Investing in TDB8150 | Investing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Investing in TDB8150
December 9, 2022
5:56 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members
Forum Posts: 982
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

In my TD WebBroker account I placed an order to transfer funds from my cash account to TDB8150 yesterday.

This morning, the order remains open and the cash is still in the cash account.

This is the first time I made this kind of transaction to invest in TDB8150 and wonder if I went about it incorrectly or does it take longer than a typical trade to complete the transaction?

Thanks for any advice.

Stephen

December 9, 2022
6:08 am
Sammy
Members
Forum Posts: 16

It should be similar to a mutual fund trade delay rather than a stock trade (instant).

I think this depends on your broker, but on my side, it is usually 1-2 days for those transactions.

December 9, 2022
6:10 am
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

TDB8150 is T+1. It is fine if you place the order before the mutual funds cut-off time (3:00 p.m.) yesterday. Order status will be changed to 'Filled' today.

For first-timers, it is worth to note that there is not a minimum balance requirement *after* the initial purchase.

December 9, 2022
6:23 am
Bill
Members
Forum Posts: 3922

As has been said the transaction is complete next business day, assuming you beat the afternoon cut-off time, but it still takes at least another business day to see it reflected properly in your holdings. I find.

It's not really a transfer from your cash account, instead of holding the cash in your account you'll just now be holding TDB8150 in the account.

If you transfer cash from your TD bank account during business hours it's there immediately, even though it might not show on Webroker, so it's available to buy TD8150, etc right away.

December 9, 2022
6:29 am
Koogie
Members
Forum Posts: 334

It's been my experience that TDDI updates the accounts roundabout 11 am EST everyday.

Look at your accounts around 1130 and you should see the TDB8150 show up (assuming you made the cutoff time for trading mutual funds. Which I THINK is actually 2 pm EST with TDDI).

December 9, 2022
7:17 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

Thanks to everyone who offered their insights. I was unaware that, although I found the trade interface for TDB8150 to be under the Mutual Funds category on WebBroker that the trade time would be:

similar to a mutual fund trade delay rather than a stock trade (instant).

It is always a good day when I can learn something new!...sf-smile

Stephen

December 9, 2022
10:17 am
Nehpets
Ontario
Members

As had been predicted, on checking at Noon, all entries are updated as expected.

Thanks again for the helpful feedback!

Stephen

January 13, 2023
8:00 am
bhuc
Toronto
Members
Forum Posts: 138

Question ? Does anyone know ?
Does TDB8150 pay a dividend or interest ?
If a dividend it will need to be grossed up by a factor of 1.38 and that amount is to be included to ones taxable income.
If simple interest then it becomes straight income for tax purposes

January 13, 2023
8:06 am
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6766

TDB8150 is a deposit with CDIC member TD Bank. TDB8150 pays interest.

TD Investment Savings Account product page says this:

The interest payable on a TD ISA shall be calculated daily and payable monthly by way of interest credited to the account.

January 13, 2023
10:40 am
Bill
Members

If you have other TD Bank corporation deposits or investments you need to count them all together with TDB8150.

It can be a little obscure sometimes. For example when I buy DYN6000 in my CIBC Investors Edge account that counts towards any other deposits, etc I might have with Bank of Nova Scotia. But If I buy DYN5000 it doesn't as that is issued by Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company. And if I buy DYN3054 even though its branded under Scotiabank it's covered under National Trust Company's CDIC, I believe.

January 13, 2023
1:58 pm
hwyc
GTA
Members
Forum Posts: 1169

DYK - TD was designated as a global systemically important bank (G-SIB) in 2019. 30 on the world-wide list, only two in Canada.

January 13, 2023
6:39 pm
Bill
Members

Royal Bank is the other one.

Please write your comments in the forum.