Rate increase to 2.00% | Peoples Trust | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rate increase to 2.00%
April 3, 2020
6:29 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Peoples Trust is now 2.00% on e-savings and TFSA savings accounts.

April 3, 2020
9:36 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

GR said
Peoples Trust is now 2.00% on e-savings and TFSA savings accounts.  

Nice! I am really warming up to Peoples Trust and Peoples Bank. They're doing direct banking, more or less, right. I would've preferred a unified website and online banking system for Trust and Bank, but it's fine. 🙂

I like Implicity Financial a lot, but it's probably time I "clean house" and will likely be closing my unused Implicity, EQ Bank, and Coast Capital Savings accounts at the end of the year.

Cheers,
Doug

April 3, 2020
9:57 am
pooreva
Banned
Forum Posts: 440

Doug said
Nice! I am really warming up to Peoples Trust and Peoples Bank.

Better cool off. Few years ago they had a breach and some client's data have been stolen from them. They (WITHOUT asking clients) put some kind of flag on your credit history record so other be aware of you like you are bad guy.
Since then, they will NEVER see my $ no matter how great interest rates they offer.

April 3, 2020
4:22 pm
Save2Retire@55
Members
Forum Posts: 845

I was one of those clients who got hacked. The flag was a good move to make sure nobody uses the information to open an account. It was a painful 6 years. No application could be opened straight forward online but for a good reason.

When they offered the 3% recently, I took advantage and opened 2 accountns there. Glad I did.

April 3, 2020
4:44 pm
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 980

If we were to avoid doing business with every organization that experienced a cyber security breach, we would be left doing business with the lemonade stand run by the kid down the block .....

Stephen

April 3, 2020
6:50 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Note that Peoples Trust had decreased its regular savings account and TFSA interest rates from 2.00% to 1.80% on March 6, so that change has now been reversed.

Please write your comments in the forum.