June 1, 2020: HISA rate is changing (from 2.25% to 2.05%) | LBC Digital | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
June 1, 2020: HISA rate is changing (from 2.25% to 2.05%)
May 30, 2020
5:08 am
Alexandre
Members
Forum Posts: 1059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
May 30, 2020
9:06 am
pianoman8849
Halifax, NS
Members
Forum Posts: 30

Just let it go down another .05 percent and I'm likely to go back to EQ Bank. I did keep an account open there. You might ask: "Why would you do back to them if the interest rate is the same as LBC?" My answer is simple. I have always had excellent online banking with EQ and no "bumps in the road" like I have had with LBC.

May 30, 2020
2:50 pm
Indmuny
Members
Forum Posts: 7

Been with EQ for about 3 years and have had the same experience. As you do, I will always favour EQ with all other factors being somewhat equal.

May 30, 2020
3:22 pm
Briguy
Members
Forum Posts: 713

Indmuny said
Been with EQ for about 3 years and have had the same experience. As you do, I will always favour EQ with all other factors being somewhat equal.  

LBC Digital could theoretically be your only bank because it has more features- eg. ATM card, cheques , bank draft so if you need any of those then EQ bank can't replace it.

May 30, 2020
5:10 pm
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4201

Briguy said

LBC Digital could theoretically be your only bank because it has more features- eg. ATM card, cheques , bank draft so if you need any of those then EQ bank can't replace it.  

It's the leading candidate for me to replace Coast Capital Savings as my primary day-to-day banking, HISA, and banking "hub" later this year. I have a few questions with respect to access to funds limits on ATM and pulled EFT deposits and the detail provided in transaction descriptions, but other than that, it's got a lot to like. I like Motive Financial and Alterna Bank for these reasons as well, but LBC Digital and 1Q have the cheapest cheque orders if ordering direct from your bank and not through ASAP Cheques or DiscountCheques.com. Also, one can apply for a line of credit attached to their LBC Digital chequing account whereas Motive has reportedly discontinued that.

Cheers,
Doug

May 30, 2020
5:20 pm
Briguy
Members
Forum Posts: 713

Doug said

It's the leading candidate for me to replace Coast Capital Savings as my primary day-to-day banking, HISA, and banking "hub" later this year. I have a few questions with respect to access to funds limits on ATM and pulled EFT deposits and the detail provided in transaction descriptions, but other than that, it's got a lot to like. I like Motive Financial and Alterna Bank for these reasons as well, but LBC Digital and 1Q have the cheapest cheque orders if ordering direct from your bank and not through ASAP Cheques or DiscountCheques.com. Also, one can apply for a line of credit attached to their LBC Digital chequing account whereas Motive has reportedly discontinued that.

Cheers,
Doug  

chequesplus.com is the cheapest compared to ASAP cheques or DiscountCheques. I've used them, and they're fine

May 30, 2020
6:35 pm
smayer97
Members
Forum Posts: 768

Briguy said

chequesplus.com is the cheapest compared to ASAP cheques or DiscountCheques. I've used them, and they're fine  

Though Chequeplus has free shipping, looks DiscountCheques is just slightly cheaper (free shipping is only for Ont or Que).

Please write your comments in the forum.