advertising the promotion, and would not have called in to ask for it, but when offered on log in, I accepted. I waited a few days, with no email confirmation. After the first time, I never saw the offer on log in. So I phoned in and the rep confirmed that I was enrolled. Since then, I have not received any confirmation. So you got 2, and I got none.

September 17, 2016
12:43 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6750

2of3aintbad said

I never got an email advertising the promotion, and would not have called in to ask for it, but when offered on log in, I accepted. I waited a few days, with no email confirmation. After the first time, I never saw the offer on log in. So I phoned in and the rep confirmed that I was enrolled. Since then, I have not received any confirmation. So you got 2, and I got none.

I received an e-mail confirmation two days after I accepted the latest 2¼% offer on log in.

Make sure the your PC Financial account has your current e-mail address. It is also possible the junk mail filter on the e-mail account thinks the messages are spam and deposited them into a spam or junk mail folder.

September 17, 2016
2:34 pm
Miron
Members
Forum Posts: 111

2of3aintbad said

They don't send an Email confirmation when you subscribe online and then when you subscribe over the phone, you have to accept it as the rep would ask if you want one... he even checked that my email address in the file is correct!

I never got an Email advertising the promotion!

September 21, 2016
6:34 am
PGS
Members
Forum Posts: 1

Good morning, this is my 1st post
After reading the comments here on a vastly improved interest rate, I also phoned Tangerine . . . . having been in Sales for 1000+ years, my experience is . . . to start 'soft' and ramp-up if needed, . . . spoke with a charming young lady who was very helpful, I mentioned the PC-F promotion, mentioned others were getting 2.5%, she checked with the supervisor and ta-da the savings accounts were updated to 2.5%, no ramping-up required. We also discussed the limitation of only 3 external bank accounts and she indicated this had been brought up previously and Tangerine was looking at it & they were/are responsive to Customer comments.
As an aside, did a 'chat' with EQ mentioned the 2.5% match, the response was "unfortunately blah, blah, blah", said thank you and made the funds transfer.
So thanks to all of you who have posted !

November 5, 2016
7:09 am
AndreasChen
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I enrolled and received email confirmation of 2.25%. However they still credited my account at 0.8% rate. This bank looks really creepy to me. Their CSR are always lying too.

November 5, 2016
8:26 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6750

The PC Financial offers usually pay all the bonus interest shortly after the end of the offer period. It is a bit different this time in that the bonus interest won't be paid if it is less than 50¢.

This is from the 2¼% Rate Promo Offer Terms and Conditions (September 1, 2016 – December 31, 2016):

The President’s Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the “Offer”) is available to all Eligible Accounts between September 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016 (the “Offer Period”).

2. The special annual interest rate of 2.25% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by President’s Choice Financial payable on an Eligible Account balance (“Regular Interest”), plus promotional interest (“Promotional Interest”) that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below.

3. The Promotional Interest is calculated on December 31, 2016 on the portion of the Eligible Account’s average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at August 31, 2016 (the “Additional Balance”) to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder’s Eligible Accounts. The daily closing balance in any Eligible Account opened during the Enrolment Period will be deemed to be $0.00 until the date a deposit is made in the Eligible Account. If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at August 31, 2016, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. Promotional Interest will not be paid on existing funds that were in a President’s Choice Financial account as at August 31, 2016 and are transferred to an Eligible Account.

4. All Promotional Interest $0.50 or over will be paid in January 2017 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. Promotional Interest will not be paid unless at least one of the primary account holder’s Eligible Accounts is active and in good standing as at December 31, 2016. If a primary account holder holds more than one Eligible Account, Promotional Interest will be paid to an Eligible Account in the following priority sequence:

a. to the primary account holder’s Interest Plus Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing; otherwise
b. to the primary account holder’s Interest First Savings Account, if it is active and in good standing.

In the event the primary account holder has more than one of the same account type, Promotional Interest will be paid to the oldest account that is active and in good standing.

November 6, 2016
4:31 pm
AndreasChen
Members
Forum Posts: 30

So tired of playing games with these idiots. If I put money in EQ I can drop money into chequing through free Interac without the one day delay.

Who cares about that 0.24% and watching them depositing the bonus interest X days later... let them go LOL.

November 7, 2016
2:55 pm
Cashen
Members
Forum Posts: 10

AndreasChen said

So tired of playing games with these idiots. If I put money in EQ I can drop money into chequing through free Interac without the one day delay.

Who cares about that 0.24% and watching them depositing the bonus interest X days later... let them go LOL.

This is normal. PC Financial has always paid out the bonus interest after the promotion is over, as opposed to Tangerine who pay it out ongoing (usually on the 1st of each month of the promotion, while regular interest gets paid on the last of the month). Anybody who's done one or two promotions with PCF before knows this, it's nothing new or shifty.

January 12, 2017
12:17 pm
mr P. Pincer
Members
Forum Posts: 28

Check for your bonus interest at PCF if you were in this one.

Just got mine finally today, wasn't there this morning, but was there when I checked at 3:09 PM.

Pulling it to Tangerine now (got the 3.25 promo this time).

January 12, 2017
6:28 pm
lhsaid
Members
Forum Posts: 166

Mr P. Pincer, are you sure you got 3.25 not 2.25 ? I got the bonus too but only 2.25.

January 12, 2017
7:44 pm
mr P. Pincer
Members
Forum Posts: 28

lhsaid said
Mr P. Pincer, are you sure you got 3.25 not 2.25 ? I got the bonus too but only 2.25.  

My apologies for the misunderstanding, I meant I got a 3.25% rate for three months from Tangerine this time around; where my funds are currently.

From PCF I got the same 2.25% rate until Dec. 31 2016 that you got.

January 13, 2017
12:11 am
rqs
Members
Forum Posts: 67

Has anyone checked the calculation of the 1.5% promo interest they just received? It appears to be light by my calculation. Since the regular Sept-Dec interest was at .75% , you should be able to just double that to get to the 1.50% (after deducting .75% for 4 months on the August ending balance)

January 13, 2017
3:20 am
2of3aintbad
Members
Forum Posts: 317

rqs said
Has anyone checked the calculation of the 1.5% promo interest they just received? It appears to be light by my calculation. Since the regular Sept-Dec interest was at .75% , you should be able to just double that to get to the 1.50% (after deducting .75% for 4 months on the August ending balance)  

I think the rates to use are 0.80% regular and 1.45% bonus.

January 13, 2017
9:58 am
rqs
Members
Forum Posts: 67

Thank-you Z. You're right .80% regular and 1.45% bonus. ....

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.