Rate to decrease to 2.80% on March 1, 2020 | Page 3 | LBC Digital | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Rate to decrease to 2.80% on March 1, 2020
February 15, 2020
5:11 pm
krwilson
Members
Forum Posts: 148
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Bill said
krwilson, did you try calling and talking to them?  

No, Bill, I never did try to call them. Seeing other posts about issues with them was enough to say I didn't want to waste any more of my time. Chasing all these so called deals does get to be time consuming. I have always enjoyed "getting a deal" but the posts about their website and such was not inspiring to me.

Like many on this site I probably already have too many bank accounts. My regular use accounts at the moment are a grandfathered in RoyalBank account that has no fees, Motive for it stable 2.8% thus far, EQ Bank I have been with since it's inception and at times Tangerine if the offer attracts me.

February 15, 2020
7:43 pm
Oscar
Members
Forum Posts: 283

smayer97 said

Actually, DUCA's offers are short-lived. The offer only applies to new money for a fixed period of time. So though the offer keeps being offered, it is only for new money. Once your time is up, that's it, AFAIK.  

Their previous offer started last March and went until end of January so over 10 months. I wouldn't call that short-lived , especially in this thread about LBC dropping rates so soon. And they held the rate. Now they are running another 4 month promo @ 3%. Without the hassles that made LBC thread one of the longest on this site.

February 15, 2020
9:42 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 778

Oscar said

smayer97 said

Actually, DUCA's offers are short-lived. The offer only applies to new money for a fixed period of time. So though the offer keeps being offered, it is only for new money. Once your time is up, that's it, AFAIK.

Their previous offer started last March and went until end of January so over 10 months. I wouldn't call that short-lived , especially in this thread about LBC dropping rates so soon. And they held the rate. Now they are running another 4 month promo @ 3%. Without the hassles that made LBC thread one of the longest on this site.  

I was speaking about their CURRENT offers, not an offer from almost a year ago.

Rates are based on market conditions. DUCA may have been able to hold their offer before BUT it was only 3 % vs LBC's 3.3%. BUT Conditions have changed. That is why even DUCA is only offering less than 4 months on their current 3% offer.

LBC held their rate for 3.5 months. but if you follow the markets, it should be intuitive that this rate was not sustainable.

Time to adapt.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.