Canadian Direct Insurance 0.25% GIC bonus ending April 2016 | Motive Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Canadian Direct Insurance 0.25% GIC bonus ending April 2016
December 9, 2015
8:47 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I sent an e-mail to Canadian Direct Financial asking if their 0.25% GIC bonus for Canadian Direct Insurance customers still exists. Their response:

"Thank you for contacting Canadian Direct Financial. As Canadian Western Bank sold Canadian Direct Insurance, this page was removed. The bonus of 0.25% will be offered to clients until the end of April 2016. To take advantage of the bonus, please contact us by phone at 1-877-441-2249 Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 4:45 PM."

December 11, 2015
6:11 am
Rick
Members
Forum Posts: 1110

sf-cry
Thanx for the update Peter. I was wondering if that was still available. Hadn't heard about CDI being sold. Any idea who bought them? I see that CDF offers interest on their checking account. That's either new or I haven't been paying close enough attention.

December 11, 2015
7:15 am
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404
March 22, 2016
2:21 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4230

I'd say this indeed has to do with the sale (sorry never bothered sharing as I didn't think it was relevant as this isn't an insurance forum, just as I don't think it appropriate to have elaborate discussions on government and corporate bonds *sideways 'jab' at certain forum users here*!). ;)

I'd also expect that the Canadian Direct Insurance MasterCard, currently offered through TD Canada Trust's MBNA division, will likely be eliminated at some point and, potentially, we could even see Canadian Western Bank take back their MasterCard division and bring it "in-house". :)

Cheers,
Doug

Please write your comments in the forum.