Motive Financial & 2020 T5s | Motive Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Motive Financial & 2020 T5s
February 22, 2021
6:48 am
Barb.
Members
Forum Posts: 30
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Expecting a refund so doing my 2020 taxes early. Oaken, EQ, Achieva all have their 2020 tax slips available online. Motive is MAILING theirs after the CRA Feb. 28 deadline. Who does that in 2021? One would think it would be more cost effective to have them available online instead of sending them out via snail mail, aka Canada Post.

February 22, 2021
7:30 am
topgun
Members
Forum Posts: 452

I am waiting for my CU to post my T5 online. Last year they posted in March. I will wait. I know a couple different people that do not have online access. They want a paper form.

Have a Great Day

February 22, 2021
7:42 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9245
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Most of our tax slips have come by Canada Post, and we are expecting a few more. Some of them are also available online.
It would make sense for the FIs to ask if people want a mailed copy, but perhaps the work involved in sorting that out is counter-productive for them.

February 22, 2021
7:47 am
Londonguy
Members
Forum Posts: 535

Barb. said
Expecting a refund so doing my 2020 taxes early. Oaken, EQ, Achieva all have their 2020 tax slips available online. Motive is MAILING theirs after the CRA Feb. 28 deadline. Who does that in 2021? One would think it would be more cost effective to have them available online instead of sending them out via snail mail, aka Canada Post.  

Who waits until the last minute and then mails out T5s? Off the top of my head, Laurentian Bank, B2B Bank, pretty much every credit union I deal with (some of which didn't even meet the CRA deadline last year), and also Motive apparently.

If you're in a hurry to efile, you could always submit your return using your own numbers if you're confident they'll ultimately agree with what eventually gets sent to CRA

February 22, 2021
7:53 am
topgun
Members

Last year one T5 not posted until mid June. I submitted a reassessment to correct the small error.

Have a Great Day

February 22, 2021
8:22 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1109

With how (not) fast Canada Post working these days, it may be faster to download T5 from CRA My Account.

February 22, 2021
11:05 am
file
Members
Forum Posts: 120

As for making it available only - that would be investing/asking changes to be done to a platform that they're leaving, so nah. It wouldn't surprise me if once they switch to the new digital banking platform that tax forms become available online. I think quite a few manual/other things will become available online. I don't have proof mind you but it's the right time to do it.

February 22, 2021
12:04 pm
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275

I got my Motive Financial T5 slip in the mail today. (February 22)

February 22, 2021
4:05 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Just another Motive idiosyncrasy. Not sure why they and Hubert mail them. Only ones I'm waiting for.

February 22, 2021
7:37 pm
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

I got my motive t5 in mail today too.

February 23, 2021
9:38 am
Alexandra
British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 458

Does your Motive T5 say Canadian Western Bank or Motive?

February 23, 2021
5:00 pm
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

Alexandra said
Does your Motive T5 say Canadian Western Bank or Motive?  

Canadian Western Bank....arrived today

February 26, 2021
2:30 pm
Alexandre
Members

Got Motive T5 in the mail, too, but still not in CRA My Account. Will I have to enter that T5 manually in my tax return?

Got 8 letters from Scotiabank in one week, at least they have uploaded T5 to CRA.

Paper mill industry is still in business thanks to banks like Scotia. So does postal office.

February 26, 2021
3:17 pm
topgun
Members

I have signed up to receive as many documents as possible online from the banks I deal with. However they all send me paper slips. I put the numbers in my tax program. I will get two slips from Scotia. The first T5 was posted Feb 25 on CRA My Account. My RRSP contribution slip has yet to be posted on CRA My Account. After the last slip arrives I NETFILE. My CC statement is setup to online. They send a paper statement.

I checked Scotia iTRADE. ALL Receiving Electronic. I have a US bank account. It is my ONLY passbook account I ever had. The service is discontinued March 1.

Have a Great Day

February 26, 2021
7:29 pm
toto
Members
Forum Posts: 306

Mine said Canadian western bank on t5

February 27, 2021
4:31 am
Alexandre
Members

Alexandre said
Got Motive T5 in the mail, too, but still not in CRA My Account. Will I have to enter that T5 manually in my tax return?

Motive T5 just appeared in CRA My Account. Both paper copy and CRA submission came from Canadian Western bank.

February 27, 2021
6:22 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

This whole effort and countless hours involved by institutions, mail service, millions of individual taxpayers filing electronically and by paper, to report data CRA already has - a wonderfully Canadian annual rite!

Please write your comments in the forum.