New Motive Financial website design and layout coming tomorrow, April 15, 2020 | Motive Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Motive Financial website design and layout coming tomorrow, April 15, 2020
April 14, 2020
3:57 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Noticed a tweet from Motive Financial...they're launching a brand new, and refreshed, website design and layout tomorrow, April 15, 2020.

Details:

It's unclear whether this will include a migration of their online banking system from MemberDirect to Forge (they migrated their underlying core banking system, along with Canadian Western Bank, to Temenos T14 a few years ago) or just an update to their public website design. It seems probably unlikely that an online banking system update would occur, but I suspect that will come this year or next. At minimum, expect a new layout and design to the online banking system.

Cheers,
Doug

April 14, 2020
4:12 pm
file
Members
Forum Posts: 120

Nice catch! The main CWBank and CWB site were updated awhile ago, so it's not too surprising that the Motive one is following suit and it's probably the start of the Forge migration.

If they're taking the strategy of moving CWBank over first and then Motive afterwards we can potentially use that as a bit of a gauge. Potentially when CWBank online banking moves over, then Motive will follow eventually too.

We shall see!

April 14, 2020
5:07 pm
file
Members

I took a gander at the CWBank site, and it's not Forge. It makes me wonder if perhaps their strategy is for moving away entirely - perhaps using the Temenos mobile and online banking solutions, like EQ Bank does. Something to ponder!

April 14, 2020
6:14 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

file said
I took a gander at the CWBank site, and it's not Forge. It makes me wonder if perhaps their strategy is for moving away entirely - perhaps using the Temenos mobile and online banking solutions, like EQ Bank does. Something to ponder!  

CWB hasn't migrated to Forge yet. They're using MemberDirect, the precursor to Forge. Temenos is the core banking platform. That will not change. Even Laurentian Bank became the largest Canadian bank, surpassing Canadian Western Bank, to migrate to the Temenos core banking platform last year, but Laurentian and B2B Bank do not use MemberDirect or Forge for online banking. A core banking system is system, database, and so forth that holds customer and transaction data, and which staff use to process transactions. An online banking platform is the customer-facing external banking system that integrates into or, more accurately, on top of the core banking system.

They may well not migrate to Forge; they could stick with MemberDirect, at least until Central 1 stops supporting it.

Even weirder, EQ Bank uses a single, all-in-one banking platform and online banking system, but uses MemberDirect from Central 1 for Interac e-Transfer functionality.

Only First West Credit Union has fully migrated to Forge for online banking; FirstOntario Credit Union has migrated to Forge for their customer-facing website. Alterna Bank and Alterna Savings are in the process of migrating to Forge.

Cheers,
Doug

April 15, 2020
2:24 am
file
Members

Temenos has multiple products, core banking is just one of them. Within this context I was referring to another - Infinity. That provides multiple things, including online and mobile banking. I believe it's actually what EQ uses (not strictly an all-in-one platform as you say since they could opt for different pieces but was likely convenient for them), and could also explain why they leverage MemberDirect for e-Transfers because Infinity would likely require new development and custom work to add support for e-Transfers since those are a Canadianism.

Digging a bit more shows that CWB is actually going to use Infinity for business banking, so it would make sense to use it for personal and Motive as well.

April 15, 2020
5:46 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148

I do not see anything different today? Same site as yesterday?

April 15, 2020
6:27 am
dougjp
Members
Forum Posts: 575

krwilson said
I do not see anything different today? Same site as yesterday?  

Same here. maybe its too early in the day?

I'm getting over tired of this months long, ponderous security question, with meaningless box tick for registering my computer thing. Every - single - time sf-yell Hoping that finally ends with a change to the site.....

The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to
annoy people who are not in them.

April 15, 2020
6:52 am
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

This is all that changed..(online banking looks the same fyi)

Screenshot_20200415-084951.pngScreenshot_20200415-084805.png

April 15, 2020
7:03 am
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148

dougjp said
I'm getting over tired of this months long, ponderous security question, with meaningless box tick for registering my computer thing. Every - single - time sf-yell Hoping that finally ends with a change to the site.....  

Exactly....this box ticking has been a waste of time for months!

April 15, 2020
7:38 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

Android Motive bank app stopped working today: crashes when starts. Must be related to new Web site launch.
Patiently waiting for an app update.

Also noticed Logout button is not working on Web site. Anyone who shares their computer, be aware.

April 15, 2020
8:10 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Alexandre said
Android Motive bank app stopped working today: crashes on starts. Must be related to new Web site launch.
Patiently waiting for an app update.

Also noticed Logout button is not working on Web site. Anyone who shares their computer, be aware.  

Could be related to the change in website address; unlikely related to new website design, though.

Cheers,
Doug

April 15, 2020
10:04 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982

The Android issue appears to be intermittent. Most attempts to launch returns the error msg "Motive 15.1.29 keeps stopping"

I was able to log on once, but not able to replicate the logon today.

Reported to tech support cdfinfo@cwbank.com who responded immediately to say they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Stephen

April 17, 2020
8:04 am
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

Many clients are still unable to log out after logging in to their Motive account! CSR states they are working on this technical issue.

April 17, 2020
9:14 pm
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

GR said
Many clients are still unable to log out after logging in to their Motive account! CSR states they are working on this technical issue.  

I clicked switch to mobile site and then log out.. It worked.

Please write your comments in the forum.