2023 T5 error | Page 2 | Hubert Financial | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2023 T5 error
April 20, 2024
8:01 pm
BarbM
Members
Forum Posts: 24
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

WOW. is Access ever screwed up??

So originally I received 2 T5's. 1 was incorrect as was not a joint....and all of our accounts are joint.

Just downloaded "All Slips" from CRA. The first 2 still show....an individual and a joint one (as originals). THEN the individual one shows for the SECOND time with the same amount!!!! (as an original) And the amended one shows but as an Original on CRA "All Slips" but says Amendment on the mailed copy.

So Mr. Davey and Rutherford let's go out for a beer and I will ask the folks at High Interest Savings as well. We can discuss your failures and compensation to all of your customers that have been inconvenienced and have had to pay for additional accountants fees. I'll buy if you show up. Do you contract out your T slips to the same company that does your conversions!!!????? You guys are compounding idiots!!!!

And so much for using or trusting Auto-Fill on YOUR behalf.

April 20, 2024
8:40 pm
Warwick111
Members
Forum Posts: 55

BarbM said
WOW. is Access ever screwed up??

So originally I received 2 T5's. 1 was incorrect as was not a joint....and all of our accounts are joint.

Just downloaded "All Slips" from CRA. The first 2 still show....an individual and a joint one (as originals). THEN the individual one shows for the SECOND time with the same amount!!!! (as an original) And the amended one shows but as an Original on CRA "All Slips" but says Amendment on the mailed copy.

So Mr. Davey and Rutherford let's go out for a beer and I will ask the folks at High Interest Savings as well. We can discuss your failures and compensation to all of your customers that have been inconvenienced and have had to pay for additional accountants fees. I'll buy if you show up. Do you contract out your T slips to the same company that does your conversions!!!????? You guys are compounding idiots!!!!

And so much for using or trusting Auto-Fill on YOUR behalf.  

What are the values in box 21 report code? if your slip #3 has a value 'C' for cancelled and slip# 4 has a value 'A' for amended then they are correct, otherwise they screwed up again.

April 20, 2024
8:42 pm
Norman1
Members
Forum Posts: 6780

Could be an autofill bug in the tax software. Would it be possible to sign into CRA My Account and check the Box 21 (Report code) on the new slips? Should be "A" for amend or "C" for cancel.

Otherwise, CRA will think all of us missed reporting some interest!

April 21, 2024
7:22 am
CAD
Members
Forum Posts: 26

Interesting how some T5 are incorrect for some people and some are in good order.
I have 21=A and 23=2 and correct names and correct amounts after receiving Amendments.
You would expect with all that computer power everything to be in order.
Similar situation with Public Mobile where some people have a real hard time with the service and payments while other have no issues at all.

April 21, 2024
9:11 am
BarbM
Members

Warwick111 said

What are the values in box 21 report code? if your slip #3 has a value 'C' for cancelled and slip# 4 has a value 'A' for amended then they are correct, otherwise they screwed up again.  

On original slips:
Box 21 - O

On Amendment slip:
Box 21 - A

April 21, 2024
9:36 am
BarbM
Members

Norman1 said
Could be an autofill bug in the tax software. Would it be possible to sign into CRA My Account and check the Box 21 (Report code) on the new slips? Should be "A" for amend or "C" for cancel.

Otherwise, CRA will think all of us missed reporting some interest!  

On login in of CRA I downloaded "all slips"
Box 21 is not there at all.

Not sure what you mean about an AutoFill bug on the software side.
What I am getting at, is the download from CRA of "all slips" shows the two originals, the amendment slip PLUS one of the 2 originals. So I am only assuming that the "all slips" I downloaded from CRA would also be what AutoFill would take??? Unless the software or CRA distinguishes what ones to take vs not take.
In other words CRA shows 2 original slips, an amended slip for the 2, PLUS one of the 2 original slips (so 1 is an exact duplicate).

I would also assume that the "Bug in the software" or likely "the mismanagement of the software" (garbage in - garbage out) is on the side of Access Cu for what they chose to upload to CRA.

April 21, 2024
9:54 am
BarbM
Members

CAD said
Interesting how some T5 are incorrect for some people and some are in good order.
I have 21=A and 23=2 and correct names and correct amounts after receiving Amendments.
Similar situation with Public Mobile where some people have a real hard time with the service and payments while other have no issues at all.  

My amended slip is now correct, box 23 has a 2 and both names are listed. And the total on the new slip is same total wise when totalling the 2 original slips.

Access computer power or who they have contracted it out to.....like I say garbage in - garbage out. And the garbage is owned and controlled by Access. The excuse is probably a technical error. ha ha

And for any Public Mobile customers that are not aware:

Public Mobile is a joke!! They have lost the trust of many of their long time customers. Just like Access has. And many of those long time customers have been pushed to see what the competition offers and have found much better options. And the person that spearheaded the changes for Telus has now conveniently stepped away.

Record breaking feedback on the changes:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Program/td-p/1154856

The step away that is likely stress, maternity, or a move into the inner sanctum of Telus never to be heard from again. I think the last one is it....did the dirty work...took the flack...and moves up the ranks at Telus.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Important-Announcement-from-Your-Community-Manager/td-p/1185868

April 21, 2024
10:20 am
Norman1
Members

BarbM said

In other words CRA shows 2 original slips, an amended slip for the 2, PLUS one of the 2 original slips (so 1 is an exact duplicate).

I would also assume that the "Bug in the software" or likely "the mismanagement of the software" (garbage in - garbage out) is on the side of Access Cu for what they chose to upload to CRA.

We need to see Box 21 (Report code) of the slips at CRA to tell.

I expect four slips at CRA if everything was done correctly: The two original slips, one amended slip for one of the originals, and one cancel slip for the other original.

The XML specification of uploaded T5 slips requires the report code to be present (field rpt_tcd). So, Access CU had to include it in the uploaded T5 slips.

There is a possibility that Access CU uploaded everything correctly to CRA and screwed up only by not printing and mailing you a copy of the cancel T5 slip.

April 21, 2024
2:56 pm
BarbM
Members

Norman1 said

BarbM said

We need to see Box 21 (Report code) of the slips at CRA to tell.

I expect four slips at CRA if everything was done correctly: The two original slips, one amended slip for one of the originals, and one cancel slip for the other original.

The XML specification of uploaded T5 slips requires the report code to be present (field rpt_tcd). So, Access CU had to include it in the uploaded T5 slips.

There is a possibility that Access CU uploaded everything correctly to CRA and screwed up only by not printing and mailing you a copy of the cancel T5 slip.  

Bottom line Access is a royal screw up, in many ways. And I don’t see it improving.

I have mailed my changes. Attempted 2 calls to CRA with huge waits. I realize the records need to be corrected, but I have difficulty in wasting my time on their error and reluctance to get back to me when I brought it to their attention.

The xml thing needed some codes. What a PITA, so did not pursue. I did a T1 adjustment to the line #.

The codes are on my mailed slips but not on the downloads at CRA.

April 21, 2024
6:24 pm
Norman1
Members

BarbM said

Bottom line Access is a royal screw up, in many ways. And I don’t see it improving.

I have mailed my changes. Attempted 2 calls to CRA with huge waits. …

The codes are on my mailed slips but not on the downloads at CRA.

Yes, Access CU did screw up the migration of Hubert from Sunova's system to theirs.

One could pay CRA any extra taxes owing now and call CRA after the April 30 peak. Hopefully, what looks like a duplicate T5 slip at CRA is the cancel T5 slip and CRA won't needed anything else to accept your T1-ADJ request.

I also found that Access CU messed up the remaining two quarterly interest payments on a Hubert quarterly term that were made after the migration. Overpaid the interest on the first payment. Then, underpaid on the following payment to compensate!

Maturity value is materially correct (just 1¢ off expected). But, the interest rate of those two payments don't match the advertised rates.

Back to the T5 slips, still odd that the total interest is off on the original slips. I got the correct total interest by just adding up the monthly interest paid on my savings account in 2023 and the interest paid on my term deposits in 2023.

April 21, 2024
6:31 pm
BarbM
Members

I cashed in all my quarterlies once I hit a quarter during the big storm. No loss of interest.

I have flagged every GIC that I have that pays interest annually or at maturity. So far all have paid out satisfactorily as per my excel tracking program.

Access has caused me many extra steps due to non confidence.

April 23, 2024
2:03 am
Hmm
Members
Forum Posts: 112

BarbM said

I have flagged every GIC that I have that pays interest annually or at maturity. So far all have paid out satisfactorily as per my excel tracking program.  

Can you share your excel tracking program or link to where you downloaded it, if applicable?

April 23, 2024
4:52 am
savemoresaveoften
Members
Forum Posts: 2885

interesting as I did not receive any snail mail regarding my T5 is wrong. Also CRA did not rec amended T5 from Access either.
So it looks like not all accounts are affected.
My interest is from the quarterly as well but I redeemed after 1st quarter. Maybe thats why the math is proper.

April 23, 2024
7:55 am
Jimmy
Members
Forum Posts: 32

After reading about errors on T5 slips I called them yesterday to see if I would be receiving an amended one. After a few minutes on hold they confirmed my T5 slip was correct. My calculations show about $20 less in interest than T5 slip, but it makes no difference on my tax return balance so not an issue.

April 23, 2024
8:57 am
Norman1
Members

The T5 slip for Hubert is for the combined interest from all the non-registered accounts, like the savings accounts and term deposits. My original T5 slip would be even further off if I didn't include the savings account interest in my calculations.

Any distributions on the Sunova CU shares would be included as well as interest.

April 23, 2024
9:33 am
BarbM
Members

Hmm said

Can you share your excel tracking program or link to where you downloaded it, if applicable?  

Sorry, I am afraid not. I have personally custom developed it with codes etc that reflect the use of specific FIs with a GIC sheet for grouped GICs and also a self updating summary sheet. It works for GICS that collect interest annually or at maturity. It only worked for Hubert quarterlies based on keeping them for a year. The summary reports GICs at the matured value, by TFSA, RRIF, RRSP or non registered, by each spouse and a grand total. You can develop your own and should be able to easily find the excel formulas/equations/calculations online.

May 2, 2024
1:48 am
Hmm
Members

BarbM said

Sorry, I am afraid not. I have personally custom developed it with codes etc that reflect the use of specific FIs with a GIC sheet for grouped GICs and also a self updating summary sheet. It works for GICS that collect interest annually or at maturity. It only worked for Hubert quarterlies based on keeping them for a year. The summary reports GICs at the matured value, by TFSA, RRIF, RRSP or non registered, by each spouse and a grand total. You can develop your own and should be able to easily find the excel formulas/equations/calculations online.  

No problem. Thanks for replying. With ChatGpt it's making things a bit more easier in creating accurate formulas for spreadsheets. Google's Gemini is terrible. I can't even get it to provide me an accurate formula for its Google Sheets. I use ChatGpt or Bing's Copilot instead.

I'm hopeful I can find a basic template myself and over time customize it.

May 2, 2024
1:52 am
Hmm
Members

Jimmy said
After reading about errors on T5 slips I called them yesterday to see if I would be receiving an amended one. After a few minutes on hold they confirmed my T5 slip was correct. My calculations show about $20 less in interest than T5 slip, but it makes no difference on my tax return balance so not an issue.  

That's interesting. I added $20 in interest to my T5 as a test and the amount due was $6 more.

May 2, 2024
8:11 am
Jimmy
Members
Forum Posts: 32

I took last year off as I had to deal with senior parents. Income was low, hence I had no tax payable.

No permission to create posts

Please write your comments in the forum.