CDF has a 100 day GIC at 2.12% | GIC discussions | Discussion forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
CDF has a 100 day GIC at 2.12%
July 17, 2015
11:28 am
parlaminty
Members
Forum Posts: 8
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I just called in to Canadian Direct Financial to see if they would match the Tangerine 3% offer and they could not but they did offer me the current rate special of 2.12% for 100 days on any balances that were in my savings account as of July 3rd. I had transferred some funds from a different bank after July 3rd but the rep said those funds were not eligible.

You have to call in to take advantage of this offer as it's not on the website.

July 20, 2015
8:25 am
xxxx
Banned
Forum Posts: 338

I called CDF today (July 20); they were not offering this term today. Best they would do is 1 year GIC @1.6%.

July 20, 2015
8:41 am
slow_n_steady
Members
Forum Posts: 14

Thank you parlaminty for your post!

I just called CDF and asked for the 100 d 2.12% GIC and was granted it on my full savings account deposit (which have been there since February 2015). The person stated that is was only available for current deposits in the account.

July 20, 2015
9:30 am
james1900
Members
Forum Posts: 181

Why settled for less? Tangerine has 3% promotion in place. Or just save the hassle to transfer?

July 20, 2015
10:08 am
xxxx
Banned
Forum Posts: 338

I called CDF for the second time today after reading above that slow_n_steady got the 100 d. 2.12% GIC. I asked the agent why I was not offered it when I called earlier today - I was told, I did not mention the Tangerine 3% promo in my earlier phone call - and CDF was using their 2.12% effort as a "retention bonus" if one said they were going to move their money to Tangerine for its promo. I said I could move it to Tangerine but would leave it at CDF if they could give me the 2.12% - so was then told they would give it to me. So after making 2 calls, I got the promo!

I appreciate this forum or would not have known about the 2.12% 100 day "retention bonus" which some of you have gotten. Hope this assists others.

July 20, 2015
3:38 pm
parlaminty
Members
Forum Posts: 8

i did initially mention the Tangerine rate to which the rep offered me the 2.12% promo. So for anyone calling in be sure to mention Tangerine's rate.

I don't have a Tangerine account so it was too much of a hassle to open yet another HISA. I have 5 already so I am sick of the rate chasing.

Please write your comments in the forum.