Spring 2024 - new account 5.75% for 120 days | Page 4 | Manulife Bank | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Spring 2024 - new account 5.75% for 120 days
April 23, 2024
10:34 pm
mebe
Members
Forum Posts: 25
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm quite sure I'm not the only one to have this happen to them, but none of my 3 pulls into my Manulife new Advantage account had any hold time beyond the minimum 2 days it takes for the money to appear in the account. Manulife makes you wait 1 day before it pulls the money the following day after the request (business day I think).

My first pull was less than the s1000 already in the account (from e-transfers), so no hold time was expected, but the other two transfers (within 6 days) were more than the original balance (after initial e-transfers).

In my account details, I always had the full amount available, with nothing on hold.

April 24, 2024
7:10 am
MAC99
Members
Forum Posts: 48

Hmm

Hmm said

I get a kick when someone chimes in and says something is crystal clear. It's ego driven and comes across as dismissive and condescending.

Many times, most people who use that phrase actually don't understand. Another example is your interaction where you were convinced there was no fee, but the "CSR " said there is a $1 fee and your insistence you were right.
----------CUT-------------
I'm surprised to read this type of response. I feel it wholly unwarranted.

I'm not sure why you think stating something is "crystal clear" is ego driven given it means "unambiguous; easily understood". I trust you can see that the fee schedule, showing no fees as I indicated, is quite clear. Rest assured I "understand" it.

As for my insistence I was right, it's been proven by another poster indicating there is no fee for transfers regardless of balance, as is clearly shown by their fee schedule.

April 24, 2024
11:23 am
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 789

What is clear is that the language and layout of the fees schedule is at best ambiguous, and requires assumptions. Even if those assumptions turn out to be correct, this is confirmation bias of sorts, as this is not plain from the Manulife document.

April 24, 2024
11:58 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2887

my understanding is if balance > $1k, no fee. Based on real time experience.

May 2, 2024
1:36 am
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 112

It's been 8 business days and Manulife still has a hold on my funds with no date stamp when the monies will become available. Their disclosure says 2 to 8 business days.

I'm not liking this company. Just today I learned their insurance division implemented a policy that their plan members can only deal with one pharmacy. After some backlash, they rescinded that requirement.

May 2, 2024
6:53 pm
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 112

So I got off the phone with Manulife, they say new accounts (less than 90 days old) are subject to a hold of 10+ or more business days, despite the fact I pointed out to them the disclosure says 2-8 days.

Anyway, I have filed a complaint with both the OBSI and Financial Consumer Agency of Canada

May 2, 2024
8:11 pm
MAC99
Members

My funds, in a new account, became available on the 8th day.

A 2nd deposit of 1/3 the amount of the 1st, was released on the 3rd day.

It’s day 2 on a third deposit, the same amount as the 1st, and it’s on hold at the moment.

Now I wait for the promo end date to see if the maximum daily transfer limit is $50k as they state on their site.

May 3, 2024
3:58 am
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 234

MAC99 said
My funds, in a new account, became available on the 8th day.

A 2nd deposit of 1/3 the amount of the 1st, was released on the 3rd day.

It’s day 2 on a third deposit, the same amount as the 1st, and it’s on hold at the moment.

Now I wait for the promo end date to see if the maximum daily transfer limit is $50k as they state on their site.  

It's $50k per transfer, do as many as you wish for the same day. It applies to both pushes and pulls. As a suggestion, if doing more than one for the same date, vary the amounts slightly for tracking purposes, ie, $50,000, $49,999, $49,998,etc,.

With respect to holds, banks have been getting especially cautious over the last couple of years due to fraud, so it doesn't surprise me to see lengthier holds outside of the standard hold periods.

May 3, 2024
4:35 am
MAC99
Members

JohnnyCash said It's $50k per transfer, do as many as you wish for the same day.

I'll post my results when the time comes in Mid August. Surprised that they say this and do that though.

mlf.png

May 3, 2024
5:40 am
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 789

MAC99 said

JohnnyCash said It's $50k per transfer, do as many as you wish for the same day.

I'll post my results when the time comes in Mid August. Surprised that they say this and do that though.

mlf.png

But the above states the $50K is a DAILY limit...

May 3, 2024
5:47 am
JohnnyCash
Members
Forum Posts: 234

smayer97 said

But the above states the $50K is a DAILY limit...  

Who knows, just my personal experience, nothing recent though. You could test the restriction by seeing if you can schedule more than one $50k transfer for a future date, then cancel the request afterwards.

May 3, 2024
9:34 am
Top Dogg
Members
Forum Posts: 86

JohnnyCash said

Who knows, just my personal experience, nothing recent though. You could test the restriction by seeing if you can schedule more than one $50k transfer for a future date, then cancel the request afterwards.  

I went through one of my advisors secretary's and Manulife pulled over $50k in one shot. If you call them directly they could probably accommodate whatever figure you want.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.