Hubert Survey - May 2019 | Hubert Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Hubert Survey - May 2019
May 15, 2019
9:14 am
GICinvestor
Members
Forum Posts: 670
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Now is the time to say you would like to see a one year RRIF GIC.

May 15, 2019
9:44 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1895

GICinvestor said

Agreed ^ !

And now is the time to 'also' ask; "Why don't they already have one ?!"

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

May 15, 2019
9:45 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members
Forum Posts: 4201

Thanks, GICinvestor. I responded as follows:

1. Rates

2. Good

3. [Comments box related to Q. 2 if answered less than "extremely good"]

While the quality of member service, including the number of communication channels and hours of operation, are either extremely good or fantastic, I must admit that, after 7-8 years of taking these Hubert member surveys, I can no longer answer "extremely good" to this and other questions. For example, for years, I've suggested that you substantially increase the character limit per line of the "transaction description" column of customer e-Statements to provide for better and enhanced narrative and reconciliation of customer e-Statements, to no avail. I've also suggested a Hubert debit card, at least as a deposit only debit card, to be able to make deposits at Canadian credit union ATMs on the Acculink (ding-free™) ATM network just as Sunova members can do, also to no avail. So, in this survey, I am re-iterating those two requests and adding three more, namely:
(1) that you offer either a 1-year quarterly GIC or a standard 1-year non-redeemable GIC in RRIFs (as Sunova has);
(2) that you offer either a 15- or an 18-month non-redeemable special term GIC on a permanent basis across all account types (i.e., RSP, RIF, TFSA, and non-registered); and,
(3) either free & unlimited Interac e-Transfers or Hubert to restore the ability to make third-party EFT transfers to friends and family by entering their banking account particulars.

4. Extremely good

5. Very important

6. Very easy

7. Somewhat likely [perhaps this will help them to consider my suggestions]

8. No, and I will not be using this service [should have a comments box so I could specify that VirtualWealth needs to bring down their portfolio management fees to between 0.25-0.35, in line with Questrade and a rumoured forthcoming robo-advisor service from Vanguard]

9. [left blank as not applicable]

10. In the past, I've also suggested a Hubert debit card, at least as a deposit only debit card, to be able to make deposits at Canadian credit union ATMs on the Acculink (ding-free™) ATM network just as Sunova members can do, also to no avail. So, in this survey, I am re-iterating those two requests and adding three more, namely:
(1) that you offer either a 1-year quarterly GIC or a standard 1-year non-redeemable GIC in RRIFs (as Sunova has);
(2) that you offer either a 15- or an 18-month non-redeemable special term GIC on a permanent basis across all account types (i.e., RSP, RIF, TFSA, and non-registered); and,
(3) either free & unlimited Interac e-Transfers or Hubert to restore the ability to make third-party EFT transfers to friends and family by entering their banking account particulars.

11. Chat and Phone

12. Email, phone, and snail mail

13. Reiterating response to Q. 10:

[Since it repeats Q. 10, truncated for brevity]

Cheers,
Doug

May 16, 2019
11:54 pm
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Thanks for the support on the RIFs.
I've made this request in a previous survey, but was obviously ignored. More voices may help, and I will make the request again.

The statements have improved slightly since the last time I complained about them. They have removed the advertising as requested. But they are still unnecessarily difficult to interpret.

I also think they should forget about the credit card as it isn't particularly competitive, but perhaps some people use it and maybe it makes money for them.

May 17, 2019
3:50 am
Briguy
Members
Forum Posts: 713

Agree with almost everything that's been said. Only way to get a cheque into Hubert is by mailing it in, or by depositing it in a FI that's linked to your Hubert. They do have a chat function now though.

I did mention on the survey to add a 1 yr GIC to their RRIF, for Loonie and I guess for me when I get a bit older, since Hubert is my only FI for RRSPs.

May 17, 2019
5:21 am
semi-retired
Members
Forum Posts: 232

I also mentioned the 1 yr. RRIF & possibly 15 & 18 month GIC's.Complimented them for outstanding service.Whenever I call,I am talking to a knowledgeable CSR within seconds.

May 17, 2019
7:23 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Loonie said
Thanks for the support on the RIFs.
I've made this request in a previous survey, but was obviously ignored. More voices may help, and I will make the request again.

No problem.

The statements have improved slightly since the last time I complained about them. They have removed the advertising as requested. But they are still unnecessarily difficult to interpret.

If by unnecessarily difficult to interpret, you're referring to what I referred by the low character count per line and woefully truncated transaction description information, yes, I completely agree.

What do you mean by "advertising"? That one sentence below the statement period that promotes VirtualWealth, their credit card, their AGM, or some other purpose? Or, do you receive printed statements from Hubert? I didn't think they'd offer printed statements.

I also think they should forget about the credit card as it isn't particularly competitive, but perhaps some people use it and maybe it makes money for them.  

It's actually not bad for a no annual fee credit card - and it's a MasterCard, which I'm looking for when I close my Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card when I am working full time again. It has full 1% cash back rewards on all other purchases (Tangerine lowered there's to 0.5%s, which is unacceptable to me as I don't want to accidentally use it at a location and get "stung" by a stingy 0.5% reward rate, so they're out). No tiers, no caps. Only downside is you have to redeem it for a statement credit; would be nice if they could credit your Hubert account. sf-cool

Cheers,
Doug

May 17, 2019
7:27 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Briguy said
Agree with almost everything that's been said. Only way to get a cheque into Hubert is by mailing it in, or by depositing it in a FI that's linked to your Hubert. They do have a chat function now though.

They should provide prepaid deposit envelopes for USD cheques. As far mobile cheque depositing, I have independently confirmed with Hubert, through Sunova's social media team, that Hubert GO online and mobile banking will be getting a complete refresh to bring it in line with the recently relaunched Sunova GO online and mobile banking. They don't have a specific date yet, but said it would most likely be before year end. This was as of our conversation on Facebook approx. 1 month ago.

As far as chat, they've actually had that for years (4-5, I'd say).

Cheers,
Doug

May 17, 2019
9:16 am
Loonie
Members
Forum Posts: 9213
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Yes, Doug, I think we are referring to the same problem with the statements. I just didn't understand your original language. I have to re-learn them every time I need to look at them.

Advertising: they used to promote their products with large ads that took up too much space and created clutter. They seemed to stop. Not sure if they're back again.

"Other" is usually the biggest category on a credit card. You should perhaps look at Rogers Bank. It's free, and even the moderate income category will get you 1.25% on everything. Also good for forex. I have a Rogers card now and I like it. I don't like having a fistful of cards and having to figure out which one to use when. 2 or 3 cards is enough, always at least one MC and one Visa.sf-cool

RBC also has a decent free MC, but I can't remember the details at the moment.

May 23, 2019
9:59 am
Dean
Members

GICinvestor said

I'd like to do that ^, but I have no idea how to access this Hubert Survey.

I'm a Hubert shareholder and I have a few accounts with them, but they've never asked me to participate in a survey. Maybe it's only available to a select few shareholders ... I can only guess. sf-confused

May 23, 2019
10:19 am
Doug
British Columbia, Canada
Members

Dean said

I'd like to do that ^, but I have no idea how to access this Hubert Survey.

I'm a Hubert shareholder and I have a few accounts with them, but they've never asked me to participate in a survey. Maybe it's only available to a select few shareholders ... I can only guess. sf-confused  

Interesting, Dean. I'd always thought Hubert sent it directly to all members (like that you referred to you and us shareholders, though) as the survey didn't require a unique access code to enter and was not personalized in any way. Next time they sent the survey out (usually 2-4 times per year), I'll be sure and post the survey link so you and others can take the survey as well. sf-cool

It could also be because you've opted out of e-mail communication from them, too. That's one possibility to explore. You could phone them and see what your communication preferences are set to and what that includes / is limited to.

Cheers,
Doug

May 23, 2019
2:10 pm
Dean
Members

Doug said

. . . It could also be because you've opted out of e-mail communication from them, too. That's one possibility to explore. You could phone them and see what your communication preferences are set to and what that includes / is limited to.

Cheers,
Doug  

Thanks Doug,

I get emails from them all the time, so it must be something else.

I'll give them a call. sf-smile

Please write your comments in the forum.