70(2) rights and things pension received in month of death. | Page 2 | Income tax filing | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
70(2) rights and things pension received in month of death.
May 8, 2023
8:32 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2889
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Good to know but I still would do both at the same time (and have). Alleviates CRA questions when tax slips are allocated between the two returns.

May 8, 2023
9:46 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4241

Bill said
"The final return can be E-filed or paper filed", per CRA.  

The irony of paper-filing Bill pointing out to e-filing AltaRed that one's final T1 return can be e-filed as well! 😉

May 8, 2023
9:48 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

AltaRed said
Good to know but I still would do both at the same time (and have). Alleviates CRA questions when tax slips are allocated between the two returns.  

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. This is probably an instance where I would paper file a return, or want my return to be paper filed.

Hopefully I don't have to have that concern for another 50 years, though (hoping I make it to at least age 89)! 🙂

May 8, 2023
11:19 am
AltaRed
BC Interior
Members
Forum Posts: 2889

Doug said

The irony of paper-filing Bill pointing out to e-filing AltaRed that one's final T1 return can be e-filed as well! 😉  

E-filing is via a professional, e.g. accounting, firm which I have not used for any returns as Executor for estates. AFAIK, a Final T1 Return cannot be Netfiled via retail tax software.

May 8, 2023
11:54 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

AltaRed said

E-filing is via a professional, e.g. accounting, firm which I have not used for any returns as Executor for estates. AFAIK, a Final T1 Return cannot be Netfiled via retail tax software.  

Ah, good point! I missed that, as I assumed Bill meant "e-filing" in a lowercase 'e' sense, rather an uppercase and trademarked 'E' sense. 😉

May 9, 2023
7:20 am
RetirEd
Members
Forum Posts: 1015

Doug: There is constant pressure from every nook and cranny of the taxation system (and government and other businesses as well) to do business on-line because it lets them fire staff.

A friend reached out to me today for help tracking down and fixing a serious (tens of thousands) error in his home mortgage by a credit union. All electronic records, they won't show him originals or even some on-line records, and have no proof he consented to a massive slew of "optional" fees.
RetirEd

RetirEd

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.