FHSA accounts coming to Hubert Dec 15/2023 | Hubert Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
FHSA accounts coming to Hubert Dec 15/2023
November 10, 2023
8:39 am
NorthernRaven
Moderators
Forum Posts: 606
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A little bird (or perhaps a St. Bernard) told me that FHSA accounts are coming to Hubert (and I would assume Access CU in general) on December 15th. There's apparently a notification list you can get added to if you get in touch with them.

November 10, 2023
8:59 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1915

Thanks for the Heads-Up NorthernRaven. I'll pass the word on to my Son.

Unfortunately, Hubert 'News' (https://happysavings.ca/news/) and Access 'News' (https://www.accesscu.ca/en/news) makes no mention of this.

Where can this FHSA news info/link be found ?

Thanks,

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

November 10, 2023
9:06 am
NorthernRaven
Moderators

No links I've seen yet, but Hubert's customer service is giving out the info, and can put people on the notification list for the announcement. By getting it up and running before the end of the year, they may be able to flush out some customers who haven't used their 2023 room, as well as 2024 contributions.

The 1-year quarterly GIC might be useful in an FHSA, for those "sort of in the market" but not actively making offers or anything. Higher interest than a HISA, but the money is available. Between closing periods and the 30 days you have to make a qualifying withdrawal, you could probably avoid even a lost quarter's of interest.

November 10, 2023
10:22 am
Dean
Valhalla Mountains, British Columbia
Members
Forum Posts: 1915

So basically, it's an unsubstantiated rumor being passed around by a Hubert CSR.

And if & when it really does become reality, the only way you can find out about it is to register to be on some special list !

Sounds pretty Lame to me ... I think I'll Pass. sf-confused

Dean

sf-cool " Live Long, Healthy ... And Prosper! " sf-cool

November 10, 2023
10:51 am
NorthernRaven
Moderators

No, it is actual information being provided by an authorized Hubert employee. They didn't just make this up. I assume they'll make an official announcement sometime between now and Dec 15, but I don't see how providing useful information to customers is anything but good?

December 7, 2023
9:37 am
NorthernRaven
Moderators

Apparently I got added to that FHSA notification list - got an unsolicited call from Hubert letting me know they are able to start up the FHSA opening paperwork now - the public launch is Monday the 11th, I think. I'm just getting set up at Wealthsimple and haven't got to the point of figuring out where my 2024 FHSA chunk will go (2023's is at EQ in a 1-year GIC).

However, the CSR mentioned that the quarterly 1-year cashable GICs will not be available in the FHSA plans! Looks like they really are considered the unwanted orphan by Access, since there's probably a group of "soon, but not yet" eventual homeowners where these would be a handy combination of yield vs liquidity.

If I do one more round of 1-year GIC for this FHSA contribution, I might still pop it in Hubert if the 5.75% is still there in January (EQ is at 5.55%), otherwise I'll add it into the Wealthsimple setup for some additional bonus.

Please write your comments in the forum.