Oaken - Vancouver - March 6 2019 | Oaken Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Oaken - Vancouver - March 6 2019
February 15, 2019
9:57 am
Denise Milani
Banned
Forum Posts: 82
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
February 16, 2019
3:42 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

200 Granville? North of Hastings near the waterfront? Guess I'll dodge the panhandlers, drug dealers, passed out addicts, pickpockets and street markets of stolen goods and check them out next time I'm downtown.

February 16, 2019
3:54 pm
Denise Milani
Banned

🙂 Yes not sure either. I was hoping to go with someone that was an Oaken customer too.

February 16, 2019
4:08 pm
Top It Up
Members (temp break)
Forum Posts: 1363

Rick said
200 Granville? North of Hastings near the waterfront? Guess I'll dodge the panhandlers, drug dealers, passed out addicts, pickpockets and street markets of stolen goods and check them out next time I'm downtown.  

Are you sure you've got your bearings correct on where Oaken is located ?

February 16, 2019
4:32 pm
Denise Milani
Banned

Top It Up said

Are you sure you've got your bearings correct on where Oaken is located ?  

5E5EBEEC-B0A4-4E63-AA7D-8C876C317558.jpeg

February 16, 2019
4:38 pm
Top It Up
Members (temp break)

I know exactly where their office is just not sure Rick does by his description of the area.

February 17, 2019
9:18 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Top It Up said
I know exactly where their office is just not sure Rick does by his description of the area.  

Thats why I put "?" beside my comments. Hard to believe they would put an office in the touristy, seedy part of town and Google maps (thanx Denise, I couldn't post that pic) shows it north of Hastings after Granville ends. I go downtown occasionally, but not usually up that far. Sure not going to travel an hour or so to do banking in person with Oaken. Coming from the east, I have to go thru Chinatown, Gastown and all the mentioned attractions I described to get to it.

February 17, 2019
11:03 am
Denise Milani
Banned

I agree I would not travel for over an hour to bank. Although for estate planning it might be a good idea to go to a meet and greet.

For some of us the overpriced internet has been a savings in away. I rarely go to a bank, never pay bills personally, and it runs my phone and my TV subscription is over the internet too.

Rick I am not sure downtown Vancouver, today, during the day is really as bad as you say. I lived there for my first 21 years and still occasionally make a visit. I dread paying the ridiculous parking fees in Vancouver.

I just wonder why Oaken is close to the cruise ship docks and not closer to Vancouver airport as likely that office has a lot of Asian connections.

February 17, 2019
12:36 pm
Top It Up
Members (temp break)

I really don't think it matters where their "office" is located - they're not set-up to be an everyday banking needs bank anyway - their website promotes online banking almost solely for the purchase of GICs.

February 17, 2019
1:49 pm
Denise Milani
Banned

In reference to Oaken’s location in Vancouver I think you have missed on what I said.

February 17, 2019
1:52 pm
Top It Up
Members (temp break)

Nope, didn't miss anything in your comment.

Please write your comments in the forum.