Ideal Savings - 2.50% Promo extended until December 31, 2018 | Ideal Savings | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Ideal Savings - 2.50% Promo extended until December 31, 2018
December 14, 2017
6:01 pm
Shawguy
Members
Forum Posts: 275
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Noticed today that Ideal Savings updated their terms and conditions yet again. What I don't understand is why they haven't extended the current promo until the end of 2018....but accounts opened before Nov 14 will be until the end of 2018. Odd, but none the less I saw my account now says Dec 31/18.

Rates are effective December 14, 2017. All rates are calculated on a per annum basis and are subject to change without notice.

*The New Deposit Special will be offered for a limited time only. The 2.50% rate will be guaranteed until April 30, 2018 only on new funds deposited to Ideal Savings to a new qualifying account. To qualify, the New Deposit Special account must be opened during the period when the 2.50% product is being promoted on http://www.idealsavings.ca/rates, which is subject to change at any time.

Effective November 1, 2017 the rates for all existing Ideal Savings accounts are as follows:
- the Ideal Savings Special 2.50%, guaranteed to December 31, 2017, has been extended to be guaranteed to April 30, 2018;
- the Ideal Savings Special 2.30%, guaranteed to December 31, 2017; has been changed to a rate of 2.50% and guaranteed to December 31, 2018;
- the Ideal Savings Special 2.25%, guaranteed to December 31, 2017, has been changed to a rate of 2.50% and guaranteed to December 31, 2018; and,
- the regular Ideal Savings rate is 2.00%.

If you have any questions please email us at info@idealsavings.ca

March 15, 2018
2:34 pm
GR
Members
Forum Posts: 632

Ideal's website has been updated. ALL savings accounts - existing and new - will earn 2.50% p.a. until at least December 31, 2018. Their basic rate of 2% p.a. is no longer applicable, so the change should be reflected in the comparison chart. The TFSA savings account rate is shown as 2.25% and variable.

If phone calls to Ideal would always be answered immediately instead of being returned later, we would have more confidence in this FI that it is not a part-time one woman operation!

They also need to make it easier to move money out of Ideal, rather than having to print, scan and email a form!

March 15, 2018
3:19 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

GR, it is actually quite easy to pull money out of Ideal from another FI. I have pulled from Hubert, Tang, and EQ. Don't even bother trying to use Ideal to push money out.

March 15, 2018
8:54 pm
Peter
Admin
Forum Posts: 1404

I don't understand why they still list the rate as a promo at this point, except that maybe it's just simpler to roll all of the versions of the promo into one, especially in the current rate environment. I suppose it only helps savers to know that they're essentially getting a guaranteed rate for the rest of the year without being locked into a GIC!

March 16, 2018
12:00 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9241

I don't know why they call it a promo rate either.
However, it sure beats the opposite, i.e. those FIs that claim a rate is NOT a promo rate, but then notch it down a little while later, as EQ did rather blatantly at the beginning. And it beats rate roulette at Tang every few months!

March 16, 2018
12:07 pm
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 104

great to see, may force tang to play a higher hand after their june 30th promo runs dry

March 17, 2018
7:35 am
moneyhelp
Members
Forum Posts: 273

tcharger67 said
great to see, may force tang to play a higher hand after their june 30th promo runs dry  

I believe you mean the May 31st 2.5% promo?

March 17, 2018
9:27 am
tcharger67
Members
Forum Posts: 104

you should check their website. its june 30 2018
thats what my details say and ive been an existing customer for a while

March 17, 2018
10:38 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2871

until I can link my external acct online and withdraw from Ideal online, I aint opening an account. Too much hassle to fill in form, email just to pull money...

March 17, 2018
3:03 pm
rhvic
Victoria, BC
Members
Forum Posts: 467

savemoresaveoften said
until I can link my external acct online and withdraw from Ideal online, I aint opening an account. Too much hassle to fill in form, email just to pull money...  

Yes, you can link some external FIs to your Ideal account - that is, as I posted earlier, pull or push from those FIs, rather than fill in Ideal's forms. I've set up links from Tang, Hubert, and EQ to my account at Ideal (though it may show up on their listings as Carpathia Credit Union, Ideal's parent). No problem getting money to or from Ideal in my experience.

Please write your comments in the forum.